Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar Photos, Videos, & Reviews

It would've been: ANOTHER ONE?? :eyeroll: SCREENZ..
It's actually interesting you say that, because I think if this land opened at UNI instead, you would hear much higher praise for the River Journey and Flight would not be as well received. Guests like variety, and I think a low-key boat ride at either UNI park would be seen as a godsend.

Recorded this feature I was watching on CNN earlier.

Has interviews with Cameron, Rhode and Iger followed up with some interesting analysis.

Not the best recording but an interesting watch non the less.

Last edited:
It would've been: ANOTHER ONE?? :eyeroll: SCREENZ..

While I certainly respect your review of the ride, I disagree. And the glowing reviews here prove it to me. Many folks here were going to be the largest critics of the ride. But this is a top 5 ride in Orlando for the majority that have rode it. At those heights, it doesn't matter where it is. The key to me is that people talk about how fun and awesome it is, and not about how innovative and different it is. That's not perspective, that's pure joy.

While I certainly respect your review of the ride, I disagree. And the glowing reviews here prove it to me. Many folks here were going to be the largest critics of the ride. But this is a top 5 ride in Orlando for the majority that have rode it. At those heights, it doesn't matter where it is. The key to me is that people talk about how fun and awesome it is, and not about how innovative and different it is. That's not perspective, that's pure joy.
Agreed. The best rides don't feel like more of the same because they stand above their peers. I think Flight of Passage has earned its place among the likes of FJ, Tower, etc.

First time being here at night... it's packed but as others have said, the land really comes alive at night. It doesn't bother me that it's not perfectly true to life bioluminescence or that they use black lights, visually I just think it adds the energy to the land that it lacks during daylight.

Also, I'm willing to bet that these translators end up at the outlets sooner than later. Nobody seems to be interested.
IMG_0948.JPG

First time being here at night... it's packed but as others have said, the land really comes alive at night. It doesn't bother me that it's not perfectly true to life bioluminescence or that they use black lights, visually I just think it adds the energy to the land that it lacks during daylight.

Also, I'm willing to bet that these translators end up at the outlets sooner than later. Nobody seems to be interested.
View attachment 4569
If the EBay profiteers haven't scooped them up yet, that means there's no hope they'll ever sell. Those people are vultures, but they do have a keen eye for what will sell & what won't. :)

something about the packaging makes those translators look extremely cheap. As in, it looks like it will break within a couple days of use.

Just experienced Pandora...

The Flight of Passage is a good ride. Definitely a Soarin' 2.0. I wanted to love this ride but I just didn't. To me it felt like a modern Universal screen attraction. I wish either the screen was curved more or the vehicles were angled in such a way that you couldn't really notice the riders next to you. It took kind of took me out of the experience. The 3-D on the ride was good, and the moving of the Banshee while you ride is cool, but this thing just doesn't compare to Forbidden Journey.(which some friends of mine compared it to.) I give the ride a B+.

River Journey was pretty, but way too short. What happened to this ride supposedly using the same tech as the Shanghai Pirates ride? It's just a standard boat ride. The visuals in the ride were cute...and it was decent, but I hated the Shaman's song and I was hoping for more animatronics. This one gets a C.

The shop and restaurant were nothing special. Being what they are I'll give them a C.

The land is beautiful. I give the landscaping an A. Overall, Pandora is a solid B attraction and a welcome addition to Animal Kingdom.

This does not make DAK a full day park though. Even waiting in super long lines for those rides and using fastpasses for a couple others, I've done almost everything in this park(minus Finding Nemo and Rivers of Light) and I will be leaving here in an hour or two. They need to add more to this park again soon.

Just experienced Pandora...

The Flight of Passage is a good ride. Definitely a Soarin' 2.0. I wanted to love this ride but I just didn't. To me it felt like a modern Universal screen attraction. I wish either the screen was curved more or the vehicles were angled in such a way that you couldn't really notice the riders next to you. It took kind of took me out of the experience. The 3-D on the ride was good, and the moving of the Banshee while you ride is cool, but this thing just doesn't compare to Forbidden Journey.(which some friends of mine compared it to.) I give the ride a B+.

River Journey was pretty, but way too short. What happened to this ride supposedly using the same tech as the Shanghai Pirates ride? It's just a standard boat ride. The visuals in the ride were cute...and it was decent, but I hated the Shaman's song and I was hoping for more animatronics. This one gets a C.

