MSHI Expansion? | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They'd be better off bulldozing Doom and replacing it with a ToT-esque Avengers E-ticket. If they remove the Carnage warehouse, too, they could fit a high-capacity Doom replacement with a lower height requirement and keep Storm Force. No need to reduce overall attraction count.

I don't see the value in destroying a kid-friendly flat ride when it takes up minimal space and could possibly be relocated closer to the TL theater/carnival games area if an Avengers mini-land is desired (E-ticket dark ride with a B/C-ticket alongside it). Other than Seuss Landing, there aren't any all-ages rides at IOA besides HE, so Storm should stick around and get enhanced IMO

I could see Doom VR, more as a short-term solution that won't be there for as long as most would think; but it would probably benefit Doom more than any other attraction on-property.

It does need a wrecking ball, but this may be beneficial for them.

Reactions: Mike S
Martin mentioned over on Magic that Universal has "grand plans" for Marvel Super Hero Island (as well as Jurassic Park). He said one island they're just taking sweet time with, and the other they understandably have a more long-term plan for. I'm guessing Marvel is the one they're taking their sweet time with.

Martin mentioned over on Magic that Universal has "grand plans" for Marvel Super Hero Island (as well as Jurassic Park). He said one island they're just taking sweet time with, and the other they understandably have a more long-term plan for. I'm guessing Marvel is the one they're taking their sweet time with.

Jurassic Park makes sense with the long term plans, especially if they are going to have two Jurassic Themed lands on property of North and South. Marvel? That..wouldn't surprise me with a particular patent from a while back.

Has anyone seen the Iron man looking Patent app from Uni ? 4 across Iron Man looking suits it looks like you enter from back with built in VR headsets.I lost the link

To be a bit more clear, the Iron Man like patent from Universal was officially awarded the patent for the new flying simulator system.

InPark Magazine – Universal Awarded Patent for New Flying Simulator Design

To add on,

The flying simulator ride includes a track and a bogie coupled to the track. The flying simulator ride also includes a rotator ring and a plurality of cables suspending the rotator ring from the bogie such that the rotator ring is capable of rotating with respect to the track and such that the rotator ring is capable of motion in six degrees of freedom. The flying simulator ride also includes a passenger support system suspended from the rotator ring. The passenger support system includes a first passenger support unit; and a second passenger support unit, wherein at least one of the first passenger support unit or the second passenger support unit are configured to move relative to one another to assume a stacked configuration and a loading configuration, wherein a distance between the rotator ring and the first passenger support unit is decreased in the stacked configuration relative to the loading configuration.

In accordance with another embodiment, a flying simulator ride assembly is provided. The flying simulator ride assembly includes a bogie configured to move along a track; a motion base; and a plurality of cables suspending the motion base from cable control assemblies coupled to the bogie to permit the motion base to move with six degrees of freedom. The flying simulator ride assembly also includes an extending portion fixedly coupled to the motion base and extending away from the bogie; and a passenger support system coupled to the extending portion. The passenger support system includes a first passenger row; a second passenger row; and a support coupled to the extending portion and the first passenger row and the second passenger row, wherein the support is capable of rotating with respect to the extending portion to change a position of one or more of the first passenger row or the second passenger row relative to the motion base.

Umm.... I hope Universals "big" plan for MSHI is coming real soon.

With that Iron Man patent awarded, I am imagining that they may have something in the cards for a future project.

I don't see it till after Nintendo, mind you; but I do think we will see something out of that patent by 2021..which, in a strange sense; would be hilarious.

With that Iron Man patent awarded, I am imagining that they may have something in the cards for a future project.

I don't see it till after Nintendo, mind you; but I do think we will see something out of that patent by 2021..which, in a strange sense; would be hilarious.

I could see it sooner than later. Nintendo is a land where as this would just be an extension.

What's the rumours for the 2019 project?

Reactions: tankart150