Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like this sign, but I agree it does seem that they are setting up Muppet Courtyard so that it could literally be any theme and change it within a short period of time.

The changeover to PizzeRizzo made that restaurant very generic and now with this new marquee, the letters are replaceable, while the "Grand Arts Theater" is simply presenting the show. We'll see how things go... Like I said last night, Muppets is definitely here for the short-term, but it's also prime real estate for a potential SWL expansion down the road.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Generic restaurant remodels are pretty par for the course with WDW of late; additionally, you saw how easy this change of sign was- it's not like having a marque makes it that much easier. They would still need to repaint the entire building practically- if they changed it out for another IP, they would still likely get a new sign- and if it's expansion for SWL- then it's all a pile of rubbish anyway.

You know, the thing that looks the worst is the banners hiding the small windows- once those banners drop- it'll look better

If they wanted to turn this into their new preview location though, it would be incredible easy unfortunately. Change out letters, swap out the Muppet banners for whatever the movie is and maybe change a few posters. It's like MV3D was never there.

That's 100% what I was thinking. Nevermind the out-of-whack placement, once One Man's Dream is on the outs, becoming the new preview hub seems inevitable. It would be so incredibly sad for both versions of MuppetVision 3D to undergo the same exact fate but I guess here we are!

That's 100% what I was thinking. Nevermind the out-of-whack placement, once One Man's Dream is on the outs, becoming the new preview hub seems inevitable. It would be so incredibly sad for both versions of MuppetVision 3D to undergo the same exact fate but I guess here we are!
I don't think we'll get to that point for 4-5 years still, but I don't think MV3D is in their long-term plans for the park either.

Of course if they came up with a decent Muppet dark ride to put in that building, I could live with it.

Normally I would agree to update it, but it's the last project Jim Henson worked on and I don't trust current Disney to do a new Muppet show right (unless Jason Segal is involved).
Same thoughts I had about The Force Awakens, and the rest of the world received it with open arms. They try the redo Muppet Show and didn't worked but I rather have the "Ed Helms and The Hang Out at the Bar episode" than the 26yo movie with prehistoric 3D. Nothing funny like seeing Yolanda hung over.

Same thoughts I had about The Force Awakens, and the rest of the world received it with open arms. They try the redo Muppet Show and didn't worked but I rather have the "Ed Helms and The Hang Out at the Bar episode" than the 26yo movie with prehistoric 3D. Nothing funny like seeing Yolanda hung over.
The only other 3D theater attraction i'd even put in MV3D's league is Philharmagic.

The only other 3D theater attraction i'd even put in MV3D's league is Philharmagic.
Haven't done that in 10years but I would not be surprised... Another Attraction (like Mission: Space) that all it needs it's a new movie every 8yrs to refresh the whole attraction. At least they figured it out with Star Tours and Soarin' unfortunately now Star Tour won't survive SWL. which it makes no sense to me, after the finally figured out that perhaps by adding a new planet every 2 years might keep the attention of riders for years to come.

Why wouldn't the Monster Sound Studio/Sounds Dangerous/Path of the Jedi theater be used for movie previews? As I understand it, there are no long term plans for that building, right? Especially once Star Wars Land opens, they're certainly not going to be showing that crappy clip show anymore.

I don't think we'll get to that point for 4-5 years still, but I don't think MV3D is in their long-term plans for the park either.

Four years sounds about right til One Man's Dream comes to a shutter, when SWL, TSL and Mickey are all complete and the plans come around to redo Animation Courtyard into whatever they finally decide on.

It's the best 3D show in Orlando IMHO. The content is stellar.

Edit: WDWM has photos of the sign up. Not sure how I feel, the temp banners remain and the sign is VERY small. I hope this doesn't turn into a DCA situation.

I was talking to my parents about this earlier tonight and my dad agrees that it's still the best 3D show in the area and my mum thinks it needs a major refurb because and I quote here: 'The theatre is falling apart and full of holes' :lol:

Even after 26 years, the content is timeless minus the 90s people peering in at the finale. A simple upgrade of the projectors and an easy CGI update to the crowds and this will have decades of life left.

I agree about the show being timeless. Nothing dates it at all really, except for the aforementioned 90s tourists at the end and I don't know how noticeable that really is. There's so many great lines in it.

I was talking to my parents about this earlier tonight and my dad agrees that it's still the best 3D show in the area and my mum thinks it needs a major refurb because and I quote here: 'The theatre is falling apart and full of holes' :lol:

Even after 26 years, the content is timeless minus the 90s people peering in at the finale. A simple upgrade of the projectors and an easy CGI update to the crowds and this will have decades of life left.
A huge number of tourists still dress like it's the 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's, heck even the 50's with the high black socks and bermuda shorts. :):lol:

This building needs to be power washed... odd they didn't do that before installing the sign. The sign is out of scale for the size of the building, but i'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that there's still more to come to fill in that top area. At least for a little while.

If they wanted to turn this into their new preview location though, it would be incredible easy unfortunately. Change out letters, swap out the Muppet banners for whatever the movie is and maybe change a few posters. It's like MV3D was never there.
Do you think the letters are really removable or is the sign just made to look that way? Need someone to get a close up look at it

Why wouldn't the Monster Sound Studio/Sounds Dangerous/Path of the Jedi theater be used for movie previews? As I understand it, there are no long term plans for that building, right? Especially once Star Wars Land opens, they're certainly not going to be showing that crappy clip show anymore.

These are my thoughts, as well. This would seem to be the logical place for movie previews (if we must have such things as an "attraction" in the park) rather than Muppets Courtyard. I don't think there's any way Path of the Jedi hangs around long after Star Wars Land is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.