Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not really sure what's up, but Epcot is installing a big electronic sign just before the turn into the main parking lots. After the toll plaza, and its permanent in the typical Epcot silver and blue.

Wonder what that's about.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Missed this last week... pretty surprised it's actually a thing considering they don't want to open HoP:

Missed this last week... pretty surprised it's actually a thing considering they don't want to open HoP:

I don't think it's so much a matter that they don't want to open HoP, just that they're still waiting for the president to record his speech. That's my take on it anyway. Everyone thinks Disney is holding out on purpose, but from the quotes Disney has made on the subject, seems like they're waiting on him.

Personally, I'd just create a cut-and-paste speech using Routers or Associated Press recordings, but that's not the way they've done it in the past, and they probably don't want to upset anyone by not giving him the chance to record his own for the attraction.

Reactions: Disneyhead
After they go through this present process (which they're already somewhat committed to), which results in considerable attraction downtime after every new president takes office, it probably makes good business sense, to make some changes to the attraction, and eliminate future speaking roles for new presidents. Limit the attraction to speaking roles for the past icon Presidents (Lincoln, Washington etc),and the attraction could be open continuously. And that would keep the attraction clear of any unnecessary political reactions & rhetoric....Take the present day politics out of the attraction.

I don't think it's so much a matter that they don't want to open HoP, just that they're still waiting for the president to record his speech. That's my take on it anyway. Everyone thinks Disney is holding out on purpose, but from the quotes Disney has made on the subject, seems like they're waiting on him.

Personally, I'd just create a cut-and-paste speech using Routers or Associated Press recordings, but that's not the way they've done it in the past, and they probably don't want to upset anyone by not giving him the chance to record his own for the attraction.
I think it can be both. I believe that they're waiting for a recording, but I also don't think that Disney is pushing too hard for a recording to be made, either.

Anyway, sorry for getting this off-topic. :topic:

Reactions: Alicia
What the frack is a Seas image doing on that thing...?

Seas didn't open for several years and I'm pretty sure the final concept wasnt decided on until after Epcot opened.

What the frack is a Seas image doing on that thing...?

Seas didn't open for several years and I'm pretty sure the final concept wasnt decided on until after Epcot opened.
It opened in 1986, but the exterior design didn't change much from the 1982 concept. The change was mostly inside from a ride-through to exhibits. I would imagine future attractions would have been mentioned as well as current ones. (Now, the argument that it was "a city" on the other hand...)

Seas was pretty well finalized by the time EPCOT opened. I have plenty of pre-opening concept art and maps that showed more or less what was built.

Reactions: tankart150
The UK Pavillon is meant to be getting a B/C Type attraction, the folks over at wdwmagic say it will be based on “Brave”, anyone here got any more info?

Reactions: tankart150
Remember when FP+ was being deployed and they installed touch points at the entry area of the Pooh meet/greet in the UK?

And never used them?

Oh, those were the days...

And guess what!?!

mPi3ZL.gif