Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

It’s more fun for me. I can go into greater detail, but that’s what it boils down to. Flight of Passage just isn’t very fun for me. Kong is a lot of fun for me. That’s it.

Ok, and cuz I’m honestly curious and not trying to be a jerk...

But your opinion is so far outside of norms that in a focus group I’d assume you were a) mad at the company and lying to try and wreck the data, b) a sociopath with similar goals, c) a narcissist who only wants to hear them self talk and will say anything.

I don’t think you’re any of those brands of crazy... but again, that ranking is so far out of norms it’s unheardof. It shouldn’t exist. Statistically your opinion can’t exist.

So that leaves questions about what measures you’re using.. and we know lost standard metrics people use and the one that’s totally off the wall sometimes is the reaction of others.

Like, you’d have to had rode with your mother, and she really loved Kong and you see her joy every time you ride it. And the you ride FOP with your lying cheating boyfriend or some other person you resent and they enjoyed it so you reactively don’t enjoy it in protest.

He doesn’t have to. Preferences are entirely personal.

My favorite movie is Mortal Instruments: City of Bone. You can list hundreds of movies that are objectively better. But I don’t have to explain WHY I prefer it.

Stop being so confrontational about preferences.

Preferences aren’t at all personal.

But then it’s not an actionable thing. You can’t make more rides to fit that preference because there’s no rhyme or reason behind it.
There is a rhyme or reason behind it. It's just not something you can articulate. Plus FOP and Kong are completely different attractions in pacing, tone, etc. Literally the only similarity is screen usage. Stop hyper-analyzing different people's opinions as if it proves absolutely anything. :rolleyes:

I almost choked. Someone actually likes Kong more than FOP. Kong in my eyes is barely a "ride", more like carrousel of progress 2.0 but with screens.

About that connection or lack there of, I teared up after my first ride. I've always wondered how it felt to fly like an eagle. I felt a connection with the landscape and "nature". Its almost like a dream.

I’ve only rode FOP once and Kong twice, but I honesty can’t say I would want to ride FOP more than Kong. I enjoy Kong a lot and I enjoyed FOP, but I think it’s highly overrated.

Technically speaking I shouldn't exist either. If I was given the choice of only riding FOP or Kong I'd pick Kong.

Personally, the Avatar IP does nothing for me. For example, I'm a self confessed Potter head and if FOP was in Hogsmeade and you're flying on the back of a breathing hippogriff I would bet a handsome amount of money I'd enjoy it more and I'd imagine the ride would be talked about a lot more positively on these boards...

That's not to say FOP is bad in anyway, it's a very very good ride system but it's been said a thousand times that it is utilizing a bad IP and I just don't feel any connection to it at all. Whereas with Kong, I'm familiar with what's happening, it's an easy story line to follow and I don't have to think too much and to me that's enough to enjoy it more than FOP. Appreciate that probably made me sound quite plastic but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Connection...?

If you have a connection to the Cars franchise in some deep emotional way, I worry about you.

"He's so relate-able and like me in how I was like "ka-chow!" man... so much ka-chow! *weeps*"

I guess seeing a character grow and mature to develop relationships with people (or cars in this instance) beyond himself resonates with me somehow? He goes from an egotesticle know it all, to someone that gets it is important to care about and work with others. Most people grow out of that egotesticle, know it all phase and see that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. I would think that is where the heart/connection of the story comes in that people in the general population can connect too.

Sadly, some people never grow out of that phase.

I almost choked. Someone actually likes Kong more than FOP. Kong in my eyes is barely a "ride", more like carrousel of progress 2.0 but with screens.

About that connection or lack there of, I teared up after my first ride. I've always wondered how it felt to fly like an eagle. I felt a connection with the landscape and "nature". Its almost like a dream.

After my first ride I said, “People waited four hours for THAT?” and went to ride Dinosaur, a far superior ride.

I’m glad y’all had some insane spiritual connection to The Simpsons Ride with Bikes, but I didn’t, and that’s okay.

I didn't realize people hated Kong so much. I mean it started as just a tram ride movie, so we got a lot more than what I was expecting. Possible expectations were just too high? The original Kong attraction was incredible of course, but those days are long gone.

It's funny we are talking about IPs...Kong is an icon...but....

I still think Avatar is a better film then any of the King Kong movies, classic or modern. So sue me.

I think all Kong movies have been pretty average. The Peter Jackson one, was probably the "best", but still had it's share of problems. Mainly due to it's absurd length. I haven't seen Skull Island though.

I think all Kong movies have been pretty average. The Peter Jackson one, was probably the "best", but still had it's share of problems. Mainly due to it's absurd length. I haven't seen Skull Island though.

Oh, I was talking about the rides.

SKULL ISLAND is a lot of fun. Great kaiju b-movie, but the original Kong is the best movie.

Oh, I was talking about the rides.

SKULL ISLAND is a lot of fun. Great kaiju b-movie, but the original Kong is the best movie.

What? You crazy. The Queue is superior, but going through retro NYC in the air trolley was way better. Even if the ride system was a little out dated and corny. I also miss walking through the Kong scarezone at HHN.

What? You crazy. The Queue is superior, but going through retro NYC in the air trolley was way better. Even if the ride system was a little out dated and corny. I also miss walking through the Kong scarezone at HHN.

To each their own. I think KONGFRONTATION as a whole to be super corny. And the black sheets standing in for the night sky really brought the room together. Original ride was fun, but new one is the complete package.

I can't pass judgement on FOP since I've not actually experienced it, and You Tube videos are not a good indicator of "any" attraction's quality. However, a number of people have described it as being similar to Simpson's & Back to the Future, albeit with much better screen quality, so I'm sure I'll like it since I love Simpsons & BTTF. But, to me, I fully ascribe to legendary Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter's theory that an attraction's true worth can best be judged after many repeat rides (he uses 20 as the benchmark), since you don't fully experience it through the first few rides. This kind of gets around the problem of expectations being too high or too low. In my personal opinion attractions like Spider Man, FOP, Gringotts, Reign of Kong, Mummy, Simpsons, MIB, JPRA, Popeye and Bluto Bilge Rat's Barges, Tower of Terror, POC, Haunted Mansion, Space Ship Earth, Test Track, Star Tours II, BTM and probably a few others that escape me now, all meet that lofty standard, and are excellent attractions.Many rides I have not enjoyed enough to get anywhere near 20 rides, but all those listed I've done over 20 times. ...So, for me, I will be checking back in another year or two to see what people who ride a lot are saying about Flight of Passage. Will the march of time classify it as "Great', or "Good" , To me, that will be the standard.

Last edited:
I like Kong better than a lot of rides. It’s a good ride. I’m glad you like Flight of Passage more than it. I do not.
Eh, Kong is a ride that exists as far as i'm concerned. It's just sort of there, impeding on Jurassic Park's territory.