Detective Pikachu | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Detective Pikachu

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like the plan to advertise in hype for the upcoming Super Nintendo World from Universal isn't going to work exactly as planned. At least a Super Mario movie is gonna be made with Illumination so it isn't a big loss anyways....

I never got any wind of Detective Pikachu having any connection for SNW soooo....

Glad it doesn't seem like a creative issue, but it does make me interested.

Reactions: HereWeGo
Detective Pikachu has moved ship from Universal, now being distributed by Warner Bros Pictures.

This actually makes sense. Universal has distributed several money losers for Legendary (Warcraft, Pacific Rim 2, Skyscraper - will lose money), and WB was able to keep the Godzilla/Kong series of movies which are Legendary's only money makers. So the Universal-Legendary deal was pretty bad from the start.

So a reunion of WB and Legendary makes sense; hard to imagine Universal wanted to keep Legendary's properties given all of them have flopped except for the Godzilla/Kong series.

Looks like the plan to advertise in hype for the upcoming Super Nintendo World from Universal isn't going to work exactly as planned. At least a Super Mario movie is gonna be made with Illumination so it isn't a big loss anyways....
This is a move by Legendary, the film studio that got the rights for Detective Pikachu from Pokemon Company; it's not related to Nintendo.

Anyone get classic dark ride vibes from this?

Honestly, I really love the vibes from it. It's direct and right to the point, but the logo has a very nice use of color. Not to mention from the Pokemon World Championship and the set photos, they seem to be understanding the artistic style so-far.

I still don't get Universal Pictures passing on this one. I get that they haven't been happy with Legendary's output during their distribution deal together but this one I feel has the potential to make some money. Not to mention the parks might have gotten a taste of what's to come if they did merchandise for the film.

I still don't get Universal Pictures passing on this one. I get that they haven't been happy with Legendary's output during their distribution deal together but this one I feel has the potential to make some money. Not to mention the parks might have gotten a taste of what's to come if they did merchandise for the film.

The films that were successful Universal was producing in-house and Legendary jumped on to add money (Jurassic World/Jurassic World 2/Mama Mia/Straight Outta Compton) Legendary lead films unperformed for their budgets.

Additionally, WB will get no Chinese or Japanese money from this film distribution....missing out on the biggest pokemon market and the second largest film market is kinda a money loser.

(Also Universal allegedly gets a count of the monster verse films as Kong: Skull Island was developed by Universal and it was what they received for ceding distribution)

Dr0V2cAU4AAFnAh.jpg

To say it in the best way, from myself..

Watching it a few more times, I am hooked. The art style of Ryme City, looks amazing; and I love how they blended existing Pokemon to the live action center.

Reactions: Mike S