Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

We review the new offerings, plus a lot of photos and videos.
REVIEW: The Holidays at Universal Orlando | Inside Universal
Nice review. It's great to see Universal getting such enthusiastic responses to their expanded Holiday offerings. I don't remember you using the word Wow much in past reviews. :) As you alluded to in your review, it seemed like Universal was just doing the minimum in their past holiday offerings. Universal seemed to have ceded Christmas to Disney, and was content with owning Halloween (HHN). Universal was leaving money on the table by not having a stronger holiday line up. But from what I can see & read, this seems to be a quantum leap and a challenge to WDW. And, as I've stated before, I've booked a ten night early December 2018 stay at Portofino to experience this personally. I think a lot of other tourists will do the same.

some stuff I have had a change to look at...I did enjoy the season! Side note...freakin' Annie Anne's...that smell grabs folks tummies or something....their is one in that little space by the Blues Brothers and over at IoA it is open by Spidey...and the lines...the $$ being brought in...WOW!!!

38554422712_02895663a2_k.jpg

38554475292_2090ed29be_k.jpg

37698878425_84fff61ebc_k.jpg

38554518652_a31416cf2f_k.jpg

38554499102_f1dddf1fa3_k.jpg

At the mall last Saturday Christmas shopping. There was an Annie Ann's there for the first time. I told Alene that people on IU are always raving about it, but don't know why, after all it's just another pretzel place. Man, was I wrong about just another pretzel place. That was like 100 times better than any I ever tasted before. Distinctive and super tasty. I'll never be able to eat a generic pretzel again.

my daughter followed her nose in both parks!! Is it an original idea if you use real smells instead of piping them in??

2017_aa_IMG_2887 by Peter Bierman, on Flickr

Does it only “snow” when Santa is there or does it snow sporadically throughout the day or night?

Here's some video of the Potter decor. Diagon Alley at 3:35 and Hogsmeade at 5:58 (with Dragon Challenge replacement update in between.) Plus some good shots of the parade starting at 8:45.

Does it only “snow” when Santa is there or does it snow sporadically throughout the day or night?
Only during the last section of the parade as far as I could tell... And also during Celestina's Xmas show in Diagon Alley's Carkitt Market.

It seemed to snow a couple of times during the parade, but they also shoot white confetti sometimes (as well as blue and green, but the all white blends with the snow...I get so confused with all the white falling...)

just playing with some software so this is really a re-post of a photo...I'm just playing with some editing for I do not think I captured the view when walking into the Wizard's World over at IoA

37899703494_5157768ff8_k.jpg

Nice pictures @Hockeyman55 I really like the subtle and elegant style of the Christmas Decorations in both Hogsmeade and Diagon. Being understated like that to me is better looking (subjective to my opinion of course), can’t wait to check this out in the next couple years.

With a 7pm closure and a first show at 6, how many times does the castle show currently run each evening? Also, is there one right at closing?