Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we get into which IP deserves more argument, hasn't time taught us that some IPs that die off come back bigger than ever (Marvel) and some IPs that were big kinda don't matter anymore (Ghostbusters).

I know Disneyhead said Far Far Away was going to be a park weenie however last time I checked most parks don't only have one Weenie but multiple. Until we actually see a park design nothing suggests that this will be a hub and spoke style park like Magic Kingdom and even then you can't see the Castle Everywhere nor do I think all the other big level attractions would get anything less than Far Far Away.

Biggest thing I think is whether or not Universal is going to do huge lands with subsections based on IPs or one IP per area which then strongly limits what can be seen in the park. They could easily turn Far Far Away into medieval fantasy land with rides etc based off their fantasy properties, etc. That actually is how Disney Sea is not solely IP based but thematic lands with attractions that fit it. Mysterious Island being multiple IPs? (Don't know if Jules Verne counts as an IP but).

Based on the concepts and speculation we got today, I'll throw my blue sky idea onto the table. Look under the spoiler tag if you want to see a very lengthy explanation of the very unlikely type of park I'm hoping for.

The park would be called Universal's Wonder Valley. The park’s theme is one of wonder and fantasy, bringing to life whimsical worlds full of life and magic. The centerpiece of the park is Wonder Mountain, a large, vibrant, beautiful mountain that towers over the entire park. The park is comparable to Tokyo Disneysea, in that it contains several extremely hyper-themed lands based off beautiful vistas.

nFiQx1Cr6NUUdyEU7B1xnUcgIzupgkgRkqvAoNBMzMvAj-xT8ULrsbaxeCYBEzV9RrfxqUjl6wX07SJScVR-k14J0qRYu_kpRi55bh_sjXqAIUx5LEnSsRArhmdHCktmkP34CkD8

Wonder Mountain would look similar to this, however with a more distinct, iconic, and vibrant design.

The whole park would be aiming for that similar feel to TDS, having lands that are immersive, detailed, atmospheric, and beautiful to look at. The park's seven lands would include:
  • Wonder Valley - The opening area to the park, with the look of a humble, mountainside village. It'd be cute, homey, and lead up to the inside of the huge mountain. In a unique twist, the park's MK-style hub will actually be on the inside of the mountain. Guests can explore the interior caves, full of colorful, shiny crystals, before going out into the lands.
z5M3Aedd9edR3eHxLmu3TIBrNg_j1ytWWvjklQ1sCwbIbMj8QicocdJcuUu-K2LV8gtyFcAXoYm1u8oh45b4uWsHvxYU-TW1A1hlV46DZz6Jz19T7WkKoVicCkcY933cs_4o613z

