Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dare you slander and critique Volcano Bay! Some on here would have you imprisoned for that comment mister. (but I totally agree)

Hah- the funny thing is I've been nothing but complimentary so far. I absolutely can't wait to go. When universal made the decision to remove and enlarge Honu's bowl- I thought they were being overly cautious because it was just a little too close for comfort. But in looking at @tidecat video below- that raft was basically half over with a standard 4 person (none of which were overweight) load. It would have gone over the edge.
I have massive respect for the workers and engineers on this project doing things I could never do. And sometimes people lose sight of human beings who are trying their best to create a fantastic product for us, the consumer. I'm extremely appreciative. But how could pro slide- the best in the business- creating a ride for one of, if not the best water park in the world- be that off the mark on their calculations?
It's inexcusable and universal should be pissed and demand replacement of that piece because it's an absolute eyesore for anyone riding that ride. Anyone who doesn't think that's an eyesore needs their vision checked or needs to actually watch the video.

OrlanDave has found actual people testing Honu:

I have massive respect for the workers and engineers on this project doing things I could never do. And sometimes people lose sight of human beings who are trying their best to create a fantastic product for us, the consumer. I'm extremely appreciative. But how could pro slide- the best in the business- creating a ride for one of, if not the best water park in the world- be that off the mark on their calculations?

Especially as all their YouTube videos boast about their predictable curve technology so the rafts always go where they want them to. I guess these things go wrong in most construction projects, just this one is quite high visibility.

I don't think they are but the volcano "eruption" needs work, a lot of work. That's a World of Color squirt.

I can't imagine the sick projection mapping Disney would've done with the lava flowing down the sides.

Great points Mike. I'm sure that 6 second first ever tested Eruption is the final product and all that will be offered and there will be zero modifications. :saywhat:

Great points Mike. I'm sure that 6 second first ever tested Eruption is the final product and all that will be offered and there will be zero modifications. :saywhat:

I see where you're going. Just saying what I'm currently seeing. First ever test that we've seen, who knows if they have been testing at 3am the other nights.

Especially as all their YouTube videos boast about their predictable curve technology so the rafts always go where they want them to. I guess these things go wrong in most construction projects, just this one is quite high visibility.

As mentioned it's a new series of features, their modeling might need tweaking due to it.

I'm quite sure this is not final product, I expected it to shoot a lot higher and be continuous, who knows. In the video it could be the actual jets but I do clearly hear something when it erupts.. but with that effect plus lava effects and what not, trust universal is about to eat this nightime show alive!

Our local park has an array of these bad boys strapped to the ceiling of a coaster station: https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/pro/global/discontinued_products/loudspeakers/Panaray_Acoustic_Wave®_Cannon™_Loudspeaker/td_panaray_awcs.pdf

The bass is amazing from them. Deeper and more guttural than anything I've felt before outside a loud concert.

I read a story about those being installed in a multi-purpose arena, when they transformed the arena to host ice hockey, the bass from these things cracked the ice!

Eruption looks good, but not good enough to warrant advertising it as a show. There's more to this package than what was filmed outside of that 6-second clip. Be patient, all will be revealed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.