Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 358 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And it'd get more than that. If it gets a show, it's also getting an immersive area around it. I love Zelda. I'd love a Zelda ride. But as far as "rides that deserve big budget attractions", it's probably lower on UC's priority list. Which I understand.

Realistically, if we're going by sales numbers, Mario and Pokémon are the two Nintendo properties that "deserve" gigantic E-tickets.

I love Zelda. It's my favorite gaming franchise. Could it support its own E-ticket and land? Sure. Do I think it's popular enough for that? I think so.

But realistically I totally see why it'd only end up with a miniland and a single "real" attraction. At this point, I'll take that over nothing.

Could they be trying to add Luigi Mansion back in as well as the airship ride that was seen in the artwork? Or Maybe Kirby to keep the aesthetic going?

Secondly, Zelda can still have other "lands" in other parks. Hyrule Kingdom is only in most of the games. They still have Majora Mask, Skyward Sword, and Wind Waker they can base other lands after.

Never say Never. Some people said Universal NEVER would get Nintendo due to their past but they got them. Some people said Universal would never get Potter over Disney but they got them.
Zelda is popular, but nowhere near the popularity of Potter or Star Wars to where you could build multiple lands off of the same IP (or in SW case, a land and a hotel for now).

It's simply not going to happen. Especially since we're talking about Nintendo, Mario/Mushroom Kindom would be the one getting two lands if anything, not Zelda.

Never say Never. Some people said Universal NEVER would get Nintendo due to their past but they got them. Some people said Universal would never get Potter over Disney but they got them.
Zelda is getting nothing more than the scale of what Simpsons has. Obviously not the same cheaper, cartoon-y quality, but it's simply not a big enough pop cultural zeitgeist to get much more than a single major attraction, a well-themed surrounding area, and maybe a flat ride. There's not a chance it gets anything bigger than Springfield or Lost Continent IMO. It's simply not huge enough.

Reactions: fryoj
To give some context..

h59cuJk.jpg

If they were to extend over there, they could have it about 13.5 acres. Hypothetically, this would be almost at the level of Galaxy's Edge's 14 Acres.

And it'd get more than that. If it gets a show, it's also getting an immersive area around it. I love Zelda. I'd love a Zelda ride. But as far as "rides that deserve big budget attractions", it's probably lower on UC's priority list. Which I understand.
I was upset for that kind of treatment of B&tB in MK, I'd be even moreso with Zelda.
Zelda is getting nothing more than the scale of what Simpsons has. Obviously not the same cheaper, cartoon-y quality, but it's simply not a big enough pop cultural zeitgeist to get much more than a single major attraction, a well-themed surrounding area, and maybe a flat ride. There's not a chance it gets anything bigger than Springfield or Lost Continent IMO. It's simply not huge enough.
No. Simpsons has a ride, Zelda wouldn't. It'd be less treatment than even Simpsons.

I was upset for that kind of treatment of B&tB in MK, I'd be even moreso with Zelda.

No. Simpsons has a ride, Zelda wouldn't.

Considering that we only have certain patents and small pieces of concept art to go off of, I would hesitate to say Zelda wouldn't be a ride.

It actually, hypothetically; could be the Hex of Universal Creative, and that so many have praised that Alton Towers attraction for a simple yet ingenious concept.

Reactions: randompixel
To give some context..

h59cuJk.jpg

If they were to extend over there, they could have it about 13.5 acres. Hypothetically, this would be almost at the level of Galaxy's Edge's 14 Acres.
Since you have them taking away two sprung tents by doing this with nowhere for them to go in this area, where do those houses move to? There aren't many available plots left in USF after this.

Just another reason that HHN needs to move to Park 3 just about as soon as it opens.

Since you have them taking away two sprung tents by doing this with nowhere for them to go in this area, where do those houses move to? There aren't many available plots left in USF after this.

Just another reason that HHN needs to move to Park 3 just about as soon as it opens.

Hypothetically, if this does happen; I would think USF and IOA would share next year.

Outside of MIB ETent, you would be losing three locations over there; and that if Shrek 4-D is also going away, that will force them another venue lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
No. Simpsons has a ride, Zelda wouldn't. It'd be less treatment than even Simpsons.

Come on. The puzzle theater doesn't seem like anything to sneeze at

Hypothetically, if this does happen; I would think USF and IOA would share next year.

Outside of MIB ETent, you would be losing three locations over there; and that if Shrek 4-D is also going away, that will force them another venue lost.

I don't think you're ever gonna see IoA used again. It can't handle HHN crowds. I just think they'll move the sprungs back should Nintendo stretch into that piece of land

Reactions: captainmoch
I don't think you're ever gonna see IoA used again. It can't handle HHN crowds. I just think they'll move the sprungs back should Nintendo stretch into that piece of land

If it isn't for the two parade buildings being currently constructed (I think one was finished though); I would believe you. But that I honestly have doubts that they will simply 'move' the Sprung Tents.

If they ever made a Potter maze with dementors and such... you could access it from Knockturn Alley and pop right out the back of Diagon into Universal's employee lot. They have no qualms about shutting it down for Grad Bash (the surface level, everyone has to park in the garage.)

Heck, you can put a maze for any IP there and have it enter/exit via the service road using Fear Factor - it's an entry point they use for Grad Bash.