MSHI Expansion? | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel sorry for the Doom team members. The doors to the ride are on a timer. It takes them so long to get guests out the doors are shutting and the team members have to reopen them. You can see how much they are (safely) rushing to get everyone in and out of the ride.

Reactions: Mike S
He's honestly worse than Jim Hill lately. He mostly just loves to talk about himself and somewhere in his posts he throws some outlandish rumor against the wall that he knows will cause an uproar.

He reminds me of a Disney version of Trump, actually..,

Very. He called DCA's Tower conversion but WDW's is in a lot of flux but that's no reason to distrust his info now. Remember how on this site Dragon Challenge was definitely closing "soon" (September)? Yeah.... I still trust the sources here though.

Huh, that's interesting. I'm gonna rephrase if you don't mind. Insider info changes and no insider is perfectly infalliable. Does he have a decent track record or does he only report things to rile people up?

his track record has lined up 9/10 times. So he is pretty reliable despite some not liking his demeanor and personality
Hmm...I don't know. 74's been slipping recently. Martin, I believe, is far more credible when it comes to Disney rumors. Also, something about 74's post doesn't add up, even by Disney exec logic.

I honestly can't stand his persona, he posts like he's some big shot, like he has something to prove. Grates on my nerves. Nonetheless, I do recognize he has a track record, but he's not perfect as he so often claims to be.

Martin has conflicting info (thus far) and so does another insider I've been in chats with, for what it's worth.

(^ Regarding GotG placement)

As to the Avengers ride, I think 74 was just guessing about potential possibilities, not hinting that something was actually in development. But, that's my interpretation.

Last edited:
I am assuming that if there was to be an Avengers ride that the entire Island would be rethemed with a more realistic New York look. The current digital Spider-Man attraction would fit in nicely, though the queue and exterior would have to be redone. The redone Hulk would fit in nicely.

It certainly seems as if Universal has been planning for the possibility. Hmm. . .

I am assuming that if there was to be an Avengers ride that the entire Island would be rethemed with a more realistic New York look. The current digital Spider-Man attraction would fit in nicely, though the queue and exterior would have to be redone. The redone Hulk would fit in nicely.

It certainly seems as if Universal has been planning for the possibility. Hmm. . .

It makes perfect sense but when they're building Fallon next door and adding a lot to the New York area, I can't see them having two New York.

Reactions: quinnmac000
It makes perfect sense but when they're building Fallon next door and adding a lot to the New York area, I can't see them having two New York.
I thought of that, but if they can have Springfield in Universal Studios I think they can live with New York.

The city is New York, New York. Universal would have New York New York. The city so good they built it twice.:)

Hmm...I don't know. 74's been slipping recently. Martin, I believe, is far more credible when it comes to Disney rumors. Also, something about 74's post doesn't add up, even by Disney exec logic.

I honestly can't stand his persona, he posts like he's some big shot, like he has something to prove. Grates on my nerves. Nonetheless, I do recognize he has a track record, but he's not perfect as he so often claims to be.

Martin has conflicting info (thus far) and so does another insider I've been in chats with, for what it's worth.

(^ Regarding GotG placement)

As to the Avengers ride, I think 74 was just guessing about potential possibilities, not hinting that something was actually in development. But, that's my interpretation.
The Avengers rumor was brought up by Martin first some time ago so now we have a second source on it. Remember, 74 is the guy who called the entire Shanghai Disneyland lineup years before it was confirmed by Disney. Also the DCA ToT earlier this year. The GotG thing is even confusing Martin which shows how fluid the plan is right now.

Last edited:
I thought of that, but if they can have Springfield in Universal Studios I think they can live with New York.

The city is New York, New York. Universal would have New York New York. The city so good they built it twice.:)
If they went the more realistic route I think the only real New York references would be Spider-Man and the Avengers Tower.* The land would still just be called Marvel Superhero Island.

*Perfect facade and replacement for Dr. Doom if that part of the rumor is true and no I'm not saying I would want a drop ride. It's just a facade.

The Avengers rumor was brought up by Martin first some time ago so now we have a second source on it. Remember, 74 is the guy who called the entire Shanghai Disneyland lineup years before it was confirmed by Disney. Also the DCA ToT earlier this year. The GotG thing is even confusing Martin which shows how fluid the plan is right now.
I know Martin brought up the Avengers ride a while back, but he's also not the greatest when it comes to Universal. If I remember correctly, Teebin sort of discredited the Avengers rumor (No offense to Martin, he's amazing, but I'd trust Teebin's input more than Martin's when it comes to Universal).

Based on what's been relayed to me, I suspect 74's source was lied to regarding GotG.

Speaking of sources and this is probably a very dumb question but how does one get their info? Are they working on the project, former employees, friends or family with people in the know? Mixture of everything?

Speaking of sources and this is probably a very dumb question but how does one get their info? Are they working on the project, former employees, friends or family with people in the know? Mixture of everything?

Personally speaking, I adore artists and engineers in the themed world. Some see me post on here and contact me and once they do, it is all over. I am quite snazzy at slamming them with questions while at the same time protecting their identity. Trust and sincere interest goes a long way. ;)

Personally speaking, I adore artists and engineers in the themed world. Some see me post on here and contact me and once they do, it is all over. I am quite snazzy at slamming them with questions while at the same time protecting their identity. Trust and sincere interest goes a long way. ;)
I still think Teebin is really Mark Woodbury of Universal Creative, in disguise, using us on OU as test guinea pigs to bounce his ideas off. How else would he know so much, and be right 99% of the time? ;):lol: