Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MAXPass

Oh goodness, people are going to actually have to have their phone out and app open to scan at the readers? That sounds like an ops nightmare,

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but does anybody know if Space Mountain is open? I've checked the dates when I'll be there and it says SM will be down for refurbishment on the website but the app doesn't say so and I can't find anything else where.

The dates I'm looking for are 3rd - 9th September.

While I'm asking questions, does anybody have a recommended place for buying tickets?

If I'm correct, that's about the time it goes down for the Ghost Galaxy refurb every year.

As far as tickets go, the site Mouse Savers always has links to the best available deals!

If I'm correct, that's about the time it goes down for the Ghost Galaxy refurb every year.

As far as tickets go, the site Mouse Savers always has links to the best available deals!

That's the way I'm reading it as well but to switch it back to normal only takes a few days and I was there the same time 2 years ago and it was open. I'll be heading to Six Flags so I'll get my coaster fix one way or another.

Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule & Ride Closures

The Disney website only goes as far as September 7th, so there is still hope. I'm also surprised it would be closed during Labor Day.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the difference between MaxPass and what I know as FP+ in WDW is the PhotoPass downloads and the MaxPass are unlimited? Or are you still limited to 3 in advance plus whatever's left when you complete those?

...While I'm asking questions, does anybody have a recommended place for buying tickets?

Universal we used 'Orlando Attractions' (send card size actual ticket). The OA Trustpilot score was much higher than Attraction Tickets Direct, if I remember.

WDW we buy direct from Disney website ie Disney world.disney.go (Approx £5-£10 more than re-sellers like Orlando Attractions). FYI currently is 14days for 7 (though realise only ~£20 saving) rather than the implied 50% off.

One re-sellers website says pay a deposit and if (their) price reduces, they match the lower price (don't kno T&Cs).

Disney dropped 14days (2017) to £299 earlier this year, thank goodness (is back up again)

Universal we used 'Orlando Attractions' (send card size actual ticket). The OA Trustpilot score was much higher than Attraction Tickets Direct, if I remember.

WDW we buy direct from Disney website ie Disney world.disney.go (Approx £5-£10 more than re-sellers like Orlando Attractions). FYI currently is 14days for 7 (though realise only ~£20 saving) rather than the implied 50% off.

One re-sellers website says pay a deposit and if (their) price reduces, they match the lower price (don't kno T&Cs).

Disney dropped 14days (2017) to £299 earlier this year, thank goodness (is back up again)

This is for Anaheim. I usually use OAT as I love the work the team is doing and were responsible for me getting that photo I've been trying to get for years. They unfortunately don't do Dinseyland tickets though.

This is for Anaheim. I usually use OAT as I love the work the team is doing and were responsible for me getting that photo I've been trying to get for years. They unfortunately don't do Dinseyland tickets though.
Just buy at the gate, most sites send a voucher, and none are cheaper, you might just get the odd freebie to a terrible attraction elsewhere in LA.

When we went a kind CM suggested we used the booths the opposite side of the Plaza to the Tram stops. Didn't queue at all!

Very interesting that MaxPass allows less of a buffer time for getting another FastPass.

If you work it right, saving 30 minutes for each FP could really get you a lot of extra FP for the day. Add in that you get Photopass included with this (if you care about that), then this could be a decent $10 to spend, especially if you are doing a quick visit.

If you're doing a longer stay I would think this be totally unnecessary.

If you work it right, saving 30 minutes for each FP could really get you a lot of extra FP for the day. Add in that you get Photopass included with this (if you care about that), then this could be a decent $10 to spend, especially if you are doing a quick visit.

If you're doing a longer stay I would think this be totally unnecessary.

I think the photopass is the best feature but I'm starting to think that's just me. Given my profession, getting my hands on good quality digital copies of photos is a great bonus plus as a kid, my parents flat out refused to ever buy on ride photos, so I think now that I'm older and going to the parks without them, I'm seeing it as a good treat.

@Jon84 ive had a look online and I've noticed that buying the tickets here, you'll get an early morning pass which you can't get buying at the gate. Might as well put that jet lag to good use.

Review time. MAXPass was awesome! My wife and I had planned on buying the PhotoPass so this worked out as a cheaper option for us and the FP system was just a bonus but after using it, I think this FP system is just as important as the PhotoPass. We were there for opening every day we went as we had some major jet lag helping us and we were only a 10min walk from the gate so we had a good advantage. It cost us $60 for people and 3 days instead of the PhotoPass for a week for $78

The second we were in the park, we could use the system and we could get a pass for any ride in any park for about 10mins into the future for the first hour. Being able to book a FP for any where in both parks without having to walk to the FP station saved a considerable amount of time and made for a more relaxing day. As the day went on, the FP times began to slide for the more popular ride as you'd expect but I didn't realise we could book several FP at once. I think we had 3 passes on the go at once.

The only thing I missed was, Magic Bands. It would have made things a little easier as I had my phone in my bag but luckily I could create a party and have both tickets on the one phone but this is me comparing a super convenient system to a convenient system.

This is the dream system. It's the best of FP+ and the old system. You have the ease of using the Disney app but you have the more laid back approach of not having to book weeks in advance. I'm also thinking that since the system is $10 and not everybody was using it nor knew about it, it freed up a lot more possibilities than if it was used by everybody.

Overall, I thought the system made a huge advantage to this trip over our last trip and I thought the price was a bargain given what we got out it but this was only for 2 of us and if I was an AP holder or was there with a family of 5, I'm not sure if I was buy the passes for every trip. I still think that DL is for the fans and WDW is for tourists and if they keep this system in place so that the tourists visiting DL can get more done on their short time there, I'll happily keeping paying the $10 a day. Hell, I'd probably pay $20 but I don't really want to give Disney any more ideas to make money.

Review time. MAXPass was awesome! My wife and I had planned on buying the PhotoPass so this worked out as a cheaper option for us and the FP system was just a bonus but after using it, I think this FP system is just as important as the PhotoPass. We were there for opening every day we went as we had some major jet lag helping us and we were only a 10min walk from the gate so we had a good advantage. It cost us $60 for people and 3 days instead of the PhotoPass for a week for $78

The second we were in the park, we could use the system and we could get a pass for any ride in any park for about 10mins into the future for the first hour. Being able to book a FP for any where in both parks without having to walk to the FP station saved a considerable amount of time and made for a more relaxing day. As the day went on, the FP times began to slide for the more popular ride as you'd expect but I didn't realise we could book several FP at once. I think we had 3 passes on the go at once.

The only thing I missed was, Magic Bands. It would have made things a little easier as I had my phone in my bag but luckily I could create a party and have both tickets on the one phone but this is me comparing a super convenient system to a convenient system.

This is the dream system. It's the best of FP+ and the old system. You have the ease of using the Disney app but you have the more laid back approach of not having to book weeks in advance. I'm also thinking that since the system is $10 and not everybody was using it nor knew about it, it freed up a lot more possibilities than if it was used by everybody.

Overall, I thought the system made a huge advantage to this trip over our last trip and I thought the price was a bargain given what we got out it but this was only for 2 of us and if I was an AP holder or was there with a family of 5, I'm not sure if I was buy the passes for every trip. I still think that DL is for the fans and WDW is for tourists and if they keep this system in place so that the tourists visiting DL can get more done on their short time there, I'll happily keeping paying the $10 a day. Hell, I'd probably pay $20 but I don't really want to give Disney any more ideas to make money.
Mice Chat was saying the price would be increasing fairly soon. There was way more demand than Disney expected, according to Mice Chat. .

Mice Chat has a lot of negative Max Pass comments in an article today, with accompanying photos of how the overflow max pass queues are clogging up Disneylands' walkways when the park gets even moderately busy. Complete gridlock in some areas. Here's a partial quote from Mice Chat's Dusty Sage; "Max Pass is proving to make Disneyland a miserable mess. Many guests struggle to figure out how it works, which just makes lines longer for everyone. In fact, queues for Max Pass attractions have gotten so out of control that both Fast Pass return & standby have longer lines than ever. and require so much extra space that they are now constricting the park walkways, creating pinch points which can completely block walkways at times......Disneyland is too small and compact to handle these absurd conditions."

Mice Chat has a lot of negative Max Pass comments in an article today, with accompanying photos of how the overflow max pass queues are clogging up Disneylands' walkways when the park gets even moderately busy. Complete gridlock in some areas.
Yep, with the low price and all the APers in on the Columbus holiday, DL was quite the cluster. Other issues around Wifi coverage and scanning into the queue also caused problems. This poor man/lesser version of FP+ does not appear to work well in the high volume AP model of DL. I can't imagine how SW:GE is not going to make things exponentially worse.

*eye roll at miceage*

No.. Disneyland isn't too small - Disneyland ops is so stuck in doing things the same way they couldn't be bothered to reroute or reallocate some queue space.

That people are suddenly taking up more physical space with a ride reservation system is a fallacy.