1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

DHS Third Expansion

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios' started by ThrillRideLover3214, Aug 26, 2017.

1. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Veteran Member

Logistically, I don't think it could replace the MK attraction. Pirates is a huge people-eater and a big driver to that part of the park. And I don't think the facade would fit. The Shanghai facade is much taller to detract from the giant warehouse that houses the ride.

2. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Rookie

Love the first plan. The second is meh

My perfect plan would be for them to add a Incredibles, Cars or Monsters Inc land first, then build the Indiana Jones Land

Speaking of which, what rides could fit the Cars and Incredibles brand, other than the rides already at DCA?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Ashhanbre likes this.
  3. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Member

I can see Pixar expand to current Animation Courtyard and have a mini monsters inc land.

4. brianlo

brianlo Rookie

It is! From personal experience.

Mad Dog likes this.
  5. Joshua Porter

Joshua Porter Newcomer

Animation courtyard expansion to a new animated section would be ideal. I would happily take a land that is an amalgamation of Monsters, Incredibles, Cars, etc.

ChristopherSE likes this.
  6. ChristopherSE

ChristopherSE V.I.P.

And they could call it something like "Pixar Place"! idk, just spitballing

Cheezbat and Joshua Porter like this.
  7. Joshua Porter

Joshua Porter Newcomer

I was going to crack that but couldn't remember if Incredibles was Pixar :cry:

8. ChristopherSE

ChristopherSE V.I.P.

haha yes, it is. I'm still slightly bitter that Pixar Place not got to reach its potential: Toy Story Mania, Monsters Inc Door Coaster, Incredibles interactive dark ride, and HISTK Playground converted to Bug's Life. While it's nice that Toy Story Land has outdoor kinetic energy (something DHS certainly lacks, imo) it's a mediocre representation of an overused IP. I would have much rathered a Pixar smorgasbord. :shrug: And I think it could have helped round out the park a long time ago.

9. Joshua Porter

Joshua Porter Newcomer

I see that standpoint. Personally, I grew up with Toy Story so any further representation of it in the parks is a plus from me. I remember the days of the parade in MGM and I always used to go crazy over the TS floats. However, I would have happily had a much expanded Pixar Place. I think that would have pleased everyone and, like you said, serviced the park's overall theme a lot better. Hopefully that potential can be realised. Animation courtyard surely has a target on it's back.

10. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Rookie

Can they do that? Is there enough room?

11. Joshua Porter

Joshua Porter Newcomer

I think if they totally destroyed Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Disney Jnr, Launch Bay and expanded back a little. Not sure how many of those buildings are CM areas or used for other purposes but I am sure they could find the room for two attractions, at least. Whether they would get rid of them remains to be seen. I think Launch Bay is sure to go though. Wouldn't make sense thematically.

12. Ultranel

Ultranel Rookie

All I really want to see in that area is a walkway to connect with Sunset Dr. The rest is unimportant to me. I would love to see Racers here but DL got Cars and WDW got Avatar.... Enjoy your tiny garden. I feel like they would think twice before bringing another Test Track attraction to WDW. I would love the re-theme of Dinoland to Indy, before anything at the Ani Courtyard.

13. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Veteran Member

So glad I'm not the only one! I really loved the small Pixar courtyard they had built. I'm still so bitter that I never got to see the Luxo animatronic show while it was going.

ChristopherSE and Joshua Porter like this.