Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed projectors installed anywhere? People are mentioning projection mapping, but that takes time to program and get right... and I have yet to see a single projector.

I wasn't comparing, I was giving an example of what was being described. There's a distinct difference.

Providing an example means you examined Disneys method. Which is a comparison. Had to look it up to make sure I wasn't going crazy. You called me out and you nearly did the same thing right after.

IMG_4692_zpsndmlfvmv.jpeg

By lighting up the waterfall at night with red lighting I think it'll be a good way to simulate lava flows. Also, animated gobo lighting works wonders at creating lava flow effects. Just ask the middle scene of ET when you get to his dying planet. I think low-tech old school lighting and practical water effects with bright red LEDs can pull this off better than advanced mapping - most importantly because you won't have to turn all the lights off in the park to see it!

"The park is designed to go into the evening and that waterfall will do a show changing from waterfall to firefall to lava flow every night," says Dale Mason, vice president and executive art director of Universal Creative, the team at Universal Orlando in charge of creating all the attractions.

That 6 second is not even close to full nighttime show.

It's just a test?

Providing an example means you examined Disneys method. Which is a comparison. Had to look it up to make sure I wasn't going crazy. You called me out and you nearly did the same thing right after.

IMG_4692_zpsndmlfvmv.jpeg

Okay, gentlemen. Let's try to leave the "Disney could've done better" arguments out of this for now. We all know where they lead, and taking to semantics isn't great discourse either. Let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.