• DreamWorks Point - The park's prime area for families, and the first one guests visit if they go in a counterclockwise order. The area features mini-areas based off the DreamWorks properties of Shrek and Kung Fu Panda, as well as a few smaller spots based off other IPs. Guests can explore a small portion of Far Far Away and Shrek's Swamp, ride the family coaster Far Far Away Express, as well as go on the huge, e-ticket water ride Shrek's Fairytale Tour, that takes guests on an irreverent and goofy river cruise through the world of Shrek. Guests can also check out a small portion of the Valley of Peace, featuring the interactive dark ride Kung Fu Panda: Defenders of Awesomeness, as well as the teacup attraction Mr. Ping's Noodle Bowl Spin and Mr. Ping's Noodle Shop itself. Besides these two mini-lands, there's also an area featuring a Trolls dance party and gift shop for young children, and an expansion pad for any future successful DWA properties.
BmeWzaFYOR-A2Op9HJS4br6MYkNV_sOlnNoshpZKOCIeydKe612FH7fdrWXg_atnNgIcqLvmNf_p5B7qLDb4iEWl7O-EZg1MQ6m2tW0QuqF_M1bA0UHvS-lTuZK8jXxLZNf1UYb_
DdUG5hTeKXnkSgQbphweJ1-88rDHsFjJ2_dY5LvLnW0ZCSjSWy1BmILlVPT6FhcdWAl0dMLqz3fIW7VFE3FrzzvEuU8SNjVeyq2CkuzPmWudfPWObyR9PLlx5FLUQT6OE2qczkyb
  • J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World: Europe - Moving on, the third Wizarding World to join a Universal park is based off the 1920s' Europe depicted in the Fantastic Beasts sequels. The area is themed to 1920s' Paris and features a variety of themed shopping and dining, and most importantly, a Fantastic Beasts e-ticket indoor coaster. This attraction uses plot elements and set-pieces from the sequels, however the queue for the attraction is the interior of Newt's iconic briefcase. This area is actually relatively small in comparison to the other Wizarding Worlds and the other lands in the park, but has a decent amount of expansion room for future attractions based off future locations and plot points in the franchise.
OzsdutxV3LRqTvqkey2d3o5fORsfJasthpHAyXev7EFbQTI4kvk5HJQKJx3hVdLkNpcbg4otD07JNCcLqW4oGqkp1D29RY6RnwNmkLR4fLQkwkaM6SE3mlTMfH2VvntLK9z07bNd
  • Middle-Earth - The marquee new world of Wonder Valley is the first-ever theme park representation of Middle-Earth. One of the biggest theme park lands ever at over 20 acres, this area recreates the stunning landscapes, the amazing atmosphere, and the exciting adventures of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit series. Iconic areas included in this expansion are the Shire, featuring a simple family indoor and outdoor carriage ride called Gandalf's Firework Festival, Rivendell, which features the thrilling kuka dark ride e-ticket Lord of the Rings: Flight of the Eagles, and Mordor, which features a next-gen drop ride past the level of ToT, Dark Tower of Mordor.
9s0LBB3ZSbQgj9-Pvbzvrl85ozcS-1_nmVk3Ef_VqDn94ympogKHZq-LZWECIgr0ufRoXv06ZTB0SPaKdt9bUKag2CHonyLbIkyE5gTaQ3EbqlWnG_oAtg6xfX2UANxRGNY4MpV6
UHUOhhEOrUiVum6IwWa56mKBvCZerH00GbQwsxHinTwTTLHd7aPk6aN4ePcPmx32SNMswHLDjgITtCHg8g8Oo7JM-FWBIm60WhBiUjxer5wDh5Ka5fxgxRmoj2q0dYL7l4LWktXv
  • Super Nintendo World: Zelda's Kingdom - In this park’s version of Super Nintendo World, instead of exploring the world of Mario, guests discover the world of the Legend of Zelda. Guests can pass through the iconic Hyrule Field and enter Hyrule Castle Town, which features a large variety of themed shopping and dining. The area's main attraction can be found inside the Temple of Time, with The Legend of Zelda: Battle for Hyrule, a thrilling, but family friendly dark ride mixing together trackless ride vehicles, unique interactivity, and large sets based off iconic locales from the Zelda series. Guests can also watch The Legendary Story of Zelda, a large-scale live show that retells the epic story of Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and the Triforce, as well as enter the Lost Woods, a unique walk-through maze attraction.
mouqi8VKVPRX6CGNwx8cAYF62m0qAfQMiSRZ17iSmTCjB1nZvmMhEhmgAx1CovGCbcYrEBWdSKSMh55DRZf8zHYOlw0qExW1Iq5HAsOmiInGFmgOTrxYs9vtfiFRv6dE_tlUvwln
Y4I5rLYKG-uxlhpMYE8i7sgvMJBuI5goWvtwsHgcBat4lVobq5JgIvWEDTWcdbS6Wp02g0vLxMAEmOuuGBSJ_Z5-yetMtYOcwzeExltjm8z5vnwe3FnEfvdX0rXyXsuJYpLETnp9
  • Pokemon Park - Next up in the valley is a land based off the land of Pokémon; despite being a Nintendo property, the area doesn’t use the Super Nintendo World moniker, to distinguish it from the Zelda area. However, the area is still extremely packed with things to do and locations from Pokémon games. With an aesthetic based off the first four generations, guests can walk around a Route, a town, and a Safari Zone, all of which are inhabited by dozens of Pokémon animatronics. Attractions-wise, there's the e-ticket Pokémon Snap Safari that takes guests straight into wild Pokémon habitats for a photo safari, as well as a spinner based off several flying Pokémon called Flight of the Pokémon and a whip ride based off mount Pokémon called Wild Pokémon Spin. One of the area's key, unique attractions is an experience that essentially combines technology used in Turtle Talk with Crush, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Jedi Training Academy, and Ollivanders to recreate the experience of choosing a Pokémon starter and battling against a trainer.
5CEAvtuFKUGSFEHmmNikrEVE5Wu9W2DFvdIoL114wqcZi4i1k7C0w4KJ7ETuQREfToUP45BVyPzm-eBsztH9GuHaxP5LxyAjI9EuoZYd-V8f5dxqS-bwSFMC7EsaWqbJd5aU4uhU
e1oAQuVyS7xwNkfC4Y-LmhI6eliVJfe3ioUj857px6C50Z2g69npDevamEeDTn9f73ZEg6wtfrpbmYvLmcNO3CSQwZpIL8VjUD16soTJr5i-hgbKxWuGJGhjk0E2J-4A4s7iIW_t
  • Jurassic World - The final area in the park is a recreation of the fictional jungle vacation resort of Jurassic World. The park looks just as it does in the films, full of interesting activities to check out, attractions to ride, and animatronic dinosaurs to admire. The area features the two large-scale attractions: The Jurassic World Gyrosphere Experience, a state-of-the-art mega e-ticket using never-before-seen technology in mixture with animatronics and projections. The other large-scale attraction is The Flying Dinosaur - similar in concept to the attraction in Japan, but this time with an aviary facade that the large steel inverted coaster weaves in and out of. Besides these attractions, there's also the Jurassic World Innovation Center to explore the inside of, Dinosaur Training, stage show using puppetry and live actors to educate and entertain guests, and Camp Jurassic.
CUlr61mih0kYfm8a8xlMzE1Jc6jQQ5iHtuOaCmPpnQX3ZIaD66Ki2GVjcJb7Ylgl9sORdwPxs22sSE4_OcZzeKajitDDqTM-5juBdjSJ8bLNiE06U19ip2cOXS-BZVA4FJr5owZm
TGN4CHG6luFNyuimNCaUTxWQzBmQYhmPFp5mYYkgjm3p-wmf0dXbajFtNJR6Hc5mGdcBJhD1NdjCVQ-ARxGlcqMifn-WoJjAD-x47VHhrBxPxMnuQaFLJolhoCxsx_C4xkIgm63O

