HHN Drink Changes | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Drink Changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well thought it was good thing but then not. Hollywood is serving beer and wine for first time. But all is 12$!!!!! That is freaking insane for beer like just ridiculous

Well, at least Hollywood is selling booze of some kind. Now you might get super duper incredible houses in the future with fewer black walls!
Seems Moe's in H'wood is serving liquor while O'town Moe's is beer only. Maybe they only have one set of bottles and shipped them there?

I think what we're seeing is going to be closer to where we end up than we were before. We're going to see higher prices and fewer choices. There are a number of reasons why:

1. Fewer drunks - Making drinks more expensive is going to curb the number of drinks that people buy. Changing over the tents from serving liquor to beer and premixed drinks reduces over pouring. This also benefits the park by reducing potential liability.

2. Faster lines - Simplifying the menus at the tents to draft beer and premixed drinks allows the lines to move faster and they can improve throughput. This combined with higher prices will theoretically lead to more profitability.

3. Reduced overhead - Cutting the blood bags and the labor costs associated with them reduces overhead and again could increase profitability. This is the hardest sell, because it's hard to say what the cost of those blood bags were and how much were sold per hour. Are they tipped labor? Etc. They could actually be making a huge mistake with this one and I think this is the one most likely to be reversed.

Overall, I think tents will stay the same, the prices will stay higher, but I think the shot girls are coming back.

Confirming liquor at duff. Got Dufftoberfest at 8.50 (not 12$ and someone ordered a double.) They also now have bottles of swamp head at the carts for 8.50. (Gainesville craft) so they are trying to offer a variety.

Reactions: romo
Im bummed to hear about the blood bags (even though they are gross and overpriced its' a tradition to do one with my friends), but I'm kind of surprised that higher ups are worried about the "reputation" of the event... I NEVER really thought it had a "boozy" reputation... I'm not a local so I could just be ignorant. Violent/Dark/Crowded and full of teens... yes... boozy no? It doesn't seem to have anything on The World Showcase as far as I can see. I hope things go back to normal and it seems that things aren't as bad as some of the rumors suggest. $$$ probably talks the loudest so hopefully they noticed a slight decrease from the new booze strategy. I like it to be avail for other adults who want it... I'll probably have a beer or a drink around 6pm... a bloodbag .. and then coffee and redbull the rest of the night to keep going until 2am.... #old.

Reactions: graspthesun
As a local, it does have somewhat of a 'boozy' reputation. I know more than a few parents that get nervous at their teens attending due to the stories of drunks doing stupid things at the event. Compared to events with similar amounts of alchohol served, like Mardi Gras and Howl O Scream, it has more of a stigma.

I know there was a time when I felt UoR can sometimes be seen as drunky town, but that was when I would go and they were always pushing big cups that were worn as a necklace (maybe Mardi Grad)...but Disney's EPCOT quickly took the title when trying to see food and drunk on a weekend with the family.

This all seems bizarre to me, did anything happen at employee preview to cause everyone to pay the price? I can't imagine they have a loss associated with alcohol, maybe less than they account for, so maybe pre mixed makes sense to someone.

But, the pre gaming that happens anyway...but do they really want me taken breaks at City Walk or back at the hotel?

I do not drink often, but I tend to stay on site, figure I am on vacation and why the heck not?

Seems Moe's in H'wood is serving liquor while O'town Moe's is beer only. Maybe they only have one set of bottles and shipped them there?

Moes at UO is indeed beer only, but the Duff Gardens across the street has liquor. Duff Gardens/Finnegans/Chez Alcatraz are the only spots service liquor other than the premixed 0.00003 ABV Orange and Grape Drank.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
On Friday there were no bottles evident at Duff Brewery (nee Duff Gardens), a change from past 2 years.

There are traditionally alcoholic drinks, like a margarita, available, pre-mixed. For $4.50. No way they have booze at that price.

Occam's Razor: Duff was to serve liquor, including pouring shots in frozen drinks, pulled at last minute.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I doubt "overpouring" has much of anything to do with not having as much liquor availible this year. All the mixed drinks were measured out specifically.

:cool::cool:

Why does that look more Potter than Finns??
Easier for pictures. I have a table pic from Finns somewhere that looks like the one from leaky. We started with a double table and kept pulling more in til we got a stern talking to about how pissed the other servers were getting. That is when the first come rules were changed so you can blame the reservation cluster on us. Strange as we were buying twice the food and drinks per table than the others were. Our server was smiling and running for a few hours til the hold was released.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
A couple questions to anyone in the know...
1. Do they still sell Fosters anywhere, and if so, how much? Last year we could only find it at one bar near Jaws. There was a time when they were selling them at the carts all over the place, but I haven't seen it like that the past couple years.
2. Is a beer really $12 each from the carts? If so, there goes my budget.
3. Anyone see any pumpkin beers available?

Last edited: