Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sneak Peak of Doctor Strange coming to One Man's Dream October 7

He's not saying it can't happen, because obviously it did. Just saying we've received intel that it crossed a line apparently and it's being addressed.
And I wouldn't be surprised if that happen. If you go back to my post this morning when I first brought up the stuff about the Daily Bugle (and even referencing Daredevil on it) I was surprised they went that far and said that they were really pushing buttons on how far they could go.

I won't at all be surprised if the park opens tomorrow and half the decorative stuff is stripped and dialogue changed so he can't even mention his character name. Possibly the whole thing gone away entirely. But I don't like to just basically shut everything down of any possibilities moving forward before I see evidence of change. When Disney does change something, it obviously means they went too far, but until then, Doctor Strange is doing his thing :lol:

And I wouldn't be surprised if that happen. If you go back to my post this morning when I first brought up the stuff about the Daily Bugle (and even referencing Daredevil on it) I was surprised they went that far and said that they were really pushing buttons on how far they could go.

I won't at all be surprised if the park opens tomorrow and half the decorative stuff is stripped and dialogue changed so he can't even mention his character name. Possibly the whole thing gone away entirely. But I don't like to just basically shut everything down of any possibilities moving forward before I see evidence of change. When Disney does change something, it obviously means they went too far, but until then, Doctor Strange is doing his thing :lol:

The signs are probably stuck on using velcro for a swift removal. :lol:

Link? I just checked and didn't see anything that even led me to the existence of this little show/M&G.
I just searched WDW and Doctor Strange and a wide variety of official postings came up. If we're just talking M&G the only thing I saw specifically was the casting call. Of course the same could be said for any number of WDW M&G's.

So does Disney suffer any consequences to keep them from trying to keep pushing the envelope of what they're allowed to use? Or are they free to keep throwing things out there first and just shut it down later?

I'm sure at some point they will besides the loss of money of making these things and then immediately shutting them down.

I'm sure at some point they will besides the loss of money of making these things and then immediately shutting them down.
Could they lose a bit of money if it's shutdown quick? Sure, but if Disney's goal is to push buttons and they somehow succeed... isn't the small investment worth finding out if they can use the character in the parks?

Not saying that is going to happen, but from Disney's prospective, it's small risk, high reward imo.

Could they lose a bit of money if it's shutdown quick? Sure, but if Disney's goal is to push buttons and they somehow succeed... isn't the small investment worth finding out if they can use the character in the parks?

Not saying that is going to happen, but from Disney's prospective, it's small risk, high reward imo.
watching the video it looks like Disney only spent prob 5-10k for this meet and greet so it more like losing pocket change for them

According to RAXIP over on Magic who works in entertainment and is pretty much always on it with entertainment rumors, the M&G is running 5 days a week for 20 days total. Last day is scheduled to be Thursday, December 1st.

Also, apparently Doctor Strange IS advertised on the times guide.

drstrange4_zpsdqlalrl1.jpg

Last edited: