Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Official "Use of Screenz" Thread

I've seen conflicting reports, certainly. For my own sanity, I'll choose to keep hope alive for the time being. I don't want to spend the next three years with my expectations in the cellar, because that's not too exciting.

Personally, 150 AA's are to me outlandish in my opinion as it's unnecessary in how much it was rumored by MC if I recall correctly.

Will there be AA's? Yes. I do think it'll be a POTCS to where it's having AA's, and they may have one impressive one (Looking at you Davy); but it'll be mostly a screen-based attraction with distinctly massive sets and sculptures all throughout.

With Panasonic now partnering with WDI, I expect to see some fun imagery try to be displayed in the attraction; but that's just me.

HP sponsored WDW in a similar way with computers that lead to the living character shows (Crush, Monsters, etc). It's more a CES bullet point than something huge and major.

Personally, 150 AA's are to me outlandish in my opinion as it's unnecessary in how much it was rumored by MC if I recall correctly.

Will there be AA's? Yes. I do think it'll be a POTCS to where it's having AA's, and they may have one impressive one (Looking at you Davy); but it'll be mostly a screen-based attraction with distinctly massive sets and sculptures all throughout.

You're probably not wrong. If the sets end up being as comprehensive, detailed, and numerous as Shanghai's Pirates, I guess I can live with that.

I still just want either of these companies to build a ride that's an animatronics showcase again. They can do whatever else they want for the next ten years if they give me one ride!

I'm not holding my breath.

With Panasonic now partnering with WDI, I expect to see some fun imagery try to be displayed in the attraction; but that's just me.
The only way I can see 150 AAs is if the vast majority are very simple Stormtroopers. The Jack AAs in Shanghai are also very impressive. Pay attention to his hands.

I believe the 150 applies exclusively to storm trooper AAs. There will be various other creature/alien/droids AA's in addition to that number.

I believe that there will be 150 Stormtroopers. A few of them AA, a lot of mechanical figure Stormtroopers, and some Stormtrooper static figures. Along with 3 alien creature AAs. One of them of considerable size with lotso tenticles.
Are you saying there are Rathtars planned for the battle attraction?

Are you saying there are Rathtars planned for the battle attraction?
Like this?
latest

If we were going to have alien creature AAs, I'd much rather have a wampa, or a rancor, or something along those lines (i.e. an indelible, memorable design) than a rathtar, but at this point I'm happy to take any large creature AA.

Still don't know why people complain about SCREEENZZZZ on Kong even though the queue and half of the ride are physical sets, and what is done with the screens would be nearly impossible with physical sets especially with the amount of space they had.