Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pixar Pier (2018)

im with everyone else, didn't they JUST finish paradise pier only a few years ago or so? 5 at most? Is this how they will slowly divide the park, move Pixar to the pier soley and Marvel on the Hollywood side, eventually of course.

I wouldn't mind some Pixar additions (flat rides in the Maliboomer's old spot and helix of Screamin'), but retheming the whole land is ridiculous. California Screamin' wouldn't fit in a Pixar-themed land at all since it has a 48" height requirement and would look intimidating to a lot of Pixar's target demo. Ariel works fine and shouldn't be on the DCA replacement agenda (Hollywoodland and Bug's Land should be the main focus). The current flat rides are well-done and actually fit the 20s/30s vibe of Paradise Pier.

There are so many better ideas for the area IMO (replacing Goofy with a fully-enclosed wild mouse themed to Plane Crazy, a Lonesome Ghosts fun-house-style interactive dark ride, a vaudeville-style show, a Tunnel of Love-style dark ride themed to Disney's romantic scenes, etc.)

Totally unnecessary. If California Screamin' goes away my daughter will be crushed. Also, is that really a shop dedicated to eating the tears of someone's imaginary friend?

Having just been to the park, I feel the need to reiterate that this is a trash move.

Paint The Night cannot even make up for such an unnecessarily stupid change.

I'm starting to think that this is just to keep John Lasseter happy.

The area is the icon of the park.

Ok, so I love Pixar and I wish we would get more Pixar attractions at Hollywood Studios, but I'm not liking this as all. Really hoping Mickey's face stays on the ferris wheel, but considering "Pixar's Fun Wheel", I don't see that as being a possibility.