Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

Yup. Two more. I forget the other small one they're selling but they are selling one big one which is a shocker. Carowinds...

There's no way Cedar Fair selling Carowinds. The company has been making big investments to the park, and are even planning a resort hotel. Didn't Ouimet once say that the park "could become the Cedar Point of the South?" Now that would be a big task, but it does show that Ouimet really sees potential for Carowinds. So I don't think Cedar Fair would even consider selling the park.

Apparently six flags....

Six Flags is currently focusing on building international locations in China and Dubai. I don't believe they'd want to buy another US park if that's the case.

EDIT: Nevermind, they are considering buying US parks. I still don't think they'll go after Carowinds though.

Last edited:
There's no way Cedar Fair selling Carowinds. The company has been making big investments to the park, and are even planning a resort hotel. Didn't Ouimet once say that the park "could become the Cedar Point of the South?" Now that would be a big task, but it does show that Ouimet really sees potential for Carowinds. So I don't think Cedar Fair would even consider selling the park.

Six Flags is currently focusing on building international locations in China and Dubai. I don't believe they'd want to buy another US park if that's the case.

No, they have said they are open to adding existing parks, water parks.

Their exposure seems to be quite limited in the Dubai and China ventures.

Rumors I have heard about gwazi: Gwazi gets replaced by a tempest ride and the whole lot Gwazi was in gets turned into an Australian area. To be honest here, I would be excited for it. Busch gardens tampa needs this for sure. I haven't heard anything else about Gwazi but I also heard sandserpant could end up as an inside coaster. Either that or it gets replaced by an inside coaster, not sure which is the correct rumor.

Rumors I have heard about gwazi: Gwazi gets replaced by a tempest ride and the whole lot Gwazi was in gets turned into an Australian area. To be honest here, I would be excited for it.
You probably got this rumor from me on another forum site as I've posted this almost exact thing on at least 2 other sites.

Busch gardens tampa needs this for sure. I haven't heard anything else about Gwazi but I also heard sandserpant could end up as an inside coaster. Either that or it gets replaced by an inside coaster, not sure which is the correct rumor
There is a permit for Sand Serpent to be enclosed, so likely what's happening.

You probably got this rumor from me on another forum site as I've posted this almost exact thing on at least 2 other sites.

There is a permit for Sand Serpent to be enclosed, so likely what's happening.
I wasn't sure because everyone says it's a "rumor", but either way it's some exciting news.

Here's a deal. Pay for a 1 day($104.99), BG Tampa & Adventure Island, and get the rest of 2018 free...Can't make much profit giving away the store. They're sounding desperate. Manufacture attendance to make the park look better for a sale.

Possible sale aside... (for comparison) Six Flags practically gave their 2018 gold passes away (some as low at $52 in the US & $49 at La Ronde) during their flash sale this year. It includes admission to all SF parks & water parks, parking, the rest of 2017 and more. They are obviously making money or they wouldn't do it. Season passes, especially ones that have to paid upfront, like a Fun Card to BG or SW, are guaranteed income. Those who purchase them (Fun Cards) still have to pay for parking and get no additional frills. I believe they offered it last year as well during their "Blue Friday" sale.