The shop and restaurant were nothing special. Being what they are I'll give them a C.

The land is beautiful. I give the landscaping an A. Overall, Pandora is a solid B attraction and a welcome addition to Animal Kingdom.

This does not make DAK a full day park though. Even waiting in super long lines for those rides and using fastpasses for a couple others, I've done almost everything in this park(minus Finding Nemo and Rivers of Light) and I will be leaving here in an hour or two. They need to add more to this park again soon.
I like your honest review. What time did you arrive to the park today and how long were your waits (did you have a FP for one of the rides already?)

I like your honest review. What time did you arrive to the park today and how long were your waits (did you have a FP for one of the rides already?)
Got to the park at 7am. Got into Pandora right around 8. Waited a half hour for Flight and 1 1/2 hours for River Journey. No fastpasses for those rides. I had fastpasses for Dinosaur and Everest.

Got to the park at 7am. Got into Pandora right around 8. Waited a half hour for Flight and 1 1/2 hours for River Journey. No fastpasses for those rides. I had fastpasses for Dinosaur and Everest.
Great news. Thanks. Sounds like some normalcy is setting in after the madness. I got there at 7am and waited 2 hours for FoP after they let us in at 8 just a couple days ago.

I feel since the last day I was there (opening day) the streets at night have become brighter. Has anyone else noticed this? Really takes away from the bioluminescence.

And I have to say, Pandora is beautiful but kinda sucks at night. The area is super crowded. ECV's and strollers take away from the magic and intimacy that's supposed to be present in nighttime Pandora.

I feel since the last day I was there (opening day) the streets at night have become brighter. Has anyone else noticed this? Really takes away from the bioluminescence.

And I have to say, Pandora is beautiful but kinda sucks at night. The area is super crowded. ECV's and strollers take away from the magic and intimacy that's supposed to be present in nighttime Pandora.

I think it'll get a lot better when they stop the evening EMH. The natural flow off the park will let it be a lot slower.

So after going back after opening and getting a few more rides on Fop and seeing it at night I have a more solid feeling on this land.
On the land it is simply beautiful but the night stuff was underwhelming. They really need to up the brightness if possible. I honestly prefer it in the daytime because you can take in the beautiful landscaping and lovely vistas. It is up there with Diagonal but I give Diagonal the edge as it feels more complete and dense. Pandora does bump AK to now being my favorite Disney park though.
Flight of passage is my favorite ride in Orlando though. It is pure fun and you really feel like you are flying. I think this is the ultimate simulator and really don't know how you can beat it. As a side note, ask for seats 8 or 9 as those are the middle one and give the best perspective. My top 5 in Orlando is now 1.FoP, 2. Spiderman, 3. Gringotts, 4. Tower of Terror, 5. Forbidden Journey. I have been really thinking if I am just feeling that way because of the newness but each time I come off amazed and satisfied. This ride is simply Disney doing what Universal does best and blowing them out of the water.

So after going back after opening and getting a few more rides on Fop and seeing it at night I have a more solid feeling on this land.
On the land it is simply beautiful but the night stuff was underwhelming. They really need to up the brightness if possible. I honestly prefer it in the daytime because you can take in the beautiful landscaping and lovely vistas. It is up there with Diagonal but I give Diagonal the edge as it feels more complete and dense. Pandora does bump AK to now being my favorite Disney park though.
Flight of passage is my favorite ride in Orlando though. It is pure fun and you really feel like you are flying. I think this is the ultimate simulator and really don't know how you can beat it. As a side note, ask for seats 8 or 9 as those are the middle one and give the best perspective. My top 5 in Orlando is now 1.FoP, 2. Spiderman, 3. Gringotts, 4. Tower of Terror, 5. Forbidden Journey. I have been really thinking if I am just feeling that way because of the newness but each time I come off amazed and satisfied. This ride is simply Disney doing what Universal does best and blowing them out of the water.
I agree about seat 8. But after riding on the bottom floor for the first time I know that I much prefer the top floor now. Looking up from the bottom I noticed the divider wall thing above me more. It's there on the top floor too, but I never need to look up when on the top. If anything I'm looking down more to see the action, and the link chair blocks my view, which is more natural than a big sheet of metal blocking my view above me. If that makes sense.