Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 231 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure less informed guests are the company's fault.

The people who arrive with no idea where they are or what there is to do are just.. well.. idiots. Along those lines, providing park maps/collateral media and good signage is a key to avoiding these situations.

An example of "expecting too much of a guest" is when they eliminate all the smoking areas except for two at the MK and don't make this information available anywhere but on the maps they've discouraged guests from getting and the app (hidden deep within it). The obvious solution is a simple sign that says "No smoking here, nearest location is XYZ" at the old locations.

But adding a third park and having it cost a different amount will clue most people in - plus the attractions are all slides. I dont think it will be an issue if they deliver on the show elements.

Reactions: Dan B and Mike S
I'm not sure less informed guests are the company's fault.

The people who arrive with no idea where they are or what there is to do are just.. well.. idiots. Along those lines, providing park maps/collateral media and good signage is a key to avoiding these situations.

An example of "expecting too much of a guest" is when they eliminate all the smoking areas except for two at the MK and don't make this information available anywhere but on the maps they've discouraged guests from getting and the app (hidden deep within it). The obvious solution is a simple sign that says "No smoking here, nearest location is XYZ" at the old locations.

But adding a third park and having it cost a different amount will clue most people in - plus the attractions are all slides. I dont think it will be an issue if they deliver on the show elements.

How many tourists are buying individual tickets though? They'll buy a 3 park ticket for however much.

You're right though, I think it would be difficult to even buy that ticket in person and not have the person explain to you what you're getting for your cash or if you buy online, at least read what's included.

Universal Orlando™ 3 Park Explorer Ticket

Even in the UK, VB is coloured blue and called a water theme park in the description. As long as Universal doesn't go with a misleading photo for the park, the buyer can only be held responsible. Even looking at all the advertising photos for VB, I don't see how anybody couldn't see what it is:

e3e9_UVB-1.jpg

46d2_UVB-2.jpg

7b3e_UBV-drop.jpg

Even though they say 3 parks in it the latest commercial I've seen has a clear shot of VB where anyone can see that it is obviously a water park.

Reactions: Frogki
Are you sure? Water parks have far smaller capacities than regular theme parks. If they sell only 3 day tickets that include it they might be on to something.

IMG_5412.PNG I don't know about you guys, but I'm far more excited to see the theming on this park go up over the following months than anything else new that's coming in 2017. I mean all they have so far is slides that's it. Everything else is dirt. We're gonna be seeing hundreds of palm trees, so many little details that I can't wait.
-
And also I don't know about you guys, but I remember a the very first slidepiece that went into the volcano and nothing else ever happened after that with the slide. Anyone know what happened here?

I was talking to someone in guest services last week. She said to be safe, it would be good to book our trip in July or late June if we want to see VB. Just passing along what I was told.

Also, is it true they can't do construction in the evening?

Reactions: Scott W.
I was talking to someone in guest services last week. She said to be safe, it would be good to book our trip in July or late June if we want to see VB. Just passing along what I was told.

Also, is it true they can't do construction in the evening?

Many photos of the volcano lit at night in this thread with construction happening so I don't think there is a restriction on night work.

Reactions: Joel
Are you sure? Water parks have far smaller capacities than regular theme parks. If they sell only 3 day tickets that include it they might be on to something.

I just can't see a good reason why they wouldn't. I am curious to see what the park's capacity is. It's the biggest water park in the area but with the virtual queuing, I can see that taking a drastic hit on the capacity if most people are in the wave pool or lazy river waiting instead of in a queue.

Many photos of the volcano lit at night in this thread with construction happening so I don't think there is a restriction on night work.

I got the impression that the areas furthest away from CBBR were being worked on at night. When I stayed there in September, we got an email mentioning the construction.

cabana work.JPG

I doubt they had heavy equipment running at night but lots can be done that is not too noisy. Pretty sure I saw overnight changes many of the times I was by there.

Reactions: Joel
Has anybody noticed, when trying to book a Volcano/Pool view room for Cabana Bay, that it lists VB as opening June 1st?

..or am I late to the party?

Status
Not open for further replies.