Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 208 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Spidey ride as a whole wasnt new, just new screens, same basic attraction not a new ride
Hulk, same exact track lay out, just new theme, cant say thats new ride
Simpsons extension is not a new ride

Its a reach for you to call those "new rides" in between potter rides.

Thought the same thing. If one hopes for future output to be what is currently given, nothing would ever change. I hope what is next is better than Kong and Transformers. Imagine if Walt would've said "I hope my future attractions match things like Snow White Scary Adventures or Dumbo".

Thought the same thing. If one hopes for future output to be what is currently given, nothing would ever change. I hope what is next is better than Kong and Transformers. Imagine if Walt would've said "I hope my future attractions match things like Snow White Scary Adventures or Dumbo".
*side eyes Pooh, and Little Mermaid, and Flying Carpets*

Today has been a riot on the boards. Glad I was preoccupied.

Yes exactly. Those are literally ride systems that have been there since the mid-late 90's. Not new rides at all. No matter how much they want to mask and update them.

Reactions: tankart150
I know the majority of people aren't happy with this upcoming attraction. But, at least the San Franciso area will be relevant again and spice up the area. Also, if the ride does indeed turn out to be a major disappointment then let's hope it has a fun que. I personally loved the new Kong ride but the que was definitely one my favorite aspects of the new attraction. I hope Supercharged replicates this.

Reactions: Andysol
Really? You get his point.

Was the first IMAX simulator and it was ground breaking at the time and themed to an awesome IP.

I get the point but this was during an evolutionary stage. You could say that BTTF was similar to Hanna Barbera but it differed in that it was live action instead of a cartoon. Terminator 2 was the first big 3D attraction after Alfred Hitchcock. After that it started to get quite samey.

Is Steven Spielberg still consulting at Universal?

Reactions: tankart150
Where I get lost in any of this...if a 6 minute ride feels like a 2 minute ride, it failed for being too short...or did it win for being so fun that people lost track of their internal clock?

It's too difficult to answer because every ride is different. Kong is a 6 minute ride but it takes you a little over a minute from leaving the station to enter the building where nothing happens except you get to see the facade that you seen just before entering the queue a little bit closer.

Considering I said I think Kong and Transformers are great, I’d be pretty damn happy if Universals future output matched their quality. :bang:

Also, Disney has built like 75 versions of Dumbo, so maybe not the best example

Reactions: Teebin
It's too difficult to answer because every ride is different. Kong is a 6 minute ride but it takes you a little over a minute from leaving the station to enter the building where nothing happens except you get to see the facade that you seen just before entering the queue a little bit closer.

The outdoor queue section is important. If you remember, when the ride opened- there was a distinct difference of opinion on these forums- those who rode it without the outdoor queue seemed to “meh” it, while those who went on the outdoor queue seemed to enjoy it more.
I realize that’s anecdotal- but I remember that observation even being pointed out on this forum (maybe by @Mad Dog ?)

That minute certainly builds anticipation and excitement. The chants with the fire helps, and the giant doors certainly help. But I think the biggest benefit is going from bright outdoors into the dark cave. It helps sell it as an expedition and the eye adjustment makes the first scene w/ skeleton and AAs a little better.

Not sure if F&F will, or even can, offer something like that.

I know its a new building, but doesnt that load area look alot like the disaster load area? same/similar locations? and what lapbars/restraints will they have?

I know its a new building, but doesnt that load area look alot like the disaster load area? same/similar locations? and what lapbars/restraints will they have?

What? What lapbars/restraints does Kong have? It's the same exact ride vehicle. :lol:

Reactions: Ryan
I think something no one has noticed about Universal is that they have been turning into a family destination by adding family attractions and less thrill rides with speed/height. Hence the negativity some fans place on Universal. It's not that the attractions are bad, it's that the new attractions are not as thrilling as before as Universal tries to be more family friendly.

When you look at the past you can say:
-Disaster removed for Family Thrill Dark Ride that kid's wont find boring and everyone will like (teens, kids, adults)
-Twister removed a boring 'show' that people would ride for A/C and/or when wait times are high, now families WANT to ride
-Terminator, a Rated-R franchise, removed for a not as intense franchise, whatever it ends up being
-Dragon Challenge replaced by a family-thrill coaster

You can also tell this is a resort change as CityWalk has changed various restaurants to something everyone can enjoy and slowly eliminated over the past the 'Adult-Entertainment Venue' and just kept them to the upper floor.

Fast and Furious is fine.

Wow this thread took off yesterday haha

My thought isn't as much the screen issue here, we all know that's an issue in the industry as a whole.

But this IP if anything, had the stage set for a great adrenaline attraction. What sucks is that they not only are not doing the ride justice...

But they are just creating another clone?? How does this improve the general public to want to visit hollywood and orlando in their lifetime?

The park is slowly negating itself with same additions? If this IP had anything going for it, it was enough back story to create different (still similar) attractions.

I just think this is a huge miss.

I would of loved for this to be an outdoor open air ride. I'm sick of hiding in darkness inside on almost every ride now with crappy vision through 3d glasses.

One of the reasons I hated Jaws leaving. A completed open environment attraction. I was immersed!

But this IP if anything, had the stage set for a great adrenaline attraction. What sucks is that they not only are not doing the ride justice...

I completely agree. This ride is disappointing in that sense.

But they are just creating another clone?? How does this improve the general public to want to visit hollywood and orlando in their lifetime?

The amount of people that will ever visit Both is statistically insignificant. Parks don’t consider it when building attractions

I would of loved for this to be an outdoor open air ride. I'm sick of hiding in darkness inside on almost every ride now with crappy vision through 3d glasses.

You’ll get that with the new Potter coaster

How does this improve the general public to want to visit hollywood and orlando in their lifetime?

Not every ride is going to make people want to come to the park. Fallon, Simpsons, whatever they are doing with T2. None of those are going to make people book a trip. Ironically, a F&F ride regardless how good or bad it is will make people book a trip. IP matters more for trip decisions than how good the ride is.

Now how happy they are when they get off the ride is another issue completely.

In the modern theme park, I believe attractions are defined as following:

-"The Money Makers" - an IP so popular (Star Wars, Potter, F&F) that will help park attendance + merchandise.
- "Filler" - the rides added to help with capacity so that the Money Makers are not as crowded (Fallon, Kong, etc.)
- "The Rest" Whatever is added to make up for something not in the parks yet (SLOP, Slinky Dog, etc.)

I mean this ride isn’t going to be great by any means, but let’s not act like cloning a ride design is a universal thing. Disney has Pooh and Mermaid right by each other.

I mean this ride isn’t going to be great by any means, but let’s not act like cloning a ride design is a universal thing. Disney has Pooh and Mermaid right by each other.

Yes. I don't understand the hate of cloning attractions. Same tech? Yes. But the story like in Transformers/Spiderman make the rides feel so much different.

Reactions: Mad Dog