Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They need to do what Universal did with Journey.

Pull guests from line and force them to do the test seat. There's a TM dedicated to Test Seat at the entrance and another one at merge.

And everyone at Journey is trained to be aggressive about it.

Everest single rider is usually pretty fast.

Being a single rider can shave off 10 to 20 minutes from the end of your wait on Flight of Passage. When they ask how many in your party at the ramp single riders go straight to the front to fill empty seats.

EDIT: But that’s the last room of the queue, so still have to wait the rest of the queue first.

Reactions: twebber55
The wait time is actually shorter in the afternoon and evening (as people STILL leave AK early...) unless you're there for rope drop.
Yep. It's been that way since June. Mornings have the longest lines per Touring Plans daily stats. Lines start easing after 12:00 or 1:00 PM. But even the shorter times are pretty long.

Yep. It's been that way since June. Mornings have the longest lines per Touring Plans daily stats. Lines start easing after 12:00 or 1:00 PM. But even the shorter times are pretty long.

Well, waiting for FOP is worthwhile and has stuff to look at.

Don't bother with River Journey. Just don't.

The old El Rio Del Tiempo is a better attraction.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’m planning on being there before rope drop, but I’m gonna have to see how I hold up after two days straight of all day Universal and HHN. I’ll try rope drop and then later in the afternoon.

I have to leave at five to catch my flight home so I guess one ride will do it. I want to try to try to cram in a second park before leaving.

Sorry to sound like a total n00b but I’m visiting Pandora the first time Friday. Do any of the two rides or Everest have single rider lines?
go 45 minutes early before park opening is definitely the best route. once you ride FOP the rest of the park will be walk ons for about an hour
some folks think going to ride FOP is better in the afternoon but i dont nor does touring plans

Reactions: Freak
I agree with those posted above. We visited early October on a Tuesday and were there 40 mins before opening (arrived at 8.20 for a 9am opening), Park was already open and we headed straight to FOP to be greeted with an hour(ish) wait. If you don’t get there early then do it as late in the day as you can before you need to leave.

The best way to ride FOP is a FP booked at 74 days out, due to the length of your onsite stay!

Rode the boat ride on Monday for the first time.

I thought it had maybe 2 cool scenes. The frogs and the ending but thats pretty much it. I don't know if its due to a limited budget but I felt it was way too short and needed a lot more animatronics and scenes. There was nothing really going on in this ride.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Rode the boat ride on Monday for the first time.

I thought it had maybe 2 cool scenes. The frogs and the ending but thats pretty much it. I don't know if its due to a limited budget but I felt it was way too short and needed a lot more animatronics and scenes. There was nothing really going on in this ride.

Lol, I thought you meant FOP at first and was baffled.

Lol, I thought you meant FOP at first and was baffled.

We arrived when the park opened but it was magic hours and already had a 3 hour wait so I said forget that! I would’ve done it but my GF had to leave in the afternoon to catch a plane. We did the boat ride and most of the park in that 3 hours so I’m glad we didn’t do it.

I can do it some other time since I’m not really a Avatar fan. Now Star Wars on the other hand.........

Well I got experience Pandora (Well, half of it anyway). I got to check out Flight of Passage but didn’t check out the boat ride due to time constraints and the long wait. I did it first thing in the morning and ended up waiting THREE HOURS to go on FoP.

I think the queue line is really neat. I would say it’s better than Indy’s and on-par with FJ. I had plenty of time to admire the details lol. I do think the double preshow is really annoying and kills a lot of time. They could’ve very easily cut it down to one.

The ride itself is really fun. The more thrilling aspect of it makes this probably my favorite simulator ride with Star Tours being second. I do think the 3D was totally uneccessary and actually made it look off. Other than that, good ride but I will wait no more than 45 minutes MAX for it next time.

Other than the ride, the land is visually stunning. It’s the most scenicly (if that’s a word) beautiful “land” Disney has built since Cars....that is until Galaxy’s Edge opens. Wish I had more time to explore it.

Reactions: Jones14
Had an ADR for Tiffins when I was there a few weeks ago, but after looking at the prices and what was on offer cancelled it as nothing really spoke to me to want to eat there.