(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess with 0 knowledge:

An expansive, expansive queue. By that I mean having the whole first floor be a queue. Possibly even "queueless", allow people to explore some areas of the Ministry at their leisure. At the end, you're taken on a tour of the Department of Mysteries, which ends up being a trackless, interactive ride located on the second floor of the building.
Seems a bit dull for a ride, but at this point their pushing the envelope for unique Harry Potter attractions, and I'm obsessed with Harry Potter. What I don't want is for UC to do a half ass job in creating what could be a cool concept.

Seems a bit dull for a ride, but at this point their pushing the envelope for unique Harry Potter attractions, and I'm obsessed with Harry Potter. What I don't want is for UC to do a half ass job in creating what could be a cool concept.

Not sure how an interactive wand shooter is "dull", but okay. This isn't gonna be a thrill ride, if I was a betting man

Every ride at Universal needs to make me throw up that hard "soft" pretzel I got from a food stand or else it's a BAD RIDE that Universal wasted millions and millions of dollars on :saw:

Reactions: Joel and Andysol
So here is a 'Harry Potter for Dummies' Question.
(Please feel free to reply. Sometimes I think I get replies from people on my ignore list, which ultimately leads to no reply lol)

WHat is the Ministry of Magic as it is represented within Potter?
I read Skips idea about a ride for such. WHat I was going to ask , is this something that would be more entertaining thn Gringotts? (Not to be confused with thrilling)

So here is a 'Harry Potter for Dummies' Question.
(Please feel free to reply. Sometimes I think I get replies from people on my ignore list, which ultimately leads to no reply lol)

WHat is the Ministry of Magic as it is represented within Potter?
I read Skips idea about a ride for such. WHat I was going to ask , is this something that would be more entertaining thn Gringotts? (Not to be confused with thrilling)

The Ministry of Magic is the seat of government for the UK's wizarding community. It's got SUPER ornate sets and locations, and houses some crazy stuff. Gringotts is definitely the more natural choice for a ride, but the MoM could be great, and more atmospheric than thrilling.

Here's a video that shows it off a bit:

WHat I was going to ask , is this something that would be more entertaining thn Gringotts? (Not to be confused with thrilling)

I guess that would depend on the ride mechanics, right?
FJ took us on a "greatest hits" for Potter; while Gringotts took us to a specific scene in a specific movie. I would think MoM would lean more towards that. There are a solid 2-3 scenes through the series that would be phenomenal to be a part of. I think this ride has the ability to be the most entertaining (and dark) of all of them- if thats the direction they choose.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I would be cool with a super highly detailed walk through attraction, opposed to another dark ride. If it's done right, it could work. I mean they are replacing Fear Factor Live, so I'm not expecting another Potter E ticket dark ride, especially since we are getting one in IOA so soon.

If they can get this thing up and running by 2019 to coincide with the FF coaster- I can't wait to read the articles comparing WWoHP vs SW:GE. It's not going to be close. SW might have the better ride- but in terms of immersion and scope/scale/size of land- I don't see how it can get close to topping WWoHP.

There will be comparison articles, as they are both opening up together. No doubt that was in UOR's mind as well.

Reactions: LJGonz
If they can get this thing up and running by 2019 to coincide with the FF coaster- I can't wait to read the articles comparing WWoHP vs SW:GE. It's not going to be close. SW might have the better ride- but in terms of immersion and scope/scale/size of land- I don't see how it can get close to topping WWoHP.

There will be comparison articles, as they are both opening up together. No doubt that was in UOR's mind as well.

Personally I could care less about the Disney VS UOR or Potter VS Star Wars Stories. That's all just opinion anyway.
UOR obviously has a HUGE head start when it comes to the amount of Potter experiences vs Star Wars experiences.

That being said, I've already experienced the Potter rides, and more doesn't excite me nearly as much as what Disney is planning.

My main worry is that SWL will be another Pandora, with insane queues due to low capacity, but highly popular attractions. If I have to wait 3 hours to ride anything in SWL, I won't be happy.

Personally I could care less about the Disney VS UOR or Potter VS Star Wars Stories. That's all just opinion anyway.
UOR obviously has a HUGE head start when it comes to the amount of Potter experiences vs Star Wars experiences.

That being said, I've already experienced the Potter rides, and more doesn't excite me nearly as much as what Disney is planning.

I would think most of us here are in the same boat and share the same opinion.

My point wasn't for us- it was for the thousands that will descend upon SW:GE who have not been to UOR and ridden a Potter ride- or maybe have only experienced Hogsmeade prior to 2014. And those people outnumber us, significantly.

I think it would be super fun to sit in a fireplace and travel magically to Malfoy Manor, Borgan and Burkes back room, the Shrieking Shack, and other scary dark places hunting death eaters that survived The Battle of Hogwarts.

Or "The Trial of Fenrir Greyback" in Courtroom 10.

Either one, or both.

Reactions: Nico and Quint
The Ministry of Magic is the seat of government for the UK's wizarding community. It's got SUPER ornate sets and locations, and houses some crazy stuff. Gringotts is definitely the more natural choice for a ride, but the MoM could be great, and more atmospheric than thrilling.

Here's a video that shows it off a bit:

It is the state and federal gov. of wizarding people.

Oops, JS beat me to it.

Thanks! Just enough Info here for me to gather an idea or two.

I guess that would depend on the ride mechanics, right?
FJ took us on a "greatest hits" for Potter; while Gringotts took us to a specific scene in a specific movie. I would think MoM would lean more towards that. There are a solid 2-3 scenes through the series that would be phenomenal to be a part of. I think this ride has the ability to be the most entertaining (and dark) of all of them- if thats the direction they choose.

Could be very entertaining. I was googling photos but wasn't sure if I was looking at the right thing since I didnt know what I was looking for lol. But Skips video and the responses really help paint a picture. Def seems to be more entertaining capable.

My main worry is that SWL will be another Pandora, with insane queues due to low capacity, but highly popular attractions. If I have to wait 3 hours to ride anything in SWL, I won't be happy.
Well, look at it this way, Universal tends to pull out new technology with the HP universe...Plus we are allegedly existing in a post 'SCREENZ' era now...It will be interesting to see what they do with that...I am not excited purely based on the fact that Universal has made my dreams come true with Potter world...Now anything else added is icing on the cake - I like icing

Few shots I took of the "actual" MoM whilst on a recent trip to London, could we see something like this for the facade?
I think it would be too plain. Not enough people would recognize it. I think a more famous building is more likely.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a partial walk thru, ending in the department of mysteries. Regular queue lead to the entrance of the MOM, Single riders and express lines ending up in the various floo network entrances, with standby being the telephone elevator thing. Every boarding different elevators to get to the ride. One could dream...

Are there any rides that have a post-ride queue? Like instead of dumping off into a gift shop the ride continues as some form of walkthrough//queue?

Not exactly what you're talking about, but i would say The Living Seas/Seas with Nemo and Friends is the closest thing I can think of