Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DHS Third Expansion

I was just saying, I think that while there would be a good amount of people angry, it wouldn't be like if California closed theirs. And to be blunt, if BftST comes; I don't see it replace the MK attraction.
Logistically, I don't think it could replace the MK attraction. Pirates is a huge people-eater and a big driver to that part of the park. And I don't think the facade would fit. The Shanghai facade is much taller to detract from the giant warehouse that houses the ride.

Nothing is green lit and there are lots of competing concepts. First, PotC:BftST is the first ride tech in a long time that TDO has said, "Oooooo, I want that!". I have heard 2 different rumors about bringing that ride tech to WDW and both involve Indy.

The first rumor I heard was the boat ride replacing the stunt show and the area being rethemed to an Indy land that would include the Raging Spirits coaster from Japan replacing Star Tours. And Backlot Express becoming a Outpost themed QS and the area would include another "Indy" themed bar similar to The Hanger.

The second rumor I heard is Dinoland becomes South America with scattered animal exhibits. A new take on the IJA replacing Dinosaur. Raging Spirits replacing Dinorama. And the boat ride replacing Nemo. It is an Amazon River attraction with live animals at the beginning then enter the show building which is an adventure to Coronado: The Lost City of Gold. The Amazon River ride would not be an Indy ride. Restaurantasaurus becomes an Outpost QS. And of course a "Hanger" type bar, Jock wasn't mentioned, but it being the defacto headquarters of S.E.A. was. This South America land rumor even goes as far as to include an adventures club-esque hotel similar to the Star Wars thing.

If the Indy IP moves to DAK, and Star Tours is axed. That frees up huge chunk of land in DHS. Echo Lake, the Sounds Dangerous building, Star Tours, Backlot Express, and Indy. And that's where the plan ends. "Yeah, big chuck of land, great, and.....". No clue what they want to do with it. Not me, them. They don't have a plan for it yet. Not even any solid pitches.

TDO and Burbank actually like the DAK plan for multiple reasons.

1. Overlaying Dinosaur would be an extremely cost effective way to bring in a new E Ticket.

2. Dinosaurs GSAT are middle of the road. "Meh", "Too Scary", "What dinosaur ride?" Being the most common comments. Apparently a surprisingly large number of guests never even realize it's there.

3. They could do the South America land in phases. Redo the land with Indy, Raging Spirits, the animal exhibits, and Food/Beverage/Merch. Leaving the Nemo replacement until phase 2.

4. Frees up a lot of contiguous acreage in DHS.

Love the first plan. The second is meh

My perfect plan would be for them to add a Incredibles, Cars or Monsters Inc land first, then build the Indiana Jones Land

Speaking of which, what rides could fit the Cars and Incredibles brand, other than the rides already at DCA?

Last edited:
I was going to crack that but couldn't remember if Incredibles was Pixar :cry:

haha yes, it is. I'm still slightly bitter that Pixar Place not got to reach its potential: Toy Story Mania, Monsters Inc Door Coaster, Incredibles interactive dark ride, and HISTK Playground converted to Bug's Life. While it's nice that Toy Story Land has outdoor kinetic energy (something DHS certainly lacks, imo) it's a mediocre representation of an overused IP. I would have much rathered a Pixar smorgasbord. :shrug: And I think it could have helped round out the park a long time ago.

haha yes, it is. I'm still slightly bitter that Pixar Place not got to reach its potential: Toy Story Mania, Monsters Inc Door Coaster, Incredibles interactive dark ride, and HISTK Playground converted to Bug's Life. While it's nice that Toy Story Land has outdoor kinetic energy (something DHS certainly lacks, imo) it's a mediocre representation of an overused IP. I would have much rathered a Pixar smorgasbord. :shrug: And I think it could have helped round out the park a long time ago.

I see that standpoint. Personally, I grew up with Toy Story so any further representation of it in the parks is a plus from me. I remember the days of the parade in MGM and I always used to go crazy over the TS floats. However, I would have happily had a much expanded Pixar Place. I think that would have pleased everyone and, like you said, serviced the park's overall theme a lot better. Hopefully that potential can be realised. Animation courtyard surely has a target on it's back.

Can they do that? Is there enough room?

I think if they totally destroyed Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Disney Jnr, Launch Bay and expanded back a little. Not sure how many of those buildings are CM areas or used for other purposes but I am sure they could find the room for two attractions, at least. Whether they would get rid of them remains to be seen. I think Launch Bay is sure to go though. Wouldn't make sense thematically.

All I really want to see in that area is a walkway to connect with Sunset Dr. The rest is unimportant to me. I would love to see Racers here but DL got Cars and WDW got Avatar.... Enjoy your tiny garden. I feel like they would think twice before bringing another Test Track attraction to WDW. I would love the re-theme of Dinoland to Indy, before anything at the Ani Courtyard.

So glad I'm not the only one! I really loved the small Pixar courtyard they had built. I'm still so bitter that I never got to see the Luxo animatronic show while it was going.