Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 356 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well then, I would think that Universal's handling of Potter in Orlando might allay any fears Nintendo might have.
We'll likely never know for certain, but Potter may have been the only reason they got Nintendo. It certainly helped sell it.

If my theory of them adding Zelda back in is correct, that would make sense. Some sort of delineation between the Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule
No thanks. I'd rather them not do Zelda at all than simply shoehorn it into that area. Mushroom kingdom is so comic-like, and works perfect by the Simpsons and even ET/MiB.
There is no better spot for Zelda than Lost Continent. It has a perfect transition from Hogsmeade- and even from Seuss the transition is perfect. While Seuss isn't the ideal IP, the bridge and long walk to where the attractions would actually be make it work in and of itself.
USF is no place for Zelda.

Reactions: Mike S
If my theory of them adding Zelda back in is correct, that would make sense. Some sort of delineation between the Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule
DK and Mushroom Kingdom will be separated by a big Warp Pipe. They could do that for Zelda on the other side (or any property,) to keep them separate.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
So Zelda is potentially in USF now? Interesting. On one hand, they had almost the perfect opportunity to spread out Nintendo's biggest 3 IPs across their 3 parks: Mario in USF replacing KidZone, Zelda in IOA replacing Lost Continent, and Pokemon in Park 3.

On another hand, if Zelda is in USF and it extends around the Simpsons back toward MIB, that would do a TON of help for USF. It would greatly expand the park's footprint, help with the dead-end feeling that World Expo has, and would prevent SNW from being a dead end. And assuming that Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi are still on, AND that Zelda gets a ride, it would give the park at LEAST four new physical attractions at once. Heck, it would even allow Zelda to be built originally from the ground up rather than be shoehorned into Lost Continent.

Personally, I don't think this is an entirely terrible idea. If Universal wants SNW to be their "Fantasyland," than having a huge land that features both Mario AND Zelda would work so, so well.

Just putting it out there...
47f455833c.png

While it's highly unlikely that they would use the full footprint, that full area beyond KidZone? It's 11 acres. That's a TON of room to either expand Mario or add Zelda into the base land. It's way more land than LC would offer, with way more freedom...

Reactions: Ashhanbre
47f455833c.png

While it's highly unlikely that they would use the full footprint, that full area beyond KidZone? It's 11 acres. That's a TON of room to either expand Mario or add Zelda into the base land. It's way more land than LC would offer, with way more freedom...

It won't be the whole thing. They didn't just build all those new support buildings back there for their health, and they need buildings to house the parade stuff. IF they're staying with Kidzone/USF, my bet is the area where the sprung tents are becomes more Nintendo and they move to the back leftcorner of the plot of land

47f455833c.png

I would imagine with the new parade buildings, the land will be limited by quite a bit.

I did some calculations, and that they could have SNW (including part of the MIB Expansion Plot) being almost 13-14 acres.

Reactions: captainmoch
I would imagine with the new parade buildings, the land will be limited by quite a bit.

I did some calculations, and that they could have SNW (including part of the MIB Expansion Plot) being almost 13-14 acres.
That would still be amazing. 3 acres larger than Toy Story Land with likely sooooo much more. ...assuming this is the case, after all.

I have a prediction of my own: what if we do get a Pokemon land in Park 3, but not under the SNW moniker? Game Freak is enough of a different beast from Nintendo that it wouldn't surprise me if it was just called "Pokemon Land" or "Pokemon City." Then maybe Zelda is being grouped with Mario so it's simpler, being "Super Nintendo World" at USF and "Pokemon Land" at Park 3, rather than something like "Super Nintendo World - The Mushroom Kingdom" at USF, "Super Nintendo World - Hyrule" at IOA, and "Super Nintendo World - Kanto" at Park 3. This is all assuming Zelda is part of USF now. :shrug:

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
We'll likely never know for certain, but Potter may have been the only reason they got Nintendo. It certainly helped sell it.

No thanks. I'd rather them not do Zelda at all than simply shoehorn it into that area. Mushroom kingdom is so comic-like, and works perfect by the Simpsons and even ET/MiB.
There is no better spot for Zelda than Lost Continent. It has a perfect transition from Hogsmeade- and even from Seuss the transition is perfect. While Seuss isn't the ideal IP, the bridge and long walk to where the attractions would actually be make it work in and of itself.
USF is no place for Zelda.
Turn Mythos into the great Deku Tree restaurant?!? Now that's a facade I'd like to see

To mention, if they are planning on expanding the footprint, and adding more to the process, it may just be Universal wanting to 1-Up Disney's GE with 4 brand new experiences that are highly immersive and practical.

It's a thought, but it could be enough to get people away from Disney for the 50th.

So Zelda is potentially in USF now? Interesting. On one hand, they had almost the perfect opportunity to spread out Nintendo's biggest 3 IPs across their 3 parks: Mario in USF replacing KidZone, Zelda in IOA replacing Lost Continent, and Pokemon in Park 3.

On another hand, if Zelda is in USF and it extends around the Simpsons back toward MIB, that would do a TON of help for USF. It would greatly expand the park's footprint, help with the dead-end feeling that World Expo has, and would prevent SNW from being a dead end. And assuming that Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi are still on, AND that Zelda gets a ride, it would give the park at LEAST four new physical attractions at once. Heck, it would even allow Zelda to be built originally from the ground up rather than be shoehorned into Lost Continent.

Personally, I don't think this is an entirely terrible idea. If Universal wants SNW to be their "Fantasyland," than having a huge land that features both Mario AND Zelda would work so, so well.
Only if Zelda gets a ride would I be ok with this.