Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I enjoyed FoP, but I wasn't blown away. I think it has more to do with the IP and the storytelling than the ride tech.

I'm not sure what the definition of "meh" is, but I always figured it meant you thought the ride was boring or dull. Saying you "enjoyed it" doesn't really match your original impression. Although, maybe you were just trying to be snarky for fun?

Doesn't matter either way, and I can totally understand not liking or caring about the IP could effect your overall feeling about the ride/land.

I have to say the posters that tend to show a pretty strong bias against Disney, seem to be the same posters who think the attraction is lacking.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

:rolleyes:

I hate Disney so much that I've spent thousands of dollars to go to their parks in France and Japan.

I enjoyed FoP, but I wasn't blown away. I think it has more to do with the IP and the storytelling than the ride tech.

This. It's not a bad ride. The second half of it is fun. It's just not this miraculous, life changing experience. Cool tech wasted on a boring 1st half of a ride and a terrible IP.

Reactions: SeventyOne

I hate Disney so much that I've spent thousands of dollars to go to their parks in France and Japan.

This. It's not a bad ride. The second half of it is fun. It's just not this miraculous, life changing experience. Cool tech wasted on a boring 1st half of a ride and a terrible IP.

Maybe I should say...hate WDW maybe?

Also, I never used the word hate.

Maybe I should say...hate WDW maybe?

Also, I never used the word hate.

I don't hate WDW at all. I just don't lap up everything they do like it's gold. WDW's last...10 years of projects just don't speak to me like Universal's do, an outside of Star Wars and Mickey the future projects don't speak to me much either when compared to Nintendo, Ministry of Magic, Forbidden Forest, and Park 3. MK is still the best park in Orlando.

Reactions: SeventyOne
MK is still the best park in Orlando.

I used to agree, but for a childless millennial who likes a drink (or two), Universal Studios is my favorite. MK will always have a special place in my heart from growing up there, but our trips there are now similar to AK, in for our 3 FP+ (the mountains) and leave. My favorite WDW park: DHS :thumbsup:

Reactions: Andysol and UNIrd
I used to agree, but for a childless millennial who likes a drink (or two), Universal Studios is my favorite. MK will always have a special place in my heart from growing up there, but our trips there are now similar to AK, in for our 3 FP+ (the mountains) and leave. My favorite WDW park: DHS :thumbsup:

I love USF. I really do. Once Nintendo, Ministry of Magic, and SLoP open, maybe I'll give it top billing.

But at this point it doesn't have the full, complete lineup that MK does.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Joel
MK has the memba berries....USF is where it's at

USF was my favorite park but not sure if it is anymore. The loss of Twister, Jaws, Back to the Future, and now T2 might have been too much for me as a real fan of the properties. If we ever lost E.T., it would just be the final nail in the coffin. :lol:

As far as Flight of Passage, the only reason I also had that meh feeling was because.. again.. zero emotional connection to the property. Like someone else said, if it was Star Wars or Harry Potter, I might feel differently.

when Nintendo gets built undoubtedly USF will be my favorite park in Orlando
the key for me and apparently many people for FOP is the feeling of really flying
the cave scene is a great example of this

I don't think I'd call the first half of the ride boring; I found the dive at the beginning to be a really nice way to start, and I like that you get some time to take in the visuals before the action starts to ramp up. I think of it as a scenic tour that turns into an adventure (right around the point when you get to the beach, which is where I think the music kicks in).

It's a Disney attraction through and through when it comes to how it unfolds, and (to me) it's the first attraction they've put out since 2011 (Star Tours II) in WDW that's really impressive.

Connection...?

If you have a connection to the Cars franchise in some deep emotional way, I worry about you.

"He's so relate-able and like me in how I was like "ka-chow!" man... so much ka-chow! *weeps*"

Reactions: Andysol
Actually, Radiator Springs Racers does tug at a heartstring or two for some reason and I don't even know why. Especially the moment when you come across the bridge for the first time..

Cascading-Firewall-Falls-by-Tours-Departing-Daily.gif

I came back to this thread because I just saw you defending Kong in the other thread.

You like Kong more than FOP?

I’m sorry, but you’ve got some weird bias that’s unaccounted for - because you can’t even say it’s a preference for sets over screens or anything.

There’s no measurable metric where Kong is better than FOP.

Reactions: Andysol
I came back to this thread because I just saw you defending Kong in the other thread.

You like Kong more than FOP?

I’m sorry, but you’ve got some weird bias that’s unaccounted for - because you can’t even say it’s a preference for sets over screens or anything.

There’s no measurable metric where Kong is better than FOP.

I like Kong better than a lot of rides. It’s a good ride. I’m glad you like Flight of Passage more than it. I do not.

Uh... huh....

Can you at all articulate why...?
He doesn’t have to. Preferences are entirely personal.

My favorite movie is Mortal Instruments: City of Bone. You can list hundreds of movies that are objectively better. But I don’t have to explain WHY I prefer it.

Stop being so confrontational about preferences.

Reactions: captainmoch