T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
F&F goes into San Fransisco but it's based in LA.
The attraction is going to be set in San Francisco, though. Part of the ongoing appeal of the movie series is that each one is set in different cities and locales around the world, like the last one had a car chase in New York City, and other movies have been to places like Tokyo, Dubai, Miami, London, and many others.

The attraction is going to be set in San Francisco, though. Part of the ongoing appeal of the movie series is that each one is set in different cities and locales around the world, like the last one had a car chase in New York City, and other movies have been to places like Tokyo, Dubai, Miami, London, and many others.

Changing the area from San Francisco to Tokyo would have been awesome now that I think about it.

There’s a few ways they could frame Bond with it being set in Hollywood. Personally, I’d hope they go a more “Cinemagic” feel where the movie comes to life. Either way, the vibe I’d get a sense of with the show is essentially Indiana Jones meets T2:3D. Set changes are done instantaneously on-screen. I expect a motorcycle/car chase that starts live action and transitions into the screen. Hopefully they’ll have move live action fights that shift back and forth between the screen (specifically like when Arnold moves into the screen at the finale).

As long as it has move live action and less watching a film (which is something I always had an annoyance of in T2, I’ll be thrilled.

Yeah, I don't think Bond and F&F are IPs where location particular matters. Would Bond being in London fit more? Definitely, yes. But:
1) Bond movies rarely take place in London. They're generally at some other locale. Bond himself just happens to be British.
2) The London we currently have is the London of the Wizarding World. Bond would stick out like a sore thumb.
3) There's simply no space if MoM happens without removing MIB... for a show, which would be ridiculous.
As for F&F, I think location matters even LESS there. It could literally take place in any part of the world as long as there's Vin Deisel, fast cars, and explosions. It's not a particularly location-based series.

I thought San Francisco is closed when Diagon Alley moved in.

No that was Amity Island and JAWS.

San Francisco is where Disaster/Earthquake and Beetlejuice was.

Richter's Burgers, Lombards Landing and a little Fisherman's Wharf theming still remains in the area.

I would have loved Tokyo to replace San Francisco because it'd give the park some nice variety while still being cohesive. You'd have Hollywood and Production Central, which make okay sense in Universal Studios, plus three of the world's biggest cities with New York, Tokyo, and London, and then Springfield which is a satiric take on middle American cities. Not that San Francisco breaks this, but it's just another American city. Tokyo would stick to this general theme while giving some variety in architecture, dining, shopping, etc. Besides that, World Expo and KidZone are the only ones that stick out, and those are likely not long for this world anyway. (Although KidZone is being replaced by SNW... a part of me still feels like it stands out like a sore thumb in USF. I give it a pass because they don't have much space, although part of me still wouldn't mind if it's in Park 3 just because of cohesiveness. But that's an aside for another thread.)

Reactions: Iwalkpluto

No that was Amity Island and JAWS.

San Francisco is where Disaster/Earthquake and Beetlejuice was.

Richter's Burgers, Lombards Landing and a little Fisherman's Wharf theming still remains in the area.

yep as mentioned...and I imagine Richter's is a play on the 'scale', so they have neat stuff in there like this:

36907617803_4618fc9a95_c.jpg

Reactions: tankart150
I would have loved Tokyo to replace San Francisco because it'd give the park some nice variety while still being cohesive. You'd have Hollywood and Production Central, which make okay sense in Universal Studios, plus three of the world's biggest cities with New York, Tokyo, and London, and then Springfield which is a satiric take on middle American cities. Not that San Francisco breaks this, but it's just another American city. Tokyo would stick to this general theme while giving some variety in architecture, dining, shopping, etc. Besides that, World Expo and KidZone are the only ones that stick out, and those are likely not long for this world anyway. (Although KidZone is being replaced by SNW... a part of me still feels like it stands out like a sore thumb in USF. I give it a pass because they don't have much space, although part of me still wouldn't mind if it's in Park 3 just because of cohesiveness. But that's an aside for another thread.)

Well the big problem is that Tokyo isn't heavily and mostly themed to Hollywood filmmakers, as with New York and San Francisco, neither does London and Paris. Besides, what's in it for Tokyo? What kind of ride it will have?

Reactions: tankart150