Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 259 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about Chris Pratt. I could see a Jurassic World and GOTG ride opening the same year in Orlando.

#ChrisPratt2020 being the unofficial line for Orlando and Twitter goes into meltdown thinking he's running to be president.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Someone should build some type of Twilight Zone ride...
Are you crazy? Kids these days don't know what that is! They want something hip with space ships, walking trees, talking racoons and Chris Pratt.

CWr8j94U4AAleTD.jpg

Back to Jurassic Park..

In a sense, I can really only imagine two ride concepts for right now (until the sequels come out) that would be a great fit.

1.) An indoor/outdoor covered motorbike coaster themed to the raptor hunt sequence from the first film.

In a strange sense, this would act as an family coaster in the same way Tron does; and it wouldn't require a large track like how Tron is. You can simply theme the bikes based on designs of the Triumph Scramblers (the motorbike used in the film itself) and have it controlled with the ride being a mostly screen-based attraction (with maybe even some Raptor AA's along the vicinity of the track). I could see it in a sense, where the Raptor Encounters are and with the Camp Jurassic area engulfed into the attraction.

Or hell, keep CJ but make it a part of the indoor environment and having it be an unique way to offer shaded kids play with the coaster interacting around the camp itself. I think there is a lot of potential that could come out of it, as it'd be a great addition/ to the park and a great replacement to the flyers in a sense. Plus, you could relocate the raptor puppets and keep them in the indoor environment for indoor M&G's (along with maybe the T-Rex)

2.) Trackless Gyrosphere attraction

Essentially, make it a peaceful family attraction that doesn't replace anything (and can be located on the side closest to Hogsmeade) that is educational of prehistoric life and a people filler. In the terms of how they'd do the Gyrosphere, they could explain simply that there may be some windows that open up to make sure that it's not enclosing you completely; almost like a car in a sense.

Besides that, it'd just be an attraction that people of all ages could go on; almost like an Aquatopia if you will. Just, expanded in layout and having animatronic's within the attraction.

_____

I don't think it's being relocated to the third gate. IOA has always been the home to Jurassic Park; and there are ways they can make it not only more immersive, but with having more experiences for everyone to enjoy in many ways.

Back to Jurassic Park..

In a sense, I can really only imagine two ride concepts for right now (until the sequels come out) that would be a great fit.

1.) An indoor/outdoor covered motorbike coaster themed to the raptor hunt sequence from the first film.

In a strange sense, this would act as an family coaster in the same way Tron does; and it wouldn't require a large track like how Tron is. You can simply theme the bikes based on designs of the Triumph Scramblers (the motorbike used in the film itself) and have it controlled with the ride being a mostly screen-based attraction (with maybe even some Raptor AA's along the vicinity of the track). I could see it in a sense, where the Raptor Encounters are and with the Camp Jurassic area engulfed into the attraction.

Or hell, keep CJ but make it a part of the indoor environment and having it be an unique way to offer shaded kids play with the coaster interacting around the camp itself. I think there is a lot of potential that could come out of it, as it'd be a great addition/ to the park and a great replacement to the flyers in a sense. Plus, you could relocate the raptor puppets and keep them in the indoor environment for indoor M&G's (along with maybe the T-Rex)

2.) Trackless Gyrosphere attraction

Essentially, make it a peaceful family attraction that doesn't replace anything (and can be located on the side closest to Hogsmeade) that is educational of prehistoric life and a people filler. In the terms of how they'd do the Gyrosphere, they could explain simply that there may be some windows that open up to make sure that it's not enclosing you completely; almost like a car in a sense.

Besides that, it'd just be an attraction that people of all ages could go on; almost like an Aquatopia if you will. Just, expanded in layout and having animatronic's within the attraction.

_____

I don't think it's being relocated to the third gate. IOA has always been the home to Jurassic Park; and there are ways they can make it not only more immersive, but with having more experiences for everyone to enjoy in many ways.

I really love the idea of a motorbike coaster themed around the sequence. Definitely one of my favorite sequences from the film so I would love to live it out. Maybe you could have one themed to motorbikes and another themed to the raptors and have them duel?? Might look really cheesy but its just an idea that comes to mind when I think of that scene lol.

Reactions: Joel
I really love the idea of a motorbike coaster themed around the sequence. Definitely one of my favorite sequences from the film so I would love to live it out. Maybe you could have one themed to motorbikes and another themed to the raptors and have them duel?? Might look really cheesy but its just an idea that comes to mind when I think of that scene lol.

Personally; I would find it better off that the Raptors are more locked to Screens and Amimatronic's. Only, for a few multiple reasons (beside it being way too cheesy) in a sense to me.

And as for the sequence, that was in my own opinion; the only scene from the film that screamed to make an actual attraction out of. Even more than the Gyroscopes to me; as it'd fit a potential family coaster while being highly themed and well polished.

Reactions: Joel and WolfmanJ
Personally; I would find it better off that the Raptors are more locked to Screens and Amimatronic's. Only, for a few multiple reasons (beside it being way too cheesy) in a sense to me.

And as for the sequence, that was in my own opinion; the only scene from the film that screamed to make an actual attraction out of. Even more than the Gyroscopes to me; as it'd fit a potential family coaster while being highly themed and well polished.
Yeah, that would make more sense, and they'd probably be better off going that route :lol:

I hope they do a JW ride utilizing the 360 3D tech.

Wing Riders are very blah and take up a ton of space...I don't see Uni taking that route
I love wing coasters and they provide a smooth and comfortable ride that has arguably more mass appeal. The enthusiasts generally are down on them due to lack of "forcefulness", but Yea they are huge space takers for the most part and awkward to load for a park trying to push express and single rider.

Reactions: shiekra38

Slightly off topic butthe Jurassic World: the Exhibition exhibit came to the Franklin Institute in Philly and the most expensive ticket special attraction they have ever had and it is setting records for them. People love dinosaurs. It was mostly the same as the video above and was pretty impressive in person for a museum exhibit although rather light on science.

Reactions: belloq87 and Mike S
Confirmed JP expansion via my sources:
1) Wild Most esque coaster named "Jura-Whirl" (No relation to Primeval Whirl)
2) Spinny Dinos (Dumbo type ride)
3) Removal of JPRA and replacement with Poler Coaster

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.