Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Star Tours (DHS)

The lake, the entire Sounds Dangerous building, Indy, Backlot Express, and Star Tours all flattened.

Clean slate.
I would not be happy to see the lake go. I'd love to see something done with the Sounds Dangerous building (even if it was flattened, although I'd be sad to lose that architecture) and Backlot Express and especially the ABC Commissary, and I could accept losing Indy and Star Tours even if I'm not thrilled with it, but killing the lake is just awful, unless they're going to do some other kind of body of water in that area instead. This is already the park that is the most devoid of water, to remove their one big water feature is just absolutely nuts to me. Especially when it doesn't look like Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge are going to have anything. Now if they're going to put in a big Indy area with like a river or something through it, maybe something like the Lost River Delta in DisneySea, that'd be okay. But otherwise... damn.

I would not be happy to see the lake go. I'd love to see something done with the Sounds Dangerous building (even if it was flattened, although I'd be sad to lose that architecture) and Backlot Express and especially the ABC Commissary, and I could accept losing Indy and Star Tours even if I'm not thrilled with it, but killing the lake is just awful, unless they're going to do some other kind of body of water in that area instead. This is already the park that is the most devoid of water, to remove their one big water feature is just absolutely nuts to me. Especially when it doesn't look like Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge are going to have anything. Now if they're going to put in a big Indy area with like a river or something through it, maybe something like the Lost River Delta in DisneySea, that'd be okay. But otherwise... damn.
I agree that if Echo Lake is taken out, another body of water needs to be put in as DHS is a very, very dry park. This plot of land actually may be a good area for DHS' first Water or boat ride (for one of the rides).

I agree that if Echo Lake is taken out, another body of water needs to be put in as DHS is a very, very dry park. This plot of land actually may be a good area for DHS' first Water or boat ride (for one of the rides).
A boat ride would be great, a hybrid between the Indiana Jones Adventure and the new Shanghai Pirates of the Caribbean would be AWESOME

We're not sinking, we're CRASHING!

Last edited:
I mean they could level everything from ST round to indy and even go as far as echo lake and shift Muppets round and then you have a larger plot for a big expansion to SW:GE (I dont think it will happen obv but hey options)

A boat ride would be great, a hybrid between the Indiana Jones Adventure and the new Shanghai Pirates of the Caribbean would be AWESOME

We're not sinking, we're CRASHING!

She seriously ruined that movie for me.

I mean they could level everything from ST round to indy and even go as far as echo lake and shift Muppets round and then you have a larger plot for a big expansion to SW:GE (I dont think it will happen obv but hey options)

I think SW:GE will have an expansion pad built into it when it opens.

Honestly, since it seems to become more and more clear that they're not going to add anything of note featuring the Muppets, I say raze the whole Muppets Courtyard and connect Galaxy's Edge to Star Tours. Then build a "3-D Showcase" theater attraction somewhere that rotates through all of Disney's 3-D movies like Muppet*Vision, Captain EO, etc., and can also rotate through the occasional film previews they do.

Honestly, since it seems to become more and more clear that they're not going to add anything of note featuring the Muppets, I say raze the whole Muppets Courtyard and connect Galaxy's Edge to Star Tours. Then build a "3-D Showcase" theater attraction somewhere that rotates through all of Disney's 3-D movies like Muppet*Vision, Captain EO, etc., and can also rotate through the occasional film previews they do.
My favorite parts of Muppet Vision are how the theater itself is so thoroughly incorporated into the show. Animatronic characters, fireworks, arrows and flaming holes at the end, it's all incredible.

Lot's of space to do stuff with so i'm totally cool with this and by getting rid of the Sounds Dangerous building, it will make the park feel a lot more open and a lot bigger. I assume that "SD Building" means the part of the building where Frozen currently is as well since the whole thing is connected.

Do you know if they are thinking of expanding into the parking lot or if that's not even a consideration?
I don't believe pushing into the parking lot is still being considered.

I don't believe pushing into the parking lot is still being considered.

Personally curious, have they considered bringing Battle of the Sunken Treasure over to Florida in the form of a new land at DHS to a POTC-Movie themed land; or would it be more likely an animated IP?

Funny enough, when I chatted with Justin Martin; I agreed with him after the show that replacing the original POTC with Sunken Treasure is a dumb move. But that doing a new land off of it would be a better idea than replacing an iconic attraction.

Last edited:
Personally curious, have they considered bringing Battle of the Sunken Treasure over to Florida in the form of a new land at DHS to a POTC-Movie themed land; or would it be more likely an animated IP?

Funny enough, when I chatted with Justin Martin; I agreed with him after the show that replacing the original POTC with Sunken Treasure is a dumb move. But that doing a new land off of it would be a better idea than replacing an iconic attraction.
I mentioned them POTC: BoTST as something i'd love to see come to DHS about 2 months or so ago in an Adventure themed land with Indy as the other IP for the land. Now I was just throwing out my wildest fantasies for DHS, but the point here is, I certainly think that there's room for the original Pirates and then a ride based on the films as well and DHS is the perfect place to put a ride like that.

Doing this could remove Jack Sparrow from the MK Pirates too and would allow them to return it to what made people fall in love with the ride to begin with.

I mentioned them POTC: BoTST as something i'd love to see come to DHS about 2 months or so ago in an Adventure themed land with Indy as the other IP for the land. Now I was just throwing out my wildest fantasies for DHS, but the point here is, I certainly think that there's room for the original Pirates and then a ride based on the films as well and DHS is the perfect place to put a ride like that.

Doing this could remove Jack Sparrow from the MK Pirates too and would allow them to return it to what made people fall in love with the ride to begin with.

Honestly, if they want to continue having Indiana Jones to help market the upcoming film but in a new ride, along with Sunken Treasure; it'd be a perfect opportunity to do it in a way that could make sense as somewhat mini-lands if you will.

Personally, I'd like a new Indy boat ride using the sunken treasure tech. But with a JPRA sized drop before all the big screen stuff.

And if they really want to get fancy, throw in a SFX Coaster E Ticket in the same ride building. :)
Why does an Indy version of Splash Mountain not exist in our world? I must find the universe it does exist and go there...Probably the same one where Bob Iger was a custodian at Six Flags and Joe Rhode didn't lose his keys all the time, thus saving his ear

Personally, I'd like a new Indy boat ride using the sunken treasure tech. But with a JPRA sized drop before all the big screen stuff.

And if they really want to get fancy, throw in a SFX Coaster E Ticket in the same ride building. :)
This!!! All the way!

It drives me crazy how the stunt show is the only representation of Indy in the parks.