Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Just to update everyone here on the latest rumors on Brazil... apparently a ride is NOT in the budget as of now. How they think it's good business to open a new country without a ride in this day and age is beyond me.

...that's lucrative. VERY lucrative.

That'd be a bad move to me, as it also makes no sense, especially as Epcot needs more attractions to do. And that the additions to Future World won't be enough.

Eh, it adds dining and shopping which they've been doing since World Showcase opened.

This is essentially calling it Brazil instead of an expansion of one of the other countries.

I'd be more offended if Ratatouille wasn't coming and the little ride for the U.K. wasnt as likely to happen as it is.

Eh, it adds dining and shopping which they've been doing since World Showcase opened.

This is essentially calling it Brazil instead of an expansion of one of the other countries.

I'd be more offended if Ratatouille wasn't coming and the little ride for the U.K. wasnt as likely to happen as it is.
It just wouldn't be World Showcase if their wasn't a planned ride that didn't happen

It just wouldn't be World Showcase if their wasn't a planned ride that didn't happen
My thing is, I think there are clearly people within WDP&R that have pushed for a coaster in EPCOT... so just build freaking Mount Fuji already. Give Energy the Big Bang update or put the TRON coaster there instead of Tomorrowland, do a Guardians overlay on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and everybody's happy. Except for, you know, Aerosmith fans.

My thing is, I think there are clearly people within WDP&R that have pushed for a coaster in EPCOT... so just build freaking Mount Fuji already. Give Energy the Big Bang update or put the TRON coaster there instead of Tomorrowland, do a Guardians overlay on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and everybody's happy. Except for, you know, Aerosmith fans.
There was also the Time Racers coaster that was supposed to replace SSE with Project Gemini. Thank goodness that never happened.

Just to update everyone here on the latest rumors on Brazil... apparently a ride is NOT in the budget as of now. How they think it's good business to open a new country without a ride in this day and age is beyond me.

Personally, I love World Showcase for what it is and don't think every pavilion needs a ride attached to it. However, I am also of the persuasion that I want as many rides as possible. I would happily accept a new pavilion opening sooner, rather than later, and a ride set to follow on an expansion pad within the couple of years that follow. I think the overhaul needs to focus on Future World before it starts to even think of furthering World Showcase past the Ratatouille addition and this potential UK expansion. I also think they have to be a lot more crafty with space and time at World Showcase because of it's commitments during F&G and F&W.

Internally Disney has started a countdown to Epcot's 35th. Sunday is 35 days out.

But amid that, a more solid end date was given for several projects.

Guardians, Ratatouille, MS Restaurant, and New China Film will all be open by 2021.

Jan 1st 2021 or by Dec 31st 2021?

I get the impression there will be more than meets the eye at the Epcot Legacy Showplace.

It's heralded as celebrating Epcot 35th throughout the Food and Wine festival by looking at its past, present, and future.

For those unaware - it's in The Odyssey. Last year (edit: correction, earlier this year during Festival of the Arts) the Space had two distinct art galleries. One of Epcot concept art, and one of Mary Blair artwork.

Also - L'oranges flavored cotton candy and handwiches will be sold there.

I get the impression there will be more than meets the eye at the Epcot Legacy Showplace.

It's heralded as celebrating Epcot 35th throughout the Food and Wine festival by looking at its past, present, and future.

For those unaware - it's in The Odyssey. Last year (edit: correction, earlier this year during Festival of the Arts) the Space had two distinct art galleries. One of Epcot concept art, and one of Mary Blair artwork.

Also - L'oranges flavored cotton candy and handwiches will be sold there.
I figured that's where it was going. (I've been peaking in the windows the last few weeks.) Definitely the thing I'm most excited for this year at Food and Wine.

I'm guessing they're going to want to Space this out. 4 attractions in less than 4 years providing they're aiming for summer 2021 at the latest.