Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Detective Pikachu

For everybody reading this, watch the Gravity Falls show. I know it's on Disney Channel, but it's not very kid-centric. It's one of the best animated shows of recent memory - up there with Bojack Horseman and Rick + Morty. This movie just became one of my most anticipated entirely due to Alex Hirsch's involvement.

For everybody reading this, watch the Gravity Falls show. I know it's on Disney Channel, but it's not very kid-centric. It's one of the best animated shows of recent memory - up there with Bojack Horseman and Rick + Morty. This movie just became one of my most anticipated entirely due to Alex Hirsch's involvement.

Once I saw Alex Hirsch I flipped out. That man is a genius

I firmly agree with this. Just like BoJack it takes a few episodes to warm up but man it's good. Cannot recommend that show more.

I enjoyed Monsters V. Aliens and from what I heard; Goosebumps was actually rather enjoyable. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that may change after seeing Goosebumps.

Goosebumps was great besides the male lead who was the worst and horribly written and irked me immensely. But I hated Shark Tale. So i'm iffy if this will be good.

Goosebumps was a fine movie. Not great, but not terrible either. Definitely not my first choice for a director for this movie, but the writers are so great that I think the movie will be good nonetheless. (Shark Tale is horrible, but I'll give the director the benefit of the doubt since that came out over ten years ago and his subsequent movies have been much better.)

Detective Pikachu Starts Filming Next Year | Screen Rant

egendary Pictures’ Detective Pikachu, a live-action film based on the wildly popular Pokemon video game series, is set to go before cameras in London starting in January 2018. Goosebumps director Rob Letterman has been tabbed to head up the project, working from a script by Nicole Perlman (Captain Marvel) and Alex Hirsch (Galaxy Falls).

Detective Pikachu is based on a Japanese point-and-click game called Great Detective Pikachu in which a high-functioning Pikachu and his friend, a human boy named Tim Goodman, become a very unlikely mystery-solving team. Described as “bossy, talkative and lovable,” Detective Pikachu goes around in a Sherlock Holmes hat and, unlike your average Pikachu, is capable of a high level of verbal communication. Legendary Pictures snapped up the rights to make a film based on the Pokemon universe back in July of 2016, and some were surprised when they announced Detective Pikachu as their first live-action project under that deal.

Omega Underground reports that Detective Pikachu is now set to go before cameras starting in London in January 2018. No casting announcements have yet been made but with shooting set to crank up, those should be coming along shortly.

Detetcive-Pikachu-Production1.jpg

Well, crap. With him in the lead I’ll actually try to watch this.

I loved The Get Down, and he was fantastic in it.

A week after Inifnity War Part 2? That’s pretty gutsy.
And it's not like the audiences are too different. Sure it's a cute Pikachu movie that kids will like, but their bread and butter is in the nostalgia zone, which is a lot of the comic book folk. I have a feeling the date gets moved.