Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2017 Ticket Price Increase

And here we go, Disney is the first this year: Disney World ticket prices increase Sunday
Thanks much. I figured an increase was coming but I thought it would be later in the month. I'm doing a few day trips to WDW during my Universal stay in May, so thanks to you, I was able to hop on the site & buy tickets today before tomorrow's price rise. I thought the site might be slow with people trying to get tickets before the raise tomorrow, but it was normal, so I guess the words not out much yet.

Looking at what a great value Universal AP's are. I bought the special rate Disney four day four park pass (only good till May 24th 2017 and has blackout dates), but it's still considerably more expensive than my Universal AP Power Pass.

1486844064134.jpg

Totally unrelated but the pic in the article shows the castle with a 45th banner. Is that up currently or was it just for the day? Didn't see it on my last two visits in October and December.

I was just looking at the price changes they posted on WDW Magic. On the multi day tickets without park hopper there's very significant price increases for the 5, 6, 7 & 8 day passes and fairly significant increases for the 9 & 10 day passes. Way over and above that 4% increase on single day tickets. It's a fairly large, kind of hidden, increase.

Price increases kicked in today!

Looks like park hopper and water parks + more have been combined into "Park Hopper Plus." Not sure if this was previously coveted but it seems like around $75 upcharge.

Disney has introduced so much surge pricing black magic that it seems difficult to do straight comparisons anymore.

The idea that we've moved to a world where it takes several paragraphs to explain a price increase still boggles my mind.

Disney has introduced so much surge pricing black magic that it seems difficult to do straight comparisons anymore.

The idea that we've moved to a world where it takes several paragraphs to explain a price increase still boggles my mind.
Yes, the seasonal rates are a bit ridiculous..I can't wait to see how much they're going to jack it up post expansions

If you do Magic take a look at the graph Parentsof4 posted.

I find it interesting that they are finally putting expiration dates on tickets. Surprising that it took them this long...

I find it interesting that they are finally putting expiration dates on tickets. Surprising that it took them this long...
I would be comfortable betting that they redo their entire ticket structure when they open SWL. In the past couple of raises they've made significant increases to their 5,6,7,8,9,10 day rates, way above their other increases. I'm guessing that the big bargain that people used to receive for long stays is going to settle into almost the same price range as short stays. Maybe a little less for a long stay but not much. That's been one of the few areas they've had room to up their profits big time, and accentuating revenue at the expense of everything else, seems to be the focus of Disney now. Like they said when they started My Magic, they want to get everything they can out of their customer's wallets. That was their theme park's chief executive's words, not mine. It tells you a lot about their philosophy, and their actions in the last five years certainly reflect that wasn't mere words, because they've done it aggressively in every area of operations. Squeeze the stone dry.

I would be comfortable betting that they redo their entire ticket structure when they open SWL. In the past couple of raises they've made significant increases to their 5,6,7,8,9,10 day rates, way above their other increases. I'm guessing that the big bargain that people used to receive for long stays is going to settle into almost the same price range as short stays. Maybe a little less for a long stay but not much. That's been one of the few areas they've had room to up their profits big time, and accentuating revenue at the expense of everything else, seems to be the focus of Disney now. Like they said when they started My Magic, they want to get everything they can out of their customer's wallets. That was their theme park's chief executive's words, not mine. It tells you a lot about their philosophy, and their actions in the last five years certainly reflect that wasn't mere words, because they've done it aggressively in every area of operations. Squeeze the stone dry.

Except, they won't really up their profits as people will not stay as long. The reason people stay longer, and end up spending more than they planned, was because you could go from a 4 day ticket to a 7 day ticket for like $30 or something cheap like that. If staying those extra three days means $200 a head, people won't stay for a week.

I wonder if the info from the bracelets and other swipes shows that the sweet spot for a stay (max $/person/day) is around 4 days and after that the money is just spread out over the longer stay so they want to get you in, suck up your cash, and get you out to move another vacationer in. Gotta believe they see some trend like that.