Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 209 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There is no doubt in my mind that this should've been a multi-track, multi launched roller coaster. Universal needs to stop limiting their power and potential. I feel that this will become outdated within 10 years, just like Fallon. Fallon already feels outdated by the way.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I think something no one has noticed about Universal is that they have been turning into a family destination by adding family attractions and less thrill rides with speed/height. Hence the negativity some fans place on Universal. It's not that the attractions are bad, it's that the new attractions are not as thrilling as before as Universal tries to be more family friendly.

When you look at the past you can say:
-Disaster removed for Family Thrill Dark Ride that kid's wont find boring and everyone will like (teens, kids, adults)
-Twister removed a boring 'show' that people would ride for A/C and/or when wait times are high, now families WANT to ride
-Terminator, a Rated-R franchise, removed for a not as intense franchise, whatever it ends up being
-Dragon Challenge replaced by a family-thrill coaster

You can also tell this is a resort change as CityWalk has changed various restaurants to something everyone can enjoy and slowly eliminated over the past the 'Adult-Entertainment Venue' and just kept them to the upper floor.

Fast and Furious is fine.
Some good points. And to buttress your position, I recall lots of upset reviewers when Gringotts came out because it wasn't the thrilling coaster attraction they were expecting. But, bottom line, Gringotts is a popular family attraction. It's an excellent ride, great capacity, and almost always has lots of people in line. But it didn't deliver the heavy thrills some wanted. Universal is transitioning, and that transition may leave some of the pure thrills & steel coaster crowd behind. But it is what it is. Universal sees higher guest spending from families in their on site hotels, and that's going to continue to drive the direction the resort takes. They're not going to go the toddler route Disney has taken, but they want those families with the near teener and teener children.....and on Andysol's point on Kong, yes that was my review where I said that Kong really needs the outdoor scene to set up the entire ride, story, mood, ambiance,anticipation. Absent the outdoor scene, the ride suffers.

I mean this ride isn’t going to be great by any means, but let’s not act like cloning a ride design is a universal thing. Disney has Pooh and Mermaid right by each other.

I'm sorry but though I love Spiderman/Transformers to me they feel WAY more similar than pooh and mermaid. complete with the falling off of a skyscraper finale.

There is no doubt in my mind that this should've been a multi-track, multi launched roller coaster. Universal needs to stop limiting their power and potential. I feel that this will become outdated within 10 years, just like Fallon. Fallon already feels outdated by the way.

Unfortunately, as everyone knows, Universal Studios simply just don't have the room for more E-ticket rides.

Reactions: tankart150
I assume everyone has a ride in their back pocket...I mean to grab a portion of a ride that is cloned (Kong or F&F) must save TIME as well as $$, I like that these rides all seem to be high throughput as it seems to give folks a lot of quick options (as opposed to planning to hit this at rope drop or book a trip 12 months out so one can wait until 12:01 some random night to reserve a ride that only allows one eighth of your daily visitors to ride)...

I mean, my mind seems to tell me that folks that seemed to post here w/ 'info' back b4 anyone knew what park Kong would be at...well they all seemed to know that the parks were going to change quick....they are bringing in more people it would seem...my guess it is time and need right now more so than 'high tech ride/land' that still needs development time...design time...build time....test time...

Reactions: Mad Dog
I mean to grab a portion of a ride that is cloned (Kong or F&F) must save TIME as well as $$,

Most definitely. I would have the assume there will be very little downtime with F&F as they’ve essentially been testing the ride system for 2 years w/ Kong

Having a negative opinion of something doesn't make you a troll. It also doesn't make you "wrong." It just makes you a person with an opinion. I wish some people would stop replying to every single negative comment that is ever posted. Its really annoying having to read post after post of the same thing, over and over.

I had read on another site that the vehicles are just a reskinned Kong vehicle and that the layout is exactly the same as Kong beat for beat...

On the official Universal Blog there are quite a few negative comments about this ride.
I think it's cool Universal doesn't remove them unlike the Disney blog where you need to be able to fart glittering rainbows to comment.
Maybe Universal is confident enough with the end result?
Yes, even on Universal's main site, they allow the negative reviews & ratings of the attractions to be seen by the general public. Pretty even handed. I was really surprised by that. If I was running the main site, there's no way I would let any negative comments be posted. Everything would be 100% "It's the Greatest Attraction Ever". :):lol: