Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a minor 3D show is the perfect way to implement Muppets into the park... not too major, doesn't take too much maintenance, still gives a good tribute to characters that people love. If they get evicted for another generic preview center... :(
I also think the show in Liberty Square is a great way to implement the IP into the parks. I actually like it better than Muppet*Vision. The MV film is looking a bit dated. Actually, I was stunned that they put it in DCA when it opened in 2001. I thought at that time it was looking dated. And that was 16 years ago. They should at least remaster it starting with a new transfer of the original camera stock. The film, even the digital transfer, is so grainy.

It would be nice to see them update the graphics on Waldo and maybe reshoot the end with all the tourists peeking through the hole in the theater since that all dates it a good deal.

I just can't believe that they're suddenly and unceremoniously dumping the Muppets. Do we really need a frigging coming attractions theater? In this day and age when you can whip out your phone and dial up any trailer you want instantly, why do I need to go watch trailers while in the park? They can't do better than that? Muppet Vision is a great attraction. Just remaster it and leave it there. It's amazing that Disney just wants to replace every single attraction in the park all at once now.

Disney's careful approach to properties doesn't suit the Muppets well.
I'd actually disagree with that. Disney's approach seems to be to go for big hits to establish the property and then go bigger. Star Wars is a great example. Make a large splash with Episode 7 and then that establishes enough hype for spinoffs and episodes 8+9.

Disney keeps trying to have this big splash for the Muppets with a movie and a TV show. It's never going to happen. They need to do a lot of smaller things and gradually build up to a big splashy movie or show. The Muppets are a non-entity to a lot of people sadly.

I'd actually disagree with that. Disney's approach seems to be to go for big hits to establish the property and then go bigger. Star Wars is a great example. Make a large splash with Episode 7 and then that establishes enough hype for spinoffs and episodes 8+9.

Disney keeps trying to have this big splash for the Muppets with a movie and a TV show. It's never going to happen. They need to do a lot of smaller things and gradually build up to a big splashy movie or show. The Muppets are a non-entity to a lot of people sadly.
Hey, I keep hoping Disney will have the balls enough one day to invest in Tron 3 finally, but I don't see it happening.

The thing is about Disney these days, they have so many sure fire hits with Marvel, Star Wars, the fairy-tale live action remakes, etc that there's just no room on the schedule for these properties that may or may not hit it big anymore.

That one's easy to explain... original DCA was incredibly lazy. :lol:

To their credit, they did go to great lengths to hire their friends and family to provide materials and do consulting work on it.

You do know the entrance mosaic was the work of a pair of artisans who'd never done anything larger than a decorative fountain but who were close friends of a VP right?

But they did run a little shop that custom made mosaic tiles... usually ordered for something the size of a backyard walkway or over someone's shower... which suddenly cranked out the biggest order it ever had.

To their credit, they did go to great lengths to hire their friends and family to provide materials and do consulting work on it.

You do know the entrance mosaic was the work of a pair of artisans who'd never done anything larger than a decorative fountain but who were close friends of a VP right?

But they did run a little shop that custom made mosaic tiles... usually ordered for something the size of a backyard walkway or over someone's shower... which suddenly cranked out the biggest order it ever had.
I definitely give them credit for that; I'm talking more in the attractions apartment... it was a huge mess.

Does anyone actually sit through those extended trailers while at a theme park? I feel like it would only work at One Man's Dream because they kind of trick you into going in there... I don't even like watching trailers because I feel like they usually give too much of the movie away. Unless it's a teaser... Who is wasting park time watching movie trailers! This better not happen.

Does anyone actually sit through those extended trailers while at a theme park? I feel like it would only work at One Man's Dream because they kind of trick you into going in there... I don't even like watching trailers because I feel like they usually give too much of the movie away. Unless it's a teaser... Who is wasting park time watching movie trailers! This better not happen.
They are air conditioned rooms with seating with no line, so i think you know where I'm going here.

Status
Not open for further replies.