Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will Another Coaster Ever Be Built At Universal?

Yeah, they haven't built a bare support coaster since.....2016. If what you said were true, they wouldn't have rebuilt Hulk. They'd be knee deep in a new Avengers ride right there. When the third gate gets built, I'd not be surprised at all to see an icon of the park be a big, bare support coaster.

There have been 'bare coasters' built since Hulk and Dragons were first made at other Universal Resorts..like for example.

• Flight of the Hippogriff (Japan and Hollywood); Japan - Vekoma, Hollywood - Mack
  • Puss In Boots (there are sections where it is pretty much bare naked supports that can be clearly seen) in Singapore
  • Hollywood Dream in Japan (B&M Hyper); can be seen bare naked through multiple parts of the Japanese park
I wouldn't even classify Hulk as the icon of the park. That, goes to the lighthouse, much like how the Globe/Arch is for USF, USH, USJ, and USS.

I would say, it's not impossible that we see another bare naked coaster. You can't hide everything from the guest, even if they tried.

Flight of the Hippogriff was added to alleviate "no family attractions" in IOA and then added to the other WWoHP because it was popular, and the Coaster isn't large such as hulk.

Dream was added the same reason like Rockit, help attendance during a recession.

Flight of the Hippogriff was added to alleviate "no family attractions" in IOA and then added to the other WWoHP because it was popular, and the Coaster isn't large such as hulk.

Dream was added the same reason like Rockit, help attendance during a recession.

Dream was built well before the recession.

To add onto it, Battlestar Galatica is an example where the theme is incorporated to the concept of the coaster being very naked. In a sense, the BSG attraction incorporated it's very naked aspects to its advantage, being an extremely compact but powerful dueling coaster that is more photogenic than I'd even say Hulk or Rockit is.

That's the best design in the industry tho and rockit is far from that. I would love that style B&M at any park anytime.

I'm working on a forbidden forest dark ride on no limits 2. It's a gerstlaure infinity, and is a combination of the mummy and Gringotts. The cars have already been customized to immitate the ford anglia and they have headlights on them. The coaster has a duel station, launch, and a really nice layout so far. It will have a small steady section in begining like Everest, but the main launch will be around 30 seconds into the ride. I'm still making a script for it and I have already added the trees. It's looking nice and when I'm done in around 4 months or longer, I will upload it on YouTube.

there will be if the public demands it!

Lets riot it! They would have to listen one day! we will start at city work, with our picket signs. Maybe if we flip the mystery machine we would win!