Manta | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Manta

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The official Grand Opening is May 22nd. This is a Soft Opening that they are really only advertising to big time fans via their official Facebook and Twitter pages.

Also confirmed, Manta will open every day at noon for the rest of the week starting May 5th.

I'm surprised how little interest there seems to be from the OU faithful compared to HRRR. This ride is going to blow HRRR out of the water people, ahem, no pun intended.

Ok I am super excited and Sledge I for one am more excited for this one than HRRR! If all goes according to plan me and the coaster riding kid are going to try and hit this Thursday afternoon after he gets out of school. Anyone want to meet up just let me know!

Also confirmed, Manta will open every day at noon for the rest of the week starting May 5th.

I'm surprised how little interest there seems to be from the OU faithful compared to HRRR. This ride is going to blow HRRR out of the water people, ahem, no pun intended.

Valid opinion. I honestly have trouble deciding which one I am going to like better. Both are going to be awesome rides that bring new things to the table. Manta is going to be a very relaxed atmosphere overload from the way it looks. HRRR, on the other hand, will be much more upbeat with some very cool elements. I can't wait to ride both when I go in July.

I don't think Manta will be better. I think RockIt will have a better on ride experience. Where as I feel Manta will be much tamer but the themeing on it is phenomenal and that excites me also. Either way I'm ready to hit up both of these coasters. I just need to get a Sea World ticket. :doh:

I am stoked for BOTH coasters. Both will be the first of their kind in CentFL. Now if someone would just build a good wooden coaster in O-Town.

I am stoked for BOTH coasters. Both will be the first of their kind in CentFL. Now if someone would just build a good wooden coaster in O-Town.

Eh. I like a really good wooden Roller Coaster but it seems like Florida owned parks don't want to maintain them right. I've heard the one in South Florida is really good but Gwazi has kind of put a damper on them at the moment. I would love an El Toro clone though. :thumbs:

I don't think Manta will be better. I think RockIt will have a better on ride experience. Where as I feel Manta will be much tamer but the themeing on it is phenomenal and that excites me also. Either way I'm ready to hit up both of these coasters. I just need to get a Sea World ticket. :doh:

After riding Manta I really don't see how HRRR could be more intense. I had a headache for 3 hours following Manta. :'( To me, HRRR looks a lot less intense because it doesn't go upside down at all. That pretzel loop thing on Manta about killed me. :lol: I'm looking forward to HRRR a lot more than I was Manta too.

Oh I will say that Manta had a great queue. At least you don't really have to wait outside at all. Its nice and cool in there. Has a really nice atmosphere with all the aquariums too.

Rode it today. The pretzel loop is intense, but awesome. The queue is great as well. Definitely an A+ effort by SeaWorld.