(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My thoughts go more of a Hex-like attraction, using the Puzzle Theater and a Walkthrough attraction to be honest, with live actors along with actors from the film series seen using projection mapping.

Reactions: Scott W.
My guess is a walkthrough
That was the original idea. Something like Poseidon’s meets Ollivanders. Tour guide and interactive moments. But rumors and speculation have now turned to ride concepts, especially after hearing how Universal is reacting to D23.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
It doesn't make sense for a walkthrough with interactive wands because they shouldn't force people to buy a wand to do an attraction and I can see guest relations having to deal with the mess when people found out its technically a double upcharge attraction as it has to be an interactive wand and regular wands don't work. They could always do the loaner wand system but then they most likely will get stolen.

I'm more so going to think its not the puzzle theatre. I think this may be the dark ride with the moving screens that open and close patent that we saw based on the elevator.

As a walk through, that seems like a lot of space to devote to it. FFL is a much bigger plot compared to something like Walking Dead out in Hollywood. Meanwhile, the Puzzle Theater concept could go here, and be split into 2-4 separate theaters for higher capacity (almost like Mission: Space or Stitch’s Great Escape).

Also to consider: This attraction would justify a proper marketing campaign. No clue if MoM and the DC replacement coaster would launch in the same year, but if not... USF can not coast on a walkthrough attraction alone for a year, Potter or no. You would think they’d shoot for the same year, and try to do another big Potter push all at once for both parks, but they also delayed the 1-2 punch of Fallon and F&F in the same year, so...

Walk through attractions in theme parks. Let's look at the recent history. Poseidon's Fury is probably the best of the attractions and it only gets lukewarm approval. Walking Dead at Universal Hollywood and Pirates at DHS (now gone) have been disasters. I seriously doubt Universal will waste an attraction of their strongest IP on a lame walk through.

Forbidden Journey and Gringott's queues are basically walk through attractions themselves. Having a MoM walk through that doesn't end with a ride would basically be having a queue as a standalone attraction. Guests won't like that.

Personally, if the attraction isn't some sort of family friendly dark ride, I don't care that much. Especially if it's some sort of "everything goes wrong" thrill ride directly based on the events of the 5th or 7th books... it'll just be more of the same.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
It can still be a walkthrough attraction but instead of it just being things you get to look at, take it up a notch and make it an ADA accessible fun house. You are the Ministy of Magic things are bound to go wrong with enchanted muggle goods, exploding toilets, flying paper notes, spying eyeballs in doors, doors that lead to nowhere, rooms full of prophecies etc.

Just make it a funhouse at the same level of camp Jurassic in terms of guest satisfaction.

Are there any rides that have a post-ride queue? Like instead of dumping off into a gift shop the ride continues as some form of walkthrough//queue?

Reactions: alias8703
My guess with 0 knowledge:

An expansive, expansive queue. By that I mean having the whole first floor be a queue. Possibly even "queueless", allow people to explore some areas of the Ministry at their leisure. At the end, you're taken on a tour of the Department of Mysteries, which ends up being a trackless, interactive ride located on the second floor of the building.

An expansive, expansive queue. By that I mean having the whole first floor be a queue. Possibly even "queueless", allow people to explore some areas of the Ministry at their leisure. At the end, you're taken on a tour of the Department of Mysteries, which ends up being a trackless, interactive ride located on the second floor of the building.

That's perfect. I don't know how the logistics work because the main entrance hall is so massive, but that's not my job. :lol:

That sounds familiar.....