Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 193 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been reading a lot of hate regarding this upcoming attraction. I can understand if your not excited for the IP attached to it. But, I'm a strong believer that you can't judge an attraction until you've experienced it first hand. So until I've ridden the ride I won't make a judgment. Also, I think we should just be happy that it's a Universal franchise. I'm aware that it's based on the attraction in Hollywood. But, there going to be completely different experiences. So I have hope. I thought Fallon was a terrible idea. But, the exterior is a major upgrade compared to Twister and the ride and queue is entertaining. That's my personal opinion.

I appreciate your optimism, and hope that you end up being right, but I think a lot of the pessimism comes from a mixture of screen fatigue (which seems to be an issue that is being addressed in the very near future), the amount of space being used for the screen based attraction, and the fact that, whether they like the franchise or not, many people seem to agree that the franchise deserved a better attraction - one that actually went fast - something along the lines of a Fast and Furious themed Test Track attraction.

Totally agree with you on the Universal franchise point though. Really want to see more Universal franchise based attractions added, and would like if Universal Creative would show them the same attention to detail that they have shown Harry Potter, and will be showing Nintendo.

All that being said, I will admit to being just a tiny bit excited to see how this attraction ends up shaping up. I really want to be proven wrong here.

I've been reading a lot of hate regarding this upcoming attraction. I can understand if your not excited for the IP attached to it. But, I'm a strong believer that you can't judge an attraction until you've experienced it first hand. So until I've ridden the ride I won't make a judgment. Also, I think we should just be happy that it's a Universal franchise. I'm aware that it's based on the attraction in Hollywood. But, there going to be completely different experiences. So I have hope. I thought Fallon was a terrible idea. But, the exterior is a major upgrade compared to Twister and the ride and queue is entertaining. That's my personal opinion.

I appreciate your point of view. I think also people are upset of the possibilities of what we could have gotten versus what we are getting. It's going to be a great addition attached to a popular IP but I do feel that they could have tried a little harder to push the envelope.

Reactions: WebHead1138
I appreciate your optimism, and hope that you end up being right, but I think a lot of the pessimism comes from a mixture of screen fatigue (which seems to be an issue that is being addressed in the very near future), the amount of space being used for the screen based attraction, and the fact that, whether they like the franchise or not, many people seem to agree that the franchise deserved a better attraction - one that actually went fast - something along the lines of a Fast and Furious themed Test Track attraction.
:agree:

Screen Fatigue more than anything for me. Even though they weren't well attended and/or in a state of disrepair, we lost two physical attractions and a live show for 2 screen rides in Fallon and F&F.
At the very least, we have significantly improved facades. But more than anything, we need some physical attractions to come to fruition at USF.

Trading out a screen ride like Shrek for Fallon and F&F and trading out a physical attraction like Disaster/Twister/FFL for a physical attraction like MoM and SLoP are very solid trades and improvements. Not just rides/screen fatigue, but facades and overall park flow/theming as well.
Unfortunately, for those that don't follow rumors/news- I.e., the large majority/General Public who go to USF- It's just gonna be painful until those come online. If they thought they had a lot of screen rides before Fallon, it's only going to get worse before it gets better... hopefully. And I only say hopefully because I'm in a "prove it" mentality for UOR. I'm not getting excited for much until they build actual physical attractions.

Thanks everyone for all the responses.

I mostly agree with everyone's opinions. Especially screen fatigue. Will just have to wait it out and see what attractions Universal has planned for the future.

Reactions: ChuggLyfe
Can anyone imagine what F&F Supercharged in florida would look like? I know it's 3d screen and all, but being that the ride follows the same footsteps as Kongfrontation, Jaws, and Skull Island: Reign of Kong, it be probably a simulator ride like the Simpsons and Despicable Me.

Can anyone imagine what F&F Supercharged in florida would look like? I know it's 3d screen and all, but being that the ride follows the same footsteps as Kongfrontation, Jaws, and Skull Island: Reign of Kong, it be probably a simulator ride like the Simpsons and Despicable Me.
It's probably exactly the same movement tech as the 3D tunnel from Skull Island, but without the several new scenes preceding it. A clone of the tram tour version of Supercharged from Hollywood, but with the Golden Gate bridge added into the background.

I wish it would end up being more than that, but I fear that's all we're getting.

At least the preshow will be musion again. I really liked that about Disaster.

It's probably exactly the same movement tech as the 3D tunnel from Skull Island, but without the several new scenes preceding it. A clone of the tram tour version of Supercharged from Hollywood, but with the Golden Gate bridge added into the background.

I wish it would end up being more than that, but I fear that's all we're getting.

At least the preshow will be musion again. I really liked that about Disaster.

F&F could have became a test track, but the patent application with Disney kinda prevents that, let alone the space USF have now.