Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '17 - Titans of Terror Maze

What I am interested of, is that to me; the design for Leatherface looks more to the New Line design than the original. Perhaps it's just due to promo, but I have to wonder if they may revert to the remake designs for this year.

Strange it came to fruition for the maze as we heard different things. We knew it was headed for the Tram 100%, but not as the maze. Either way, sounds fun!

I agree, hopefully they use some more Freddy than last year because FvJ felt like it had more Jason

What I am interested of, is that to me; the design for Leatherface looks more to the New Line design than the original. Perhaps it's just due to promo, but I have to wonder if they may revert to the remake designs for this year.

If they use the Hewitt's I will die; I thought the remake was a lot scarier and more made for a house, but either way I know Leatherface is gonna scare me s***less

Definitely my 2nd Most Anticipated Maze this year. Looks and Sounds to be pretty fantastic. Hoping it is a very fun Maze!

So we finally get our answer to what's replacing the Conjuring in the WW queue, and for me it's a resounding "Ehhhhhhhhhhh".

There's multiple things which don't help this maze whatsoever,

1. The Terror Tram has pretty much the same theme (excluding Chucky, of course.) - With the TT having the same theme, this causes the same kind of overkill they've had in the past with having both TWD as a maze, and TWD being the theme for the TT. I've honestly never been a fan of that.

2. Unlike the TT, this maze was not planned from the beginning. - From the get go, the rumors pointed at the ToT being the theme for the TT. However for the WW queue, we all knew it was supposed to be the Conjuring. So with this maze being more rushed then the planned out ones, you know what we're getting? Rehashed/Reused set's and gags to help save time. Yes they will be getting a new facade, but I doubt it's gonna' be all new when you get in there.

I've always been fine when they get the titans on the TT since that's big enough to support them and it gives a great variety to the TT, but for the maze it's just gonna' come off same, same due to the numerous times they've used them in the past, including last year.

Aight. Now that I'm home after a long day, I can finally post my thoughts on the announcement:

First of all, I have to give Murdy props for keeping us in a tailspin about Conjuring's replacement. We were all convinced that it was going to be Leatherface, but thank God that was a decoy to keep us away from what it really was. Murdy won this time and I'm glad to be surprised for once.

With that said, I don't hate the idea for this maze, but I'm not ecstatic about it either. It will be cool to see an All-Nite Die-In maze come to our coast (Just without the Director. Grrrr). Tobias just mentioned this, but the real worry for me is, being that this is a replacement house a bit late in the game, that they will use this as an excuse to save time and $$$ on design and props and reuse gags, props, and sets. There's no doubt we'll see some familiar sets pieces and props, but I really hope Murdy and Chris see this more of an opportunity to do things that they haven't done with those properties yet. I would love to see the upside down room that Orlando's NoES house had a decade ago, but I'm not gonna give my hopes up on that. I'm pleasantly surprised that we're not getting a hand-me-down repeat, but a new spin on something familiar…although this could be a repeat in disguise with some old rooms rearranged for us to feel new. I would've preferred the Thing or an original Chucky maze, but hey, I'll take this.

After this, I really hope Murdy gives the Titans of Terror a break for a long, long, LONG time. It was great to see the original Freddy and Jason in a house for the first time last year since '09 was my first year, but I think they've exhausted every possibility with them at this point. They've had standalone houses on each one, we had ones based on their remakes, we had a FVJ house, we have them on the TT, and now we have them all in one maze. Yeah, I know Michael Myers isn't in it, but they've done all they could with him as well.

So yeah, this should be cool. Just please let them rest after this year. This will be the fifth time we've had them….oh, and please give us the Conjuring next year.

i think the maze would be better as not walking into movie scenes but watching these killers rampage the neighborhood killing the haunters neighbors

i think the maze would be better as not walking into movie scenes but watching these killers rampage the neighborhood killing the haunters neighbors
It would be cool to see them all as one "canon" and not just three different films, but I doubt NLC would allow that. FVJ was close enough for me.

So what's the facade going to be? Did I read somewhere it was going to be a home haunt or something?

It would be cool to see them all as one "canon" and not just three different films, but I doubt NLC would allow that. FVJ was close enough for me.

So what's the facade going to be? Did I read somewhere it was going to be a home haunt or something?
yeah it's a home haunt. apparently a uber fan made a homemade haunted house but it gets rained out. so the owner does a movie marathon and that's when they leap off the screen

This is honestly my most anticipated maze aside from Shining.. A bit let down there's no Myers, but eh, what can you do? I wonder if Murdy's horror host cameo is for this maze..
maybe the first room is the living room where the marathon on the tv is. maybe the horror host will present the marathon alot like joe bob brigs for monstervision

I agree, hopefully they use some more Freddy than last year because FvJ felt like it had more Jason
Well thats not true. It definitely had more freddy, but it was actually very 50/50.

We were all convinced that it was going to be Leatherface
Not all of us were convinced. I was skeptical & had a lot of doubts. And a crap ton of "oh please god no" prayers.

I like that Murdy is treating this like an original maze. The IPs are official, but its still an "original" concept like Orlando's "All Nite Die-In". Now my only two real complaints I have in regards to this maze are...

1- The lack of Michael Myers preventing us from having a true west coast ANDI. Sure Halloween is owned by a different studio, BUT... Universal owns Halloween II (which I'm wondering if THAT is how they were able to get away with him being with the Big 3 last year for that promo image/tshirt). Anyway.. its not about "having done all you can do with him" because that isn't true. far from it actually. You don't have to recreate scenes from the film(s) in order to use a particular character. Thats completely 1-dimensional thinking. You've gotta get creative. But I am curious though, why not use Michael in the maze too? Is it a legal thing due to the Big 3?

2- This is probably a bigger offender than the lack of Michael Myers and that would be the complete and utter lack of effort made with the maze title. At least they went for the obvious "Titans of TERROR TRAM". That was amusing & clever. But this... this is just lazy. Honestly the codename Uber Fan is slightly better. My brain can't come up with a better name at this hour & sleep deprived, but yea... just calling it "Titans of Terror" is a bit lame.

This is honestly my most anticipated maze aside from Shining.. A bit let down there's no Myers, but eh, what can you do? I wonder if Murdy's horror host cameo is for this maze..

Confirmed yesterday. Murdy's Cameo as a TV Show Host known as "The Screecher" is in the Maze.