Manta | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Manta

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can you get :puke: from it? Or not really?

Oh mylanta. I got soooo sick the first and only time I've ridden it. I went to the Manta Madness party tonight and all night I had people asking me why I wouldn't ride and I'm like, yeah I had a headache for 3 hours after riding it yesterday. :lol:

It was that darn pretzel loop. :puke:

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I was totally expecting the splash effect to be like that of SheiKra at the company's sister park. A legit splash that actually gets bystanders soaked, not a mock splash. It is still very cool though being able to reach out and touch the water... which I then flicked in Adrianna's face as the ride continued. :lol:

Haha, I'm totally in this photo:

mantasoftopen_07.jpg

Manta Madness was pretty fun last tonight. It's nice to see Sea World embracing the internet and holding a special event specifically geared towards marketing their new attraction via social networking and fan sites like this.

Also, given it was so dead at the event, we actually got to spend some time exploring the queue and trying to find the hidden mantas. So far we've found 6 mantas, Shamu, and a dolphin, but apparently there are quite a few more things hidden in the rock work. I love how immersive the queue is.

rockmanta.jpg

One of the more obvious 'hidden' mantas.

Last edited:
That picture you were in was actually taken on Sunday but included in this update. I didn't know you were going to be there tonight or else I would have said hello. There was a guy I thought looked really familiar but couldn't figure out why. Now I'm guessing that it was probably you. :lol:

---

We also got shirts and pins tonight. The shirts are awesome and around the same time we got them, Shamu posted a Tweet saying the exact same thing that was on the back of the shirts. Very cool.

osablh.jpg

2v7xdtc.jpg

That picture you were in was actually taken on Sunday but included in this update. I didn't know you were going to be there tonight or else I would have said hello. There was a guy I thought looked really familiar but couldn't figure out why. Now I'm guessing that it was probably you. :lol:

Haha, yeah, I've been out there the past three days.

Finally received our on ride photo from last night. They gave our whole train masks to wear:
onride2.jpg

Haha, yeah, I've been out there the past three days.

Finally received our on ride photo from last night. They gave our whole train masks to wear:
onride2.jpg

Haha. How mysterious. Now there's no way of telling if that was you who we saw.

529043079_Nz5UF-M.jpg

They told us that normally to send the picture to your email you will have to purchase a print out and the emailed picture will cost you an extra $5.00.

Make sure to sit in the front your first time. It's so much more worth it. The back is faster but the view from the front can't be beat. To me it makes up for it.

I'll be there Thursday too. I'm bringing down my son once he gets out of school at 2pm and we're planning on hitting Manta and Krakken for his first two rides on both coasters! He's so pumped!!! I am guessing we will be there around 3:30/4pmish if you want to try to meet up! Let me know!

I'll be there Thursday too. I'm bringing down my son once he gets out of school at 2pm and we're planning on hitting Manta and Krakken for his first two rides on both coasters! He's so pumped!!! I am guessing we will be there around 3:30/4pmish if you want to try to meet up! Let me know!
Are you going to be there THIS Thurs, or next. I will be there NEXT Thursday which is the 14th. I can't make it this thurs.