Thinking about visiting! | Inside Universal Forums

Thinking about visiting!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 12, 2017
Hello all!

My husband and I are working on doing the math to see if we can fit a first visit to Universal Studios from Maine sometime in March 2018. By that time everyone in the state (except those crazy skiers and snowmobilers) is heartily sick of winter, and ready for some warm. I'm hoping that we'll be able to make it work, and thought we'd join up here to try to find some ways to make it more affordable.

Thanks for having me! :)

~ Darsa

Reactions: anihilnation
On site hotel rates are high in March, with Spring Break and Easter holidays. But you can get around 25% off the seasonal daily rate if you do six or more nights. Cabana Bay is, by far, the most affordable. But there's no Express passes for Cabana Bay residents, and attraction lines get pretty busy through most of March, especially with an early Easter this year. Hotel rates drop considerably in very late April and early to mid May. That's a better time of year to go. The weather is consistently warmer for pool time and the parks aren't as busy as they are in March and early April....and Welcome to IU. :thumbsup::cheers:

On site hotel rates are high in March, with Spring Break and Easter holidays. But you can get around 25% off the seasonal daily rate if you do six or more nights. Cabana Bay is, by far, the most affordable. But there's no Express passes for Cabana Bay residents, and attraction lines get pretty busy through most of March, especially with an early Easter this year. Hotel rates drop considerably in very late April and early to mid May. That's a better time of year to go. The weather is consistently warmer for pool time and the parks aren't as busy as they are in March and early April....and Welcome to IU. :thumbsup::cheers:

Well rats! I was hoping that March would be considered a "down" time; our Spring Breaks and such usually fall in April, which was why we were looking at March. Plus, my birthday is in March, heh. Thank you for that bit of advice; I'll definitely take that into consideration :)

Reactions: Mad Dog
You're welcome.:thumbsup: Another point. Universal hotels fill up early now, even though there's more of them & more rooms than just a few years ago. Book early.....The experience of staying on site at Universal is exceptional. The closeness of everything, the ease of travel, Citiwalk, and the ability to relax leisurely can't be beat.