SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure if Wild Arctic can hold out that long, as I once heard it is doing rather bad (maintenance wise).
I hope they will put in a flat ride or two as well. Also, not sure what the status is of the skytower, seems it is closed more often than it is open, would be nice if they could replay it with a droptower, maybe something like BGTs Falcon's Fury.
Wild Arctic can survive longer than you think because they cannibalizes some of the RVs for spare parts.

Sky Tower finally reopened recently as they had to special order a part that was no longer being made. It's now only closed during high winds like most rides of it's kind.

Wild Arctic can survive longer than you think because they cannibalizes some of the RVs for spare parts.

Sky Tower finally reopened recently as they had to special order a part that was no longer being made. It's now only closed during high winds like most rides of it's kind.

I know that the last few times I have done Wild Arctic, it has always been the cabin furthest to the left, is this perhaps the only one that is still working?

Reactions: WAJAS
Not sure if Wild Arctic can hold out that long, as I once heard it is doing rather bad (maintenance wise).
I hope they will put in a flat ride or two as well.
Two years ago I rode in one using duct tape on many of the seats, and even holding some of the cabinet doors closed. Hearing the sound of things flapping open and closed on that ride while seeing things literally duct taped is very concerning. I think they closed that RV for good now as I haven't seen it in a long time.

I know that the last few times I have done Wild Arctic, it has always been the cabin furthest to the left, is this perhaps the only one that is still working?
That's usually the one I get. Once last year I got one on the far right. But that hasn't happened since.

Two years ago I rode in one using duct tape on many of the seats, and even holding some of the cabinet doors closed. Hearing the sound of things flapping open and closed on that ride while seeing things literally duct taped is very concerning. I think they closed that RV for good now as I haven't seen it in a long time.

That's how Star Tours was when I rode it in 2015 at DLP. I can't believe that's the remedy these parks use. :lol:

I could be wrong but it might have been speed tape they were using. In appearance it's the same as duct tape but its has an incredible adhesive which means it's used on airplane exteriors/racing cars etc so it's pretty strong stuff.

I could be wrong but it might have been speed tape they were using. In appearance it's the same as duct tape but its has an incredible adhesive which means it's used on airplane exteriors/racing cars etc so it's pretty strong stuff.
I don't doubt its sturdiness. It just didn't make things feel like we're at a word-class theme park when there's tape on the seats.

And the flapping noise has been annoying me/scaring me on that ride since Mission Bermuda Triangle. Wonder why SeaWorld can't figure out how to fix something so seemingly simple that Disney's been doing for decades... have a simulator that doesn't fall apart.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I don't doubt its sturdiness. It just didn't make things feel like we're at a word-class theme park when there's tape on the seats.

And the flapping noise has been annoying me/scaring me on that ride since Mission Bermuda Triangle. Wonder why SeaWorld can't figure out how to fix something so seemingly simple that Disney's been doing for decades... have a simulator that doesn't fall apart.

Oh I totally agree with you that it's a crappy solution for anything other than a local park and there is no excuse for the interior seating. I just found it incredible that airplanes are kept together with the stuff :)

Oh I totally agree with you that it's a crappy solution for anything other than a local park and there is no excuse for the interior seating. I just found it incredible that airplanes are kept together with the stuff :)
The less I know about airplane tape the better I'll feel.

Reactions: Jonea32
Unrelated, word is new orca show will basically be a pilot whale show with orca cameos. Why? So trainers can get back in the water.
Is this from trainers in the park or other sources at the park? I have yet to hear this one. Interesting. Amazing how SeaWorld built their business on these animals and pretty much now they wish they were gone now. Sad to me.

Reactions: tankart150
Who says they wish they were gone? Orlando is supposed to get the same show as San Diego. If anything they may add a pilot whale show to the schedule (in addition to) to get more use out the the stadium. Most likely however it would be a preshow with the pilot whales as was done at Blue Horizons. While the orcas are stil alive they will still be the star attraction at Shamu Stadium.

SeaWorld attendance, revenue take dive in first quarter - Orlando Sentinel
Here's a summary of the article on the Q1 earnings call:
  • attendance drop due to Brazil (still) and UK (Brexit) as well as overall drop in international due to the current administration
  • loss is less than Q1 last year
  • stock closed up about 3% tuesday
  • 6% increase in AP sales so far this year
  • VR ride will open in BGW next year
  • hotel plans are being pursued; not top priority; won't pull trigger till "core business is turned and moving forward"
  • Zhonghong Group finalized 21% acquisition this week
  • its involvement includes Chinese SW parks, water parks, interactive centers, and family entertainment centers (Legoland Discovery Centers???); five to seven years before opens (not construction start)

Reactions: JoeCamel
  • attendance drop due to Brazil (still) and UK (Brexit) as well as overall drop in international due to the current administration
  • hotel plans are being pursued; not top priority; won't pull trigger till "core business is turned and moving forward"
  • its involvement includes Chinese SW parks, water parks, interactive centers, and family entertainment centers (Legoland Discovery Centers???); five to seven years before opens (not construction start)
Merlin, who does the Legoland Discovery Centers, has a chain of SeaLife aquariums. I would be shocked if the Seaworld FECs didn't end up being a mix of SeaLife with a Legoland Discovery Center style rides thrown in.

Reactions: shiekra38 and WAJAS
Merlin, who does the Legoland Discovery Centers, has a chain of SeaLife aquariums. I would be shocked if the Seaworld FECs didn't end up being a mix of SeaLife with a Legoland Discovery Center style rides thrown in.
That actually sounds like a really cool idea. Seem like that could work in smaller and saturated markets like Canada and West Europe respectively.

For those interested in what the Legoland Discovery Centers entail, check out this blog post: A GEEK DADDY: LEGOLAND Discovery Center Michigan

It's the most thorough review I could find. They pack a lot into a relatively small space.

The shark touch pool is behind walls at Wild Arctic now. Below are photos of what the area looks like now

Attachments

• Arctic1u.png
    Arctic1u.png
    419.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Arctic2U.gif
    Arctic2U.gif
    97.5 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: MakoMania
Sesame Street is coming to SWO by fall 2022 after their partnership was extended through 2031. It is expected that it will go in place of Shamu's Happy Harbor as SeaWorld attempts to re-brand themselves away from 'Shamu'.

They also will build a second Sesame Place theme park by 2021. This is a really smart move because it provides a source of income for SeaWorld that is not directly connected to animals and directly connected to a trusted brand. SeaWorld has the option for more Sesame Place parks internationally if they decide to pursue the brand more.

Source: SeaWorld and Sesame Street plan new "land"in Orlando, new theme park by 2021 - Orlando Sentinel

@Nick C. should this be its own thread considering its not a part of the 5-year plan and involves the company in general?