Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 261 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally watched JW and while the spheres are neat looking on film, they are completely impractical as a real life attraction. Just trying to keep the glass/plexi clean is impossible, let alone keeping it scratch free. Add to that the impossibility of keeping people cool in those things in the Florida sun and it's just not happening unless they could do it indoors.

It is able to be done...

Reactions: Mike S and fryoj
It is able to be done...

Thats something along the lines of how I think this ride would need to be done. Have it all be inside, and have the spheres be on an omnimover style track. You get in to a plexi looking ball and go into a dark room to set up everything. The ball would really be all screens(yeah yeah i know), so you never see outside the ball. The screens kick on and you go off on an adventure. It would allow the ride profile to be completely open ended. The car itself could rock to simulate movement and speed or if they wanted ultimate freedom, they could put it on a kuka. Although, I don't think that's needed. They could let the riders control where they go in the ride world opening up endless re-rideability. If they wanted to get real ambitious, they could put all the cars in the same world so you could see friends in other cars, but that might lead to people ruining other people's rides. If you think about it, it would be pretty "easy" to pull the ride off this way. The biggest thing is making it look realistic. Having the computer power to do the entire ride and make it look like you are in a real world and let you explore it. Assuming that's doable though, you just put a computer in each ride vehicle to handle the video and vehicle motion. Then it's just a track through an empty building.

Honestly, I'd just want some more TLC to go back into the land. I feel like the thread of the land has been lost. It's a lot of wasted space, a lot of carts + poorly themed games + retail kiosks.

I love Jurassic Park. Probably my favorite movie of all time. What they have in IoA just doesn't do it justice.

Honestly, I'd just want some more TLC to go back into the land. I feel like the thread of the land has been lost. It's a lot of wasted space, a lot of carts + poorly themed games + retail kiosks.

I love Jurassic Park. Probably my favorite movie of all time. What they have in IoA just doesn't do it justice.
I'd like to see AAs along the paths like in USJ.

Also new AAs in JPRA.

I'd like to see AAs along the paths like in USJ.

Also new AAs in JPRA.
That would be huge.

Also, gutting the inside of the Discovery Center and starting fresh. Talk about wasted real estate.

Seriously, when IoA opened, that facade was supposed to be the "weenie" (stealing a Jim Hill term...) to get people to go to Jurassic Park. And when they get there...it's a food court and a wanna-be children's science museum.

That would be huge.

Also, gutting the inside of the Discovery Center and starting fresh. Talk about wasted real estate.

Seriously, when IoA opened, that facade was supposed to be the "weenie" (stealing a Jim Hill term...) to get people to go to Jurassic Park. And when they get there...it's a food court and a wanna-be children's science museum.
What's an AA?

Totally 100% agree. USJ's JP has to be the nicest out of all of them. The land needs a lot of retheming and updating.

The "cartoonish" theming of the games and food carts is true to the original. I get that you want darker and more dangerous, but Universal has bigger fish to fry than redoing a perfectly adequate area of the park.

Everyone would like to see them do a thousand different things, but changing things and adding new things isn't that simple. Everything needs to be budgeted in time and money. If things work as they are, there's little incentive to change them. There are a few other areas of IoA and Universal that have more pressing needs of funds and fresh ideas than JP.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I feel like everything IOA needs at least some refurb. Marvel island should get a hulk themed refurb. Something way more technological and dramatic. Toon lagoon probably needs the most work, especially Do right. JP should get an entire retheme. Potter could expand and there are so many possibilities. And no one really cares about lost continent or seus landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.