Well we get into which IP deserves more argument, hasn't time taught us that some IPs that die off come back bigger than ever (Marvel) and some IPs that were big kinda don't matter anymore (Ghostbusters).

I know Disneyhead said Far Far Away was going to be a park weenie however last time I checked most parks don't only have one Weenie but multiple. Until we actually see a park design nothing suggests that this will be a hub and spoke style park like Magic Kingdom and even then you can't see the Castle Everywhere nor do I think all the other big level attractions would get anything less than Far Far Away.

Biggest thing I think is whether or not Universal is going to do huge lands with subsections based on IPs or one IP per area which then strongly limits what can be seen in the park. They could easily turn Far Far Away into medieval fantasy land with rides etc based off their fantasy properties, etc. That actually is how Disney Sea is not solely IP based but thematic lands with attractions that fit it. Mysterious Island being multiple IPs? (Don't know if Jules Verne counts as an IP but).
He pretty much hinted that the street from Shrek 2 would be the Main Street of the park and the Castle from Shrek would be in the Cinderella Castle spot.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Apparently, this is the stumbling block…

Hmmm... everyone here should keep coughing up ideas and help them out! Maybe your idea will be the lucky winner!
Like I said. I’m sticking with a steampunkish vehicle that “carries you” to the different lands in the park.

Rocket Ship
Zeppelin
Ferry boat

One of those three parked at dock or port is your hub. The spokes are piers/docks that radiate out.

I’m now REALLY sold on a grand, four/five story ferry boat that features a restaurant and an original dark-ride that features the “discovery and founding” of the park.

EDIT-

-_-

I know a couple people in Creative... I’m not sure how they’d respond to a “heard y’all are stumped, here’s my idea” conversation...

Like I said. I’m sticking with a steampunkish vehicle that “carries you” to the different lands in the park.

Rocket Ship
Zeppelin
Ferry boat

One of those three parked at dock or port is your hub. The spokes are piers/docks that radiate out.

I’m now REALLY sold on a grand, four/five story ferry boat that features a restaurant and an original dark-ride that features the “discovery and founding” of the park.

EDIT-

-_-

I know a couple people in Creative... I’m not sure how they’d respond to a “heard y’all are stumped, here’s my idea” conversation...

Oh, I like this idea. Make it a big amalgam of an outrigger, a Viking long boat, a Chinese junk, etc. Make it a representation of the spirit of discovery as a reasoning behind all the different cultural touches or something, and use the sails for a nightly projection/fireworks show

I hope a hub holdup isn’t the blasé reason because they’re trying to figure out a suitable BUILDING. A weenie/icon can be whatever they want it to be. The only thing it needs to be is big and interesting.

The IDEA of a journey with a vehicle hasn’t been done in Florida yet, and I can’t really think of any other park that has gone that direction either.

And a boat/ship icon would pair absurdly well with a volcano and a lighthouse.

Even though they were a bit different than these ideas, the river boats at AK and the lagoon boats at IOA weren't exactly attracting long lines of people wanting to experience the trip. That 50's 60's vibe is kind of dull by today's theme park standards.

Even though they were a bit different than these ideas, the river boats at AK and the lagoon boats at IOA weren't exactly attracting long lines of people wanting to experience the trip. That 50's 60's vibe is kind of dull by today's theme park standards.

Actually, one of the reasons there isn't a boat ride in DAK anymore is because the lines were TOO long.

Parks like IoA and DAK should have transportation rides like them. Still drives me crazy they're gone. Tokyo DisneySea has steamer boat transportation, and I hope Park 3 has something similar for UOR

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Those were also dinky little practical, water shuttles. What I’m proposing isn’t an actual boat but rather something on the scale of a cruise-ship, just far more visibly interesting.

I’ll do some sketch stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for DC Comics to stop being a idiot and come to Universal....
THIS :agree:

I've always wanted DC to drop Six Flags and come to the big leagues. Give Universal something to fight Disney with Marvel. I would LOVE to see those two Titans fight to the death with Action Hero attractions.

It is daunting. These are just examples, but how would you glue them together, how would you justify them?

LOTR
NINTENDO
MARVEL
ILLUMINATION
STAR TREK
DREAMWORKS
FANTASTIC BEASTS

I mean... yeeesh!

I hope a hub holdup isn’t the blasé reason because they’re trying to figure out a suitable BUILDING. A weenie/icon can be whatever they want it to be. The only thing it needs to be is big and interesting.

The IDEA of a journey with a vehicle hasn’t been done in Florida yet, and I can’t really think of any other park that has gone that direction either.

And a boat/ship icon would pair absurdly well with a volcano and a lighthouse.

I like the idea, but feel it fits IOA better. Port of entry, Islands, a huge ship in the center of the lagoon. To do that at a new park would lead to a lot of repetition of IOA's theming IMO. It's a shame too, cause theres a lot they could do with it.

Whatever it is, I just hope it lends itself to a big nighttime show. If the new park isn't set up for that and parades I'll be disappointed.

It is daunting. These are just examples, but how would you glue them together, how would you justify them?

LOTR
NINTENDO
MARVEL
ILLUMINATION
STAR TREK
DREAMWORKS
FANTASTIC BEASTS

I mean... yeeesh!

IMO, do a spin on the Tokyo DisneySea idea. Have them all be connected by water/be exotic ports of call. Illumination probably wouldn't work for that, which is why I'd personally fit those properties into the Studios park.

I like the idea, but feel it fits IOA better. Port of entry, Islands, a huge ship in the center of the lagoon. To do that at a new park would lead to a lot of repetition of IOA's theming IMO. It's a shame too, cause theres a lot they could do with it.

Whatever it is, I just hope it lends itself to a big nighttime show. If the new park isn't set up for that and parades I'll be disappointed.

I could theoretically see that, but realistically IoA doesn't really execute that theme very well now. Maybe it did at one time, but it doesn't now.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for DC Comics to stop being a idiot and come to Universal....
It can't. Six Flags supposedly has the US rights until somewhere around 2027.

Even if Universal wanted it; at most they'd be able to work out a Florida exemption to the next Six Flags-TW contract for US rights to DC theme parks. But it's hard to see any shift on that until Six Flags and Warner negotiate the next extension of that contract.

Reactions: JungleSkip

LOTR
NINTENDO
MARVEL
ILLUMINATION
STAR TREK
DREAMWORKS
FANTASTIC BEASTS

I mean... yeeesh!
“Justify” is a loaded requirement. The last thing people are really focused on in if the park’s weenie is practical and logical enough to fit ALL the things.

But again... a boat/ship works. The only one of those franchises that isn’t land based (and therefore, doesn’t have water access) is Star Trek, and that’s all about exploration on a vessel that follows Naval rank-structure and terminology.

The answer is a boat.

LOTR
NINTENDO
MARVEL
ILLUMINATION
STAR TREK
DREAMWORKS
FANTASTIC BEASTS

I mean... yeeesh!
I always thought the obvious common denominator for the next park is the concept of time (i.e. Jurassic is prehistoric, Zelda games deal with time travel, various DreamWorks movies like Croods or HTTYD deal with historic setups, Star Trek is way into the future, Middle Earth/LOTR has ancient earth themes, Fantastic Beasts is setup in "past" Harry Potter world).

The question is what represents "time"? And how to build a hub around that. A mountain could be timeless; I know others have mentioned something like a Universal Mountain of sorts. But it's just hard because time is such a nebulous concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.