Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Star Tours (DHS)

I don't see in the article where it says it will be random. I read it as you are either getting 1-6 or 7-8. Granted it's not an official source, so its left to interpretation.

"That being said, the classic version would span Episodes 1 through 6, which still covers a wide range of time in the saga."

Since there's only 3 segments per ride it's impossible to always experience something from all 6 episodes, hence the assumption that that side will be randomized as usual.

Plus, they recently added in new randomizations within the random scenes, like hitting Jar Jar and getting paint spilled on the windshield instead of it breaking through, so seems like they want to keep the random option going to me.

Last edited:
This will work for DHS, but Disneyland will be a nightmare. FP already complicates this, but separating into two? Oof that's going to be difficult to manage.

This will work for DHS, but Disneyland will be a nightmare. FP already complicates this, but separating into two? Oof that's going to be difficult to manage.
Yea will be easy for DHS since Fastpass merges before the lines separate into two sides anyway.

Well, same with Disneyland but they don't have much to work with before that or after, since there are only 4 bays instead of 6. So if you separate them in half, that means that much less capacity to hold those lines down, those clogging things up and making an operations headache.

Japan has a clone of Disneyland's version- just themed to the crystal skull movie.
If you're talking about a coaster- you're probably thinking Paris. And that coaster sucks, unfortunately- nothing interesting on the track- it's super short (and feels it)- and capacity is no bueno. Probably the weakest ride there. That said, it takes up a tiny footprint and is still better than Primevil whirl. But those expecting something like the originally planned excavator will be sorely disappointed.

Sorry I'm late in seeing this but Tokyo DisneySea's Indy ride is NOT themed to the Crystal Skull movie. It is called Temple of the Crystal Skull but came out many years before the movie and is not related at all except for the name :)

I don’t think guests will have a choice. The queue doesn’t support it, and no way Disney takes Fastpass away to split the lines (which is the only way to do it).

I think it’ll be business as usual in line, but you’ll know right when the ride starts whether you’re in the classic version or the new trilogy version (IE, you see Darth Vader or the Millenium Falcon, or you don’t). The ride will probably be locked into the new trilogy for six months, and then they’ll have things back to normal. The only real change is that you’ll have an idea of what you won’t see the moment the ride starts.

I guess this is fine for now but I figured they'd explore different IPs for this attraction once the lands opened. Iron Man Experience is identical to Star Tours but a ton of fun and would be an easy switchover in DLR.

I guess this is fine for now but I figured they'd explore different IPs for this attraction once the lands opened. Iron Man Experience is identical to Star Tours but a ton of fun and would be an easy switchover in DLR.
It's not so simple.

With how crowded both DL and DHS will be when their respective SWL opens, they both need Star Tours to stay open for capacity reasons for at least the first year. On the point about Iron Man, it may seem like it makes sense because it uses the same RV, but it really doesn't. It doesn't make sense for DL because they're opening a Marvel Land across to promenade. As for DHS, Iron Man is off-limits. Disney likely wants any replacement to be cloned over at both DL and DHS.

With DL's Star Tours being in Tomorrowland, I personally have my money on a Big Hero 6 ride. I don't think it's big enough franchise to earn itself more than a new film in an old ride system and I actually think the movie would lend itself well to the ride system.

It's not so simple.

With how crowded both DL and DHS will be when their respective SWL opens, they both need Star Tours to stay open for capacity reasons for at least the first year. On the point about Iron Man, it may seem like it makes sense because it uses the same RV, but it really doesn't. It doesn't make sense for DL because they're opening a Marvel Land across to promenade. As for DHS, Iron Man is off-limits. Disney likely wants any replacement to be cloned over at both DL and DHS.

With DL's Star Tours being in Tomorrowland, I personally have my money on a Big Hero 6 ride. I don't think it's big enough franchise to earn itself more than a new film in an old ride system and I actually think the movie would lend itself well to the ride system.

I love the Big Hero 6 idea. It'd be really fun to fly over San Fransokyo.

So, I have FP for ST on Saturday. :clap:I got them before this release date was announced. By what I have read, am I to assume I will definitely only see the new 7/8 footage and opening? Man I hope so.....

Got to see the new/reworked scenes and they were great.
One thing that I think they should have done:
use BB-8 instead of R2-D2 as the copilot of the shuttle. We don't have a ST character like C3PO to go along with him, but at least it makes a clearer distinction. Maybe they thinking about continuity with BB-8 in the Falcon during the Jakku scene, but I doubt it would be significant

Got to see the new/reworked scenes and they were great.
One thing that I think they should have done:
use BB-8 instead of R2-D2 as the copilot of the shuttle. We don't have a ST character like C3PO to go along with him, but at least it makes a clearer distinction. Maybe they thinking about continuity with BB-8 in the Falcon during the Jakku scene, but I doubt it would be significant
There is very little continuity in Star Tours, I doubt that's the issue. But BB-8 would really be fun to put in the ride.

Did the updated version of Star Tours tonight, really enjoyed it. Wish I would have gotten a different transmission than BB-8 though since i've already seen that before. I believe they added a few more that alternate (maybe they won't show them until after the ride randomizes again though?). Ending on Batuu was very interesting, landing right next to the cantina. It's too bad that the ride won't exit into the land though or even be integrated.