SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll speculate there's a clause in their contract A-B gets at least one tap at any bar. Would explain Blue Moon.

At least each tap seems to be assigned to a specific craft brewer. Hopefully they can change beers out periodically. So, for example, when they get Sam Octoberfest, maybe Cloud Chaser will become McSwaggers.
Blue Moon is Coors, AB's witbier is Shocktop. Biggest problem with American beer culture is the obsession with IPAs, then of course, being from Belgium and being a homebrewer I have different ideas. Also, my general preference in beer is strong ale, especially Trappist style. I have also noticed that often people use the word craftbeer as meaning just anything that is not regular American lager, I guess that is also why Stella is included, which is at least a lot better than American lager which, no offense, is crap for the most part. If they wanted a good lager they could have done better really, Siera Nevada and New Belgium both make good European style lagers. Ah well, I generally never consume alcohol in the parks as it is over prized and I can make my own :)

Also, just because it's a Craft Beer place doesn't mean it shouldn't have options for less adventurous drinkers.

Reactions: SeventyOne
You know they've had multiple festivals where a wide variety of beers are offered. I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at the sales from that to determine what beers they wanted to include here. They could also use those festivals on an ongoing basis to continually re-evaluate their selection.

So now DC is closing a gap truely has opened for Seaworld to become the place to go for old fashioned simple theme park thrills. How do they create new, thrilling, marketable attractions without just building higher and faster? I'm certain Mako brought in the crowds even if other factors lessened the impact for Seaworld....do they go for gimmicky, but marketable rides from here-on-in? I'm eagerly awaiting infinity falls. If it's a bog standard Rapids ride with that longest drop it'll give an indication at their thinking...if it's a genuinely awesome ride, with the bonus of that drop...maybe they're onto something?

Reactions: anihilnation
So now DC is closing a gap truely has opened for Seaworld to become the place to go for old fashioned simple theme park thrills. How do they create new, thrilling, marketable attractions without just building higher and faster? I'm certain Mako brought in the crowds even if other factors lessened the impact for Seaworld....do they go for gimmicky, but marketable rides from here-on-in? I'm eagerly awaiting infinity falls. If it's a bog standard Rapids ride with that longest drop it'll give an indication at their thinking...if it's a genuinely awesome ride, with the bonus of that drop...maybe they're onto something?

How about a new thrill coaster that incorporates clear Acrylic tube and aquarium life along it's ruN

I still think they could print money with aquarium/underwater hotel rooms. Maybe the same aquarium structure could host both a coaster segment and Aquarium rooms. A two fer.

How about a new thrill coaster that incorporates clear Acrylic tube and aquarium life along it's ruN

I still think they could print money with aquarium/underwater hotel rooms. Maybe the same aquarium structure could host both a coaster segment and Aquarium rooms. A two fer.
An aquarium hotel is a brilliant idea...I think it is certainly on the table for them...They just need to get attendance and guest spending up

My latest update checks out the new and improved Dolphin Nursery, but more importantly, the new Flamecraft Bar!

Also, the bartender told me the current beer sign is temporary and the new one will use velcro to easily replace beers whenever they want. He said new beers are already on the way to replace the ones that aren't selling.

Video:

Photo Highlights:

P1120753.jpg

P1120715.jpg

P1120721.jpg

P1120722.jpg

IMG_8709.jpg

IMG_8678.jpg

IMG_8657.jpg

IMG_8648.jpg

P1120778.jpg

P1120777.jpg

P1120791.jpg

IMG_8636.jpg

P1120800.jpg

Love that there's a new shortcut to the Event Pathway from the bar.

Lots more photos here: SeaWorld Orlando Update: Dolphin Nursery & Flamecraft Bar Now Open and Infinity Falls Construction – Orlando ParkStop

Apparently they are accelerating the addition of Sesame Street to SWO, now coming late 2018/early 2019.

Of course, EVERYTHING could change with the potential sale of parks (and possibly licensing with them).

Reactions: GadgetGuru
So, the good news is that Antarctica is no longer the worst ride in the park.

The bad news is that they completely destroyed one of the best B&M floorless coasters in the world with their stupid virtual reality crap. Mine didn't work at all, knew I was in trouble on the lift when all the fish around me started to lag on the screen. Spent the entire ride with my eyes closed because nothing synced up and everything was spinning sideways.

Couple that with 8-minute dispatches (they time this in the station on a TV), one train operation, and sketchy VR goggle cleaning procedures, and you have a recipe for Orlando's worst theme park attraction.

How many times are they going to strike out before they make some real changes? They've probably wasted close to 100 million dollars inside this single park on total failures that have had zero impact on their business.

Fast tracking Sesame Street isn't going to do a darn thing for them either. They need new management and creative direction now more than ever before.

So, the good news is that Antarctica is no longer the worst ride in the park.

The bad news is that they completely destroyed one of the best B&M floorless coasters in the world with their stupid virtual reality crap. Mine didn't work at all, knew I was in trouble on the lift when all the fish around me started to lag on the screen. Spent the entire ride with my eyes closed because nothing synced up and everything was spinning sideways.

Couple that with 8-minute dispatches (they time this in the station on a TV), one train operation, and sketchy VR goggle cleaning procedures, and you have a recipe for Orlando's worst theme park attraction.

How many times are they going to strike out before they make some real changes? They've probably wasted close to 100 million dollars inside this single park on total failures that have had zero impact on their business.

Fast tracking Sesame Street isn't going to do a darn thing for them either. They need new management and creative direction now more than ever before.
I honestly hope they sell the park to Universal

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Ok point made. But who else would buy the park. Seaworld need to sell the Florida parks and focus on the other parks
Merlin might be interested. I know people were hoping/wondering if Six Flags might be interested.

If someone already in the theme park industry bites, it would probably be a company like them, where they're used to owning coaster-heavy parks. Not one of the big guys like Disney or Universal. They've got too much immersive theming awesomeness on their plates to try and right this ship.

I don't want Universal to be the one bogged down in the animal rights issues.

I love SeaWorld, don't get me wrong. But as a business, I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole right now.
If Universal buys SeaWorld Orlando, they would just be buying the real estate/infrastructure. It wouldn't remain "SeaWorld". They would raze the place to the ground with possibly keeping Manta, Mako, and the new raft ride.

Honestly, at this point, I'd put more trust in some of the folks on this forum to make better decisions for the park than they make for themselves.

I mean, even their entrance vibe is all wrong. When you walk up to the park entrance what you're seeing doesn't match what you're hearing. You see a nice tranquil harbor park entrance with rolling waves, a lighthouse, etc, but you hear dramatic cinematic music that would be better found in the middle of production central at Universal.

Another great example is all of the generic pop up fairground games that they have scattered throughout the park. Who honestly thinks that is appropriate for the kind of environment that SeaWorld really is?

Everything just feels really off. Either their corporate team is working in silos and nobody is communicating what they're doing or they just have some really unqualified people making some big decisions on behalf of the company. BGT, SWO, and BGW used to be among the best theme parks in the world. They felt high quality but differentiated themselves enough from the highly produced Disney's and Universal's that it gave them their own unique identity.

Not anymore.