Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how i feel about the blotches.. it feels like they preemptively included bird poo because of how Potter ended up.. even though i know that's not it and meant to mimic a certain type of rockwork..

Also - looking at the slide in general (oddly, something we dont discuss much) - it seems like most are twisty and fairly gentle in terms of drops. My "home park" for a water park is Adventure Island so i'm used to small single person pipes and multi-story drops.. the bigger pipes for lots of tube slides and then the fairly gentle layouts are enticing to me (me no like dropping.)

It's not to say there's none - obviously the ones in the volcano itself - but the park seems to offer more of the other ones than I'm used to seeing in a water park.

Like the park was designed in the mindset of pleasing the people who want to stay on the lazy river all day, not the ones who want to climb the stairs to the top of Summit Plummit 8 times.

Also - looking at the slide in general (oddly, something we dont discuss much) - it seems like most are twisty and fairly gentle in terms of drops. My "home park" for a water park is Adventure Island so i'm used to small single person pipes and multi-story drops.. the bigger pipes for lots of tube slides and then the fairly gentle layouts are enticing to me (me no like dropping.)

It's not to say there's none - obviously the ones in the volcano itself - but the park seems to offer more of the other ones than I'm used to seeing in a water park.

Like the park was designed in the mindset of pleasing the people who want to stay on the lazy river all day, not the ones who want to climb the stairs to the top of Summit Plummit 8 times.

Yeah that is my demo and I might climb to the top a couple of times for the view but want to spend my time floating rather than climbing for a short ride down. That means I have more time and the resources to spend money so I do think that is the demo they are playing to. I am 20 minutes from some of the best beaches in the world and spent many years just floating there. Suits me fine if they make the price point right.

I do not want a Wn'W/Adventure Island situation with all the kids running wild all over. They can spend time climbing as far as I am concerned.

Yeah that is my demo and I might climb to the top a couple of times for the view but want to spend my time floating rather than climbing for a short ride down. That means I have more time and the resources to spend money so I do think that is the demo they are playing to. I am 20 minutes from some of the best beaches in the world and spent many years just floating there. Suits me fine if they make the price point right.

I do not want a Wn'W/Adventure Island situation with all the kids running wild all over. They can spend time climbing as far as I am concerned.
Me too. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mike S
The bird poo on Potter is actually painted on.

Funny... it's not in the model used in the film that the castle is based on for color and paint..

article-2109071-11FC87B3000005DC-927_964x641.jpg

And it's not in California which is essentially a replica of the same design...

IMG_0265.jpg

And there's just an itty-biotty bit of it when the ride opened to the public..

jun-17-2010-orlando-florida-us-tourists-walk-past-the-entrance-gates-CADFN0.jpg

And it's not there while they're actually painting it..

9d549940fc597d52d797fe1422a0470e.jpg

Reactions: awhen and Nick
Why would anyone care if it would be bird poop anyway. People here are always asking for realism. Well, you can't get more realistic than a bird poop look, real or painted on. :)...unless, of course, if there was a passage in the HP books where Dumbledore awakened every morn and waved his wand, with the incantation "Bird poop no more".

Why would anyone care if it would be bird poop anyway. People here are always asking for realism. Well, you can't get more realistic than a bird poop look, real or painted on. :)...unless, of course, if there was a passage in the HP books where Dumbledore awakened every morn and waved his wand, with the incantation "Bird poop no more".

With the use of forced perspective, it gives the illusion that it's a giant bird poop.

tWvjVZ.gif

Somewhere on here (OU) you can find a relatively extensive discussion in the spring of 2010 about the painting of the bird poop on the rock work.

Yes, I remeber it well. If I recall correctly it was between all the posts about the gatorade bottle and you dropping that little bombshell about Jaws :)

I'm pretty sure it was discussed in a behind the scenes documentary too :geek:

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.