(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As of this morning I know of a few people who were scheduled to work the return of fear factor next Monday and the shifts have since been removed all together without an explanation.

8020Ap7.gif

I knew it! :clap:

...I hope the FFL actors get to keep their jobs, though. With the closure of T2 and FFL in quick succession, I feel like entertainment is losing options to relocate people to.

fear factor was always an awful idea for a show to me. I know its mainly a stunt show, but all the TV show reminds me of is people being forced to eat bugs and then vomiting everywhere. WHY would you make this into a theme park show?

Reactions: tankart150
Can't possibly be too thrilling if it's an interactive wand attraction.

Maybe be more than 1 attraction. Puzzle theater for the courtrooms wouldn't take up too much space, and then a omni-lift ride system for the main ride... throw in the main hall and some food and shopping..

The three "scenes" they need to produce are the courtroom, the department of mystery (in particular prophecy storage), and the main hall.

How they use them is up in the air, but if it's the Ministry those are what people expect to see.

Reactions: Alicia
So does anyone have any hints about what this ride will actually be?

So far either no one knows or no one is talking.
I talk about my theories as well as some of the ideas discussed in this thread based on patents filed by Universal (by @Disneyhead and others) in this video:

Ministry of Magic part in particular starts at 3 min mark.

I was pretty set that a TOT type ride was the way to go with this, but the more I think about it, a trackless ride themed to the elevators might be a more logical fit. They could either do simulated ups and downs with screens and hydraulics or they could make it multi story. This way, they could visit all the important scenes from the Ministy(courtrooms, prophecy room, death room(brain fart and too lazy to google), main hall, etc. They could have the car whip between rooms and floors. Have dark halls between to simulate elevator shafts. I guess it doesn't really need to be trackless, but I think it opens up more options with interaction with other RV's and the bigger show scenes.