Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

Thoughts on T23D.

Honestly I think it it should survive a lot longer. The show was great and the effects still give me nostalgia. Although Genysis wasn't exactly the best of movies of last year, the legacy of the original films are undeniable.

If anything I suggest Shrek gets the axe. But considering US now has DreamWorks rights, that may not happen.

Thoughts on T23D.

Honestly I think it it should survive a lot longer. The show was great and the effects still give me nostalgia. Although Genysis wasn't exactly the best of movies of last year, the legacy of the original films are undeniable.

If anything I suggest Shrek gets the axe. But considering US now has DreamWorks rights, that may not happen.
The fact that Shrek is the only DreamWorks attraction at the parks actually makes it easier to give it the axe then start over in park #3 with something much better.

Thoughts on T23D.

I think it's more likely, actually.

Shrek is the only DW attraction in the park and it's a poor representation of the IP. They can do much better and I expect some sort of Dreamworks area in the 3rd park.

I watched this movie again last night for the first time in... 8 years?

Wow. Just wow. I forgot how much I missed ACTUAL explosions, ACTUAL car crashes, stuntmen, etc. There's a certain physicality to the movie (while still being a landmark special effects movie) that just makes it seem so real. I find it hard to beleive at this day in age any director would crash a full size tanker trunk into the LA River.

I watched this movie again last night for the first time in... 8 years?

Wow. Just wow. I forgot how much I missed ACTUAL explosions, ACTUAL car crashes, stuntmen, etc. There's a certain physicality to the movie (while still being a landmark special effects movie) that just makes it seem so real. I find it hard to beleive at this day in age any director would crash a full size tanker trunk into the LA River.

And that is EXACTLY what makes it so great. Practical effects are always better than CGI in my opinion, similar to parks with screens vs. sets.

And that is EXACTLY what makes it so great. Practical effects are always better than CGI in my opinion, similar to parks with screens vs. sets.
A few years ago this was more true. Nowadays it is more the difference between good and bad CGI. People hailed the new mad max like it was the greatest for using practical effects, when really they were a pretty small aspect of a heavily CGI movie. The CGI was just so well done that people didn't notice.

A few years ago this was more true. Nowadays it is more the difference between good and bad CGI. People hailed the new mad max like it was the greatest for using practical effects, when really they were a pretty small aspect of a heavily CGI movie. The CGI was just so well done that people didn't notice.

That's because it wasn't all CGI. the practical effects there laid the groundwork that the CGI was just supplamental and really blended in. It wasn't all CGI like the Star Wars prequels where everything felt fake. That's why the original Jurassic Park still holds up today.

From Fowl, he is now getting possible word that while AHS would be returning next year, TWD would be getting the full Year-Round treatment that those in Hollywood got earlier this year..