Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate the sign/marquee, but they can't possibly leave the brickwork where the old signage was like that, right?
They had to get a sign up at the attraction since they took the original down. One would logically expect a good pressure washing soon though.

Interesting aerial of the former SoA area from bio that concerns Muppets:

Basically the "road" is in the process of being paved, but Muppet Courtyard is getting a slight expansion as well. It's been rumored for awhile that a low brick wall of sorts will separate this road from Muppets with a welcoming entry area. As you can see in the full size photo below, forms for that wall have started and push out much farther than I think is even logical considering the high guest traffic that will be going in and out of SW:GE...

DFbqF8XWsAAZhWg.jpg

Bloop:

As part of the multi-year reimagining of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the area adjacent to Muppet Courtyard will reopen this fall as Grand Avenue. Inspired by present-day Downtown Los Angeles (DTLA), Grand Avenue captures the spirit of DTLA with facades of trendy shops, lofts, restaurants and other businesses utilizing former office buildings and warehouses that have been converted over the last couple of decades.

Grand Avenue serves as a place of community, recreation and relaxation. Recently, as part of this transformation, the theater that houses Muppet*Vision 3D was named Grand Arts Theatre and given a new marquee inspired by a restored movie palace.

Opening this fall on Grand Avenue, BaseLine Tap House will be the newest food and beverage location at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This quaint brick building offers Guests a cheerful location to enjoy light snacks along with beer and wine from California.

FAQs
How does Muppet Courtyard fit into the theming of Grand Avenue?
Grand Avenue is a place of community, recreation and relaxation, and includes feature entertainment like Muppet*Vision 3D at the Grand Arts Theatre in Muppets Courtyard.

They broke Muppets:

Muppet*Vision 3D is currently unavailable due to maintenance. The attraction is anticipated to reopen by Wednesday, August 2nd. Guests with FastPass+ selections for Muppet*Vision 3D will be provided with other options through My Disney Experience.

They broke Muppets:

Muppet*Vision 3D is currently unavailable due to maintenance. The attraction is anticipated to reopen by Wednesday, August 2nd. Guests with FastPass+ selections for Muppet*Vision 3D will be provided with other options through My Disney Experience.
Maybe an upgrade to digital?

I wonder if they'll do any other maintenance while they have the attraction shut down. If I was Disney, I'd throw a couple extra people to do some very basic refurb work since the attraction is closed anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.