Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworks in the Current Parks

Galaxy Defender

Premium Member
Oct 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Comcast just finished the deal for DreamWorks and can use the IPs in the parks right away. Majority of members here feel that DreamWorks attractions will likely go in the third Park. Assuming this, how would you like to see DreamWorks in the existing parts right now?

• Meet and greets
  • Character meals
  • Parades
  • Merchandising
What would you like to see? How soon do you think we will see it? Or do you think we will actually see DreamWorks attractions in the current parks?

Depends on how much they value DreamWorks Animation: a sole brand or multiple IPs. Could we see a Shrek swamp or Far Far Away Castle in the 3rd park? An Isle of Berk (How to Train Your Dragon) replace Toon Lagoon or Lost Continent? A Valley of Peace (Kung Fu Panda) get developed on the unused land behind MiB and Simpsons?

As for what they can do currently...

-Definitely retool the parade
-Use the popular DW brands to market Uni to kids aside from Shrek and Minions
-Open a DW store or dedicate a section of one of the larger ones to DW merch

SpongeBob gets prominent advertising from Universal even though it's just a meet and greet, store and float in the parade. I wonder if we will see Universal advertising DreamWorks in the parks, assuming DreamWorks makes it into the current parks in some way.

For the longest time, the four main brands that were always highlighted in ads I saw were Marvel, Jurassic Park, Mummy, and Shrek. With Shrek obviously being their kid friendly IP.

Nowadays, the top two IPs I mostly see to advertise Universal are either Potter or Minions.

Strictly advertising wise, I never see Spongebob represented unless it is a split second shot from the parade.

I regularly see SpongeBob Universal Billboards in Orlando.
It was anecdotal evidence. Yeah, when I lived in Orlando, I would see billboards with everything from Suess, Marvel, and MiB.

I was more talking about nationwide marketing commercials, that reach a broader audience than just locals.

It was anecdotal evidence. Yeah, when I lived in Orlando, I would see billboards with everything from Suess, Marvel, and MiB.

I was more talking about nationwide marketing commercials, that reach a broader audience than just locals.
For Nationwide marketing I am sure you are correct that they are not using SpongeBob much.

Quickly induldging on SpongeBob, I don't think he's staying for long..

..but onto DWA at hand, I expect a bump up in the amount of Resort-Wide DWA Merchandise to increase significantly. I also expect if they do Meet and Greets, Alex and Puss will arrive for USF (Puss being added for Shrek, Fiona and Donkey and Alex as a walkaround character in New York).

I don't expect major developments for DWA Until the third gate, but get the ball rolling and start from there.

Quickly induldging on SpongeBob, I don't think he's staying for long..

..but onto DWA at hand, I expect a bump up in the amount of Resort-Wide DWA Merchandise to increase significantly. I also expect if they do Meet and Greets, Alex and Puss will arrive for USF (Puss being added for Shrek, Fiona and Donkey and Alex as a walkaround character in New York).

I don't expect major developments for DWA Until the third gate, but get the ball rolling and start from there.
Didn't KidZone used to have some kind of stage for Madagascar?

I was looking at the DW and Universal contract and noticed something about having characters in the park for a year time frame, implying they couldn't just take down Shrek and open something new with DW two years later. Any thoughts on this?

If USF wants to continue doing a holiday parade with balloons they could ditch Macy's and use all the Dreamworks characters. Add in the Classics, Illumination and Nintendo and we have a great parade.

If USF wants to continue doing a holiday parade with balloons they could ditch Macy's and use all the Dreamworks characters. Add in the Classics, Illumination and Nintendo and we have a great parade.

NBC and Macy's are tight so I don't think this will play. I believe that all we can do is add Dreamworks and other things but the flag at the front will still be Macy's.

NBC and Macy's are tight so I don't think this will play. I believe that all we can do is add Dreamworks and other things but the flag at the front will still be Macy's.

Sigh. I am so tired of those old balloons. Many of them are generic and boring.

I thought I heard a rumor saying the parade isn't going to be in existence for much longer (the one at UO, obv. not